World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Okem said:
    Apparently Henry has failed a drugs test and been banned from the World Cup.

i've heard this is just a false rumor started on the fly. on some "zac from saved by the bell is dead"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    jlee said:
    Okem said:

i've heard this is just a false rumor started on the fly. on some "zac from saved by the bell is dead"

Yes it's a joke - http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/830486-thierry-henry-world-cup-drug-ban-hoax-sweeps-internet-after-joke-video

A witty play on the fact his name is similar to the popular hoover make 'Henry', as seen in .gif

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Dear Lord this opening ceremony.......

Kels has just been wheeled out wearing what appears to be a suit made out of glittery offcuts. He's killing them right now

On the plus side, the poor coordination and general chaos on show is making me feel a lot better about our upcoming 2012 Olympic opening ceremony.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Someone twittered "It's all spears and bongos".

Come on, now. Surely "It's all spears and bongos and plastic trumpets" would be better.

Mandela a no-show.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Mandela a no-show.

espn is sayin his granddaughter died in a car crash yesterday. he's with family as a result. sad to hear.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    jlee said:
    Okem said:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Giant dung beetle. It's like fucking Starship Troopers.

• can i start drinking now...?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    MEXICO, MEXICO!!!!!!

When's the game?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    MEXICO, MEXICO!!!!!!

When's the game?

now (like 15mins)

neil_something said:
    can i start drinking now...?

I assumed it was from the moment the opening ceremony started? Works for me anyway.

15 mins and counting till this kicks off. Interested to see how Mexico do as they looked great when going forward and could do some damage here. Need to look up odds on Uruguay winning this evening's match as well...

Have to say that's a hell of stadium, great venue Should be a FIFA ruling that all teams have to sing and dance in the warm up tunnel.

Those fucking horns though.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    WHy is it such a pain in the ass finding a stream for this on the intertubes? ESPN 3 doesn't work on my network for some reason, BBC is blocked in the US. Gonna have to watch it en espanol...

EDIT: D'oh.

So anybody found a good stream?

I assume ITV live is UK only? Not checked it out (WFH-related) but it's probably still appalling anyway.

Mexico's left back is nowhere to be seen. Always space out there, but RSA haven't capitalised on it yet.

I'm getting the pavlovian urge to drink a beer right now.

Neither team look particularly comfortable, but RSA are better than I'd expected.

SAVE!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    hey duder or anyone else, that stream link keeps asking me to sign up...anyone else have another link?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    What! Why was that not a goal!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    what a fucking horrible astute call

LOL, appalling decision. It's like 2002 all over again........

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    hey duder or anyone else, that stream link keeps asking me to sign up...anyone else have another link?

try here - http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/37454-World-Cup-2010-South-Africa-June-11th

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I know it's ITV but the commentators were talking about how it was a great decision?? WTF? Were they claiming because he was in the goal, he was out of play?

The game is finally getting interesting though. I also like how those horn things stop every time SA do something.

Grandfather said:

I'm running firefox if it helps, but that link (http://workthisway.com/Mexico-vs-South-Africa.html) didn't ask me to sign up for anything.

[strike]MOG[/strike] OMG that should've been a headed goal for RSA!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Halftime. Hopefully they'll speak on it.

Grandfather, it's half time, so in about 15 mins maybe try this

http://livestreamfree.net/south-africa-vs-mexico-live-stream-free-live-streaming-world-cup-2010.html

not streaming now, might be stopped during halftime.

Or maybe

http://www.limbler.com/world-cup-stream-2527.html

Update, was on conference call (shh) at the time so didn't watch it properly but the forward was in front of the goalie meaning the defender on the line was in effect the last player back. I therefore have to concede it was a great offside call.