World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I don't understand how they could leave Davies off the roster. From all reports, he is working like mad to be fit in time for the Cup. Subtle motivational tactic? If I was him, I'd feel insulted. It's not like we have strikers to spare or something (besides Jozy).

EDIT: Wait, whoa. We named two strikers that aren't untalented Peter Crouch-clones? Shocking.

Davies club team apparently were pretty adamant that he wasn't fit. seriously though, dude had a partially severed spleen or something, he should be happy he is walking.

Pretty happy about the USA squad but it will take some guys to play out their skin for us to make good progress (i am looking at Edu, Altidore & Onyewu).

Midfield is where we will succeed or fail this year.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

• unityunity 179 Posts
    ps i was 6th in soulstrut fantasy premiership. was i highest placing 'merican?

I was in third place, but the group disappeared on me! What happened?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    We called out the anonymous teams (the ones with no identifiable strutter repping them) a while back. Suspended the "Lurkers".

Everyday a schoolday on the Brit thread.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Maradona is on crack:

Javier Zanetti and Esteban Cambiasso are set to miss the World Cup[/b] after being left out of Diego Maradona's 30-man preliminary squad. The Internazionale pair have been two of the key players for the Serie A leaders and integral in the team reaching the Champions League final against Bayern Munich but appear unlikely to be in South Africa this summer.

The Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago and the Barcelona central defender Gabriel Milito are other prominent absentees. Inter, though, will be represented by the striker Diego Milito, and the defender Walter Samuel, while the Bayern defender Martin Demichelis has also been selected.

Five England-based players have been included ? the Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Guti?rrez[/b] and the Liverpool duo of Javier Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Has Diego made up with Lionel yet? I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of higher method in his madness that will be revealed when they demolish all challengers at the WC. Alternatively he's a brain fried control freak who is single handedly squandering one of the most talented squads in the world.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Maradona is on crack:

Javier Zanetti and Esteban Cambiasso are set to miss the World Cup[/b] after being left out of Diego Maradona's 30-man preliminary squad. The Internazionale pair have been two of the key players for the Serie A leaders and integral in the team reaching the Champions League final against Bayern Munich but appear unlikely to be in South Africa this summer.

The Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago and the Barcelona central defender Gabriel Milito are other prominent absentees. Inter, though, will be represented by the striker Diego Milito, and the defender Walter Samuel, while the Bayern defender Martin Demichelis has also been selected.

Five England-based players have been included ? the Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Guti?rrez[/b] and the Liverpool duo of Javier Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez.

That's just insane, Zanetti is the driving force behind Inter's succes this season, probably even moreso than Sneijder

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I really would like to see the Netherlands win this World Cup. If they play well, they deserve to take the Cup home. Hup Holland Hup!

Spain, Germany, Argentinia, the Netherlands and maybe Nigeria are on top of my list. I think Italy will play poorly. Portugal too.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I think Portugal will be OK. Interesting to see Joao Moutinho didn't make the squad, they've got Nani and 'CR7' though.

Maradona is on crack:

That's just insane, Zanetti is the driving force behind Inter's succes this season, probably even moreso than Sneijder

And Coloccini was one of the worst defenders in the entire Prem last season! Gutierrez, so-so... but instead of Cambiasso???

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what no gago and gabi milito
    esta loco

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    he must not like extremely talented hardworking defensemen

he must not like extremely talented hardworking defensemen

LOL, can't imagine why.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    We called out the anonymous teams (the ones with no identifiable strutter repping them) a while back. Suspended the "Lurkers".

Dang, I guess I've been lurking a little too hard lately. How do I get reinstated? Do I have to achieve honorary Brit status?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like getting tanked as much as the next gal (there's a Strutter or two who can back me on this), but I think this is stupid.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/808645--world-cup-fans-can-drink-by-10-a-m?bn=1

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I like getting tanked as much as the next gal (there's a Strutter or two who can back me on this), but I think this is stupid.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/808645--world-cup-fans-can-drink-by-10-a-m?bn=1

Oi!

Anything to extend the drinking hours is kewl by me.

Besides, when the cup is going on. Hit up any of the many pubs that open specifically to show the game. It's pretty sad with no beer.

The amount of money drinking establishments can make during a match is well worth it.

Could be worse (Or better depending on your thoughts on the matter).

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/20...-World-Cup-2010

10 AM.
    In the morning.

F*ck, the game can't be so beautiful if you need a beer or eight to face her in the morning, feel me?

IMO, time should not matter. We live in a different world now.

100 years ago you would have to wait a week to find out who won the match.

Why do we even have drinking hours?

Take me for example. I work a totally different work schedule and with that, have a totally different set of hours than others.

The people that sleep all day and work the graveyard shift should have the right to go watch the match after 8AM and have a pint.

The idea that we should for some reason stop selling alcohol between a certain set of hours is dated. If a place wants to be open and sell the drink, I say let them!

But it's Toronto, not Paris, not Amsterdam, not even NYC.

The nighshift folks can drink at home - I can not believe I am even taking this side of the debate to be honest - I am not thinking about them but the fools who will be throwing punches by 11.30, you know?

Whatever, it's a talking point. Beers at 10 AM are the least of my neighbourhood's concerns...I'm out of downtown now!

And we've been sad ever since you left...

But how is it different for a fight to happen at 1PM watching a match and 10AM?

Look at what happen when Canada won gold in hockey. There were riots early in the day.

Besides, if I'm able to drag you out to a match this June, we will be having a drink... Bloody mary???

Tho, I know you drink the hard stuff...

Whatever, it's a talking point. Beers at 10 AM are the least of my neighbourhood's concerns...I'm out of downtown now!

Like people walking on your lawn???

HAHAHA

lol - yea, kinda:

"Also swept up in Tuesday?s pre-dawn raids were members of 5 Point Generals and Falstaff Crips, most considered low-level drug dealers. They relied on the Shower Posse, a Jamaica-based organization known to have 10 members in Toronto, for their cocaine supply imported from Jamaica and Panama, it is alleged.

One of the purported leaders, Courtney Ottey, has been under house arrest since last November after he was let out on bail for charges including participate in a criminal organization.

A condition of his release was that he not be in possession of a cellphone. Yet between Feb. 5 and April 20 this year, police allege Ottey used cellphones more than 1,000 times to engage in some conversations that were ?criminal in nature,? according to the documents. Police allege he had other Shower Posse members collecting money for him to pay bills and lawyer fees.

He is charged with cocaine trafficking and failing to comply with a recognizance.

Another alleged Shower Posse leader, Derrick Smith, is someone police describe as a ?business man? and key firearms and drug supplier who regularly sent money back to Jamaica, some of it going toward rebuilding a house there.

Where the gangs are

Falstaff Crips: Police allege turf includes highrise apartments and a community centre along Falstaff Ave., including 20, 30 and 40 Falstaff. Situated in northwest Toronto near Jane St. and Wilson Ave.

Five Point Generals: Weston Rd., between Lawrence Ave. W. and Eglinton Ave. W. Includes 5 Bellevue Cres. and 1890 Weston Rd. (Mario's Brothers Restaurant), 1946 Weston Rd. (The Central Bar and Grill) and "The Fort" (Unit 2012 at 25 Martha Eaton Way).

Shower Posse: Suppliers to alleged street gang members. There is no geographical territory.
    "

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/805264--street-gangs-still-thriving-despite-big-busts

Besides, if I'm able to drag you out to a match this June, we will be having a drink...

I would love to - let's do it! A few Jamesons and I'll be ready to take on the first kid out at recess who throws me a dirty look.

Dang, I guess I've been lurking a little too hard lately. How do I get reinstated? Do I have to achieve honorary Brit status?

Lurk less.

But you are good to go for next season, Geoff.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

F*ck, the game can't be so beautiful if you need a beer or eight to face her in the morning, feel me?

I personally find her quite so awe inspiringly gorgeous that I need a few pints of Dutch courage just to pluck up the confidence to be seen with her in public.

Otherwise it's back to the no public places rule

• I like getting tanked as much as the next gal (there's a Strutter or two who can back me on this), but I think this is stupid.

10am...? I'm pretty sure during the 2002 World Cup that pubs in the UK were opening at 7-7:30am.

All you bankers... break out the Cacha?a

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsb...-World-Cup.html

Brazil, who have claimed the trophy a record five times, are the likely winners this summer, with 22pc probability of victory, the Swiss investment bank said.

The UBS Wealth Management team found Spain, the European champions and bookmakers' favourite, to have just a 4pc shot at the title. Fabio Capello's England also have just a 4pc chance, it said.

Could be worth a punt on Spain NOT doing it?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Neat book from Germany

All our world cup yesterdays