NHL Playoffs 2010

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Edit: Keith lost seven teeth.

Cove, let's see what happens. Seems like everybody wants to crown the Hawks and, while they certainly are favorites, who knows what can happen?

History is lining up Hossa for a truly Shakespearean tragedy of being on the wrong side of the Stanley Cup finals for the third straight season. A lot of the hockey press and even our local Chicago guys have been jumping on the dude for not scoring more this playoffs season. But, he leading the team in plus/minus and not scoring goals equates to doing everything else right, and anyone actually watching the games can see that.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    white tea: enjoy the cup, man!

Hawks are an EXCITING team to watch... but how many times must we be subjected to that awful goal celebration song!!?? I will say this, the hawks have not played any physical teams their whole run. Canucks and Sharks are a bunch of pussy finesse teams. If you play the Flyers, be prepared to get knocked on your ass when your flying through neutral ice. Just sayin...

white tea: enjoy the cup, man!

Hawks are an EXCITING team to watch... but how many times must we be subjected to that awful goal celebration song!!?? I will say this, the hawks have not played any physical teams their whole run. Canucks and Sharks are a bunch of pussy finesse teams. If you play the Flyers, be prepared to get knocked on your ass when your flying through neutral ice. Just sayin...

Dude, you are telling me about that song. It's been two years now -- after every goal, they play it. All I can think about is the Amstel Light commercial. It's a Dam good beer! Somehow it's actually come full circle -- knowing how much the opposing teams must hate it, I have started to revel in it.

Honestly Nashville, in the first round, played Chicago the toughest so far in a more physical and trap-oriented style. Hawks had to be more patient and pick their spots. Imagine they'll have to do the same against Philly or Montreal.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Habs melting down right now

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    still have a loooooooooong shot
    but my enthusiasm is much deflated
    why did halak leave the net

I would have done the same, but bumping into your own player messing everything up is not how you end that move.

GOMEZ SCOOOOREES!

Boy this is rollercoaster all the way

Good bye Habs

I'll remember those 7th game wonders you pulled

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    great run
    at least i got a subban shirt out of it
    we can retool and the players morale will be high in the offseason for once

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    great run.

best habs team i've ever watched. and we were severely missing their best player on the PP.

GO HAWKS.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i wish we would have had markov
    but it's leaving me hungry for more
    best team i've watched since 93...
    GO HAWKS

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals!!!!!!!!! fucyea!!

Damn. Game 2 is one physical ass hockey game.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Last night's game was very intense!
    Nice to see Philly make it a series.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    wow, way closer than i thought this would be. If Philly wins, thats a hell of a storybook cup run...getting into the playoffs on a shootout in the final game! Hossa has been playing like a beast, i feel sorry for him.

alieNDN said:
    wow, way closer than i thought this would be. If Philly wins, thats a hell of a storybook cup run...getting into the playoffs on a shootout in the final game! Hossa has been playing like a beast, i feel sorry for him.

THE CURSE OF HOSSA

:woah:

Sick Game 6 in the works.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I almost poasted on your FB page that you must have been thrilled to see Hossa score into his own net to blow the Cup clinch for the Hawks!

SoulOnIce said:
    I almost poasted on your FB page that you must have been thrilled to see Hossa score into his own net to blow the Cup clinch for the Hawks!

:oof:

Congrats Chicago - first Cup in almost 50 years!!!

Have to admit ... Roenick crying on the postgame just to see Chicago win it choked me up a bit.

SoulOnIce said:

Have to admit ... Roenick crying on the postgame just to see Chicago win it choked me up a bit.

Congrats Chi-town!

More hockey in 4 months.

:feelin_it:

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

great fucking game. if it goes in, it goes in :pasue:

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    congrats Chicago and their fans....

Awesome game, awesome series. I know Hossa is hated by a lot of people, most of all Pens fans. Whenever I have heard him talk, though, he seems like such a humble, nice guy -- and obviously one of the hardest workers on the ice, straight muscling people off the puck nonstop. So I couldn't help but get a little misty almost when he was the second guy to get the Cup after Captain Toews. Kane, who only scored the game winner (!), was something like the fifteenth guy to hold the Cup. That really says a lot about the tight-knit team that is the Chicago Blackhawks. It was also cool to see Quenneville show some happy emotions for the first time since he took over the team early last season.

SoulOnIce said:

A guy at my work just asked me, "Was he crying because he was proud and happy or because he didn't win a Stanley Cup?" My response, "Both."

I have mixed feelings about the guy. Of course, everyone in Chicago was up in arms when they team crudely traded him away to Phoenix rather than paying him the money that he deserved. But he has always been an arrogant dude. This playoff year, he was rooting for the Sharks, then he was rooting for the Blackhawks, then the Flyers, then the Blackhawks again. I know he has played for all three teams and he is still bitter about being traded from Chicago, so I can't really be mad.

I got to attend all three finals home games in Chicago with a press pass. There was a funny moment after Game 2. Once the third period ends, all the reporters straight up run from the press box to the elevator to go down to the locker rooms and press conference, and everyone just jams into the elevator, like 20-people deep. When we got to the basement, the door opens and there is only one person standing there trying to go up -- Roenick. All the reporters basically ignored the former Hawks legend and walked right by. Roenick got on the elevator and there was an attendant who was only supposed to stop at the basement or the seventh floor and I could hear her giving J.R. a hard time about wanting to go to another floor. How things change. On another note, how about Roenick's shirt? Straight outta Nights at the Roxbury -- some wavy purple thing, hypnotizing.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    great series and match

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    getting to attend all three home games in the finals??! man, that's pretty sweet.

Hossa is an amazing hockey player. Anyone who thhinks otherwise or talks about his "jinx" is simply out to lunch.
    I'm glad he won.

It's too bad the game ended that way; Leighton is just too soft.

@White Tea

I know, I have mixed feelings about Roenick, too. He's a local kid and was definitely a phenom BITD - he went and played in juniors instead of the Beanpot and that never endears you to New Englanders ... but paid off with a quick trip to the NHL. His personality leaves much to be desired but a cocky dude from the south shore of Boston is a little too familiar to my own upbringing not to be appreciated somewhat.

If anything, the reason I was able to choke up at his tears was because I do think of him as totally douchey but that moment felt genuine to me, although it wasn't clear if he was crying for Chicago or himself. I guess a safe bet would be the latter.

So awesome that you went to all 3 home games of the Finals!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    HABS TRADE HALAK TO BLUES

YEAH! Glad that soap opera is over!!

wait ... they traded Halak??? WHY????????????

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I'm one of the few people in town feeling the deal!!

We can't have two goalies like that, i suppose. it's a coupla million sitting on the bench every game.
    Halak was probably asking himself out of the team's range.

They get younger. Interesting Danish prospect.
    They save money.
    They let the better goalie (IMO) get his chance to shine.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    bump?

Hesitant to start a new thread, but.... there's another free agency thing going on now.

Habs get a dirty backup.
    Volchenkov to Devils...Brodeur never retires.
    but they lost Martin to the Penguins. Devs also got Tallinder. They always make good moves.

Flames are very weird