NHL Playoffs 2010

Comments

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

+
    blocked shots up the WAZOOO!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Never has a No. 8 seed beaten a No. 1 when they were down three games to one... until now. Oh, snap!

Washington Capitals, enjoy the President's Trophy -- no one can ever take that away from you and don't you forget it!

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Hats off to Montreal!

I know I'll get lynched for this in D.C. but Boudreau needs to go. He is NOT a playoff coach.

1. How many times in this series was it 1 Cap vs. 5 Habs? He needed to calm them down and get them to work together as a team.

2. No offensive zone presence. Step over the blueline and take a quick shot. Or...work it in the corners for a minute, get a weak shot on goal.

3. Lack of defence. I never like it when defencemen slide to try to take away a play and the Caps are the kings of this.

4. No veterans in this series until Game 7. Bringing in Walker and Morrisson was the right move...but he should have done that since Game 1. Those guys are your role players, 3rd line grinders that you need in the playoffs.

Good series all around though. Now I can concentrate on the Red Wings.

• Options
    I said it earlier and will repeat it again: if Halak stays like this, Montreal is going to the finals.

Round 2:

Pittsburgh v Montreal: Pittsburgh in 7
    Boston v Philly: Boston in 6

Dealt.

San Jose v Detroit: Detroit in 5
    Vancouver v Chicago: Vancouver in 7

Dealteded.

b/w

Way to go Habs!! You made history tonight.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that called-back goal for Knuble being in the crease was pretty borderline, though. if the game were in Montreal and that happened, conspiracy theories would abound.

Halak's toe-save on the wrap-around?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Heart attack and yelling? CZECH!!!

EAT IT WASHINGTON.
    THE REAL SEASON.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

• dear Montreal peops,

you are the shit. you will always have a special place in my heart for knocking the caps out in the 1st round. I will be sorry to have to root against you as my squad eliminates you in the next round. thanks again and peace,

-pens fan

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    just checking in to say I don't watch hockey but I am growing a playoff beard.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    dear Montreal peops,

you are the shit. you will always have a special place in my heart for knocking the caps out in the 1st round. I will be sorry to have to root against you as my squad eliminates you in the next round. thanks again and peace,

-pens fan

i appreciate it, haha.

Pittsburgh would've beaten the Caps if it came to that, anyway....

HERE WE GOOOOOOO

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    OH SHIT.

I'm "praying" for Markov. Without him, it is not possible. Not that i have much confidence in this series to begin with.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    pretty much yeah
    nice to see subban get one though

• Options
    Exciting game between Boston and Philly. The better team won thos afternoon. Glad that Savard scored the winner. Hopefully Philly bounces back in game 2!

that game today was ridiculous.

I was seriously sick to my stomach in OT.

what a relief when Savard announced he was back in a big way, with the OT dagger.

classic Savard celebration, too

this series is going to be bad for my health.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Damn Halak.

• Options
    2 things you need to win in the playoffs: good special teams, and a hot goalie. Mtl has both. If the Pens don't adjust, we will see another upset.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    halak and camz
    but i need to steal one at home to be a bonafide believer

halak and camz
    but i need to steal one at home to be a bonafide believer

I'm starting to sweat a bit. Habs have a very frustrating style. Expect to see Crosby breaking sticks and crying to refs a bunch this series. Good thing is he has been through this before against the Wings.

As for Game 1, Habs and Halak were emotionally drained after that Game 7 series. They are back.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    definetly tired in game 1
    we have to play smarter than ever
    but spacek,markov...not being there it hurts our defense tremendously..

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Cindy Crosby

Cindy Crosby

Careful, "Cindy" has the ability to win games by himself.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I know, and expect that to come back to haunt me, but i'll say it anyway.

props to my new avatar

the throw-the-stick-in-the-crowd was reckless but awesome.

apparently the fan threw it back - people thought it was mis-guided generosity
    on the fan's part, but I wonder if it was a Philly fan, like when fans throw an
    opponent's home run baseball back onto the field.

• Options
    lol...that would be hilarious.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    props to my new avatar

the throw-the-stick-in-the-crowd was reckless but awesome.

apparently the fan threw it back - people thought it was mis-guided generosity
    on the fan's part, but I wonder if it was a Philly fan, like when fans throw an
    opponent's home run baseball back onto the field.

Ha -- I have seen that probably 20 times already just watching the hockey coverage on Versus and I never once noticed that he threw his stick into the crowd.

Exciting Sharks-Wings game last night. Wisconsin boy Pavelski seems like he could win this thing all by himself.

Hopefully my Blackhawks don't lay an egg like they did in the first game. Canucks are good but not that good.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    let's go flyers! Make me a believer!

Cindy Crosby

Yeah. The endless Crosby bashing by non-Penguins fans is the lamest shit evar.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i respect that guy so much as a player in all aspects of the game on and off the ice
    gretzky second coming 4 real