TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    TDLT02 said:
    the urban music room had replaced the modern soul room

^^^ This. And all it entails....

• TDLT02 said:
    The one to attend in the future will be 'Vintage' from what mates who attended told me. One friend said 'Vintage' was the best thing he'd attended in 10 years, much better than Southport.

I was at Vintage, good live acts (LeRoy Hutson, Ann Sexton) but the DJ lineup was great. Properly good soul venue, done out like an old nightclub, DJ after Dj playing great tunes, nice. There was a warehouse built to house the 80's era DJ's - once again an amazing line-up, looked great. I was with the kids so couldn't properly indulge, but deffo back next year to enjoy the music.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    TDLT02 said:
    Southport Weekender accomodation is poor, looks like they were built in the 50s....LOL!

Not quite. It opened in 1968, but the basic design for all those holiday camps/villages was established just after the end of WWII.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

You'd wonder if the middle-aged/class mafia on here have contemplated a lay-by visitation with the other half in an attempt to bring back the spark.

Got a spare ticket to see Brasil v Ukraine @ Pride Park in Derby tonight

Sheva
    Robbie Neo (maybe)

And dem

7:30 kickoff

Any takers?

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    no money :(

How much is none? ;)

How about ??15? - cutting my own froat, I am...

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    haha i'm so skint its untrue at the moment, having some fuckery issues with a loan so its mad tight at the moment.

maybe you'll be able to sell it at the ground?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Is anyone else following the live Liverpool FC trial coverage? HERE It's pretty riveting stuff.

I also liked interview in which Rooney contradicts what SAF has been selling us and says he has no injury problem. I alway knew dude was full of it.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooneeeeeeey.

I'm gonna finally upgrade my shitty pan'n'scan TV to a chav-styled 40"+ widescreen just for FIFA11. Anyone got it? It's great.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    My Xbox died again at on Monday. I already fixed it after it's RROD 3 light meltdown, now it's got some to form of fail. THE SUCKING THING SUCKS!

But like a true sucker, I'm going to go out and buy a new one.

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER

(now on to a nightmare of a different kind)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    please share how is it settled all i saw on the footy news this morning
    is texas court contempt
    bw
    i feel your pain gillette once owend our legendary and extremly profitable hockey club: les canadiens
    he sold it back to the former owners so thats not bad

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Briddish dudes: What's with all this mutilation of the Post Office I keep hearing about?

pcmr said:
    is texas court contempt
    bw
    i feel your pain gillette once owend our legendary and extremly profitable hockey club: les canadiens

First thing this morning, there were rumours that Hicks had withdrawn the injunction and sold his stake to Mill Financial, a hedge fund, with the intention of getting them to settle the ??237m debt with RBS which was due today if LFC weren't to go into administration and face a catastrophic docking of nine points. If Hicks had succeeded, this would have ended the involvement of RBS and with it the authority of the independent directors appointed by them, who wanted to sell to NESV. Hicks could then have fired the board and sold the club to one of these higher bidders he referred to in his TRO, even though the board had already adjudged that the NESV deal was in the best interests of the club.

As it turned out, this story was untrue, and it looks as if Judge Jim Jordan in the 160th district saw through Hicks' tissue of bullshit, and deferred to the decision of the High Court over here (a verdict that Hicks apparently neglected to mention when seeking the initial TRO). Hick had nowhere else to go, and threw in the towel, but only after declaring he'd be seeking $1bn in damages. The announcement that NESV were the new owners of LFC came at about 4:00pm GMT.

The minute-by-minute coverage on The Guardian website has been extraordinary.

SportCasual said:
    Briddish dudes: What's with all this mutilation of the Post Office I keep hearing about?

A couple of big sorting offices in London being put to the sword - Nine Elms Lane and another one, I forget whereabouts. I'd imagine that's just the start.

Everything is being cut - the caring, sharing Conservatives we were promised turn out to be the kind of free-market ideologues whose every waking moment is apparently occupied with thoughts of how far and how quickly they can roll back the welfare state. Who knew? Thatcher would be proud.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yeah, it's all going to be great.

In related news, some assclown Fox pundit/judge with a very low forehead, was going on about privatizing the roads here in order to achieve better service through competition. I swear he was doing it to get attention.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    pcmr said:
    is texas court contempt
    bw

First thing this morning, there were rumours that Hicks had withdrawn the injunction and sold his stake to Mill Financial, a hedge fund, with the intention of getting them to settle the ??237m debt with RBS which was due today if LFC weren't to go into administration and face a catastrophic docking of nine points. If Hicks had succeeded, this would have ended the involvement of RBS and with it the authority of the independent directors appointed by them, who wanted to sell to NESV. Hicks could then have fired the board and sold the club to one of these higher bidders he referred to in his TRO, even though the board had already adjudged that the NESV deal was in the best interests of the club.

As it turned out, this story was untrue, and it looks as if Judge Jim Jordan in the 160th district saw through Hicks' tissue of bullshit, and deferred to the decision of the High Court over here (a verdict that Hicks apparently neglected to mention when seeking the initial TRO). Hick had nowhere else to go, and threw in the towel, but only after declaring he'd be seeking $1bn in damages. The announcement that NESV were the new owners of LFC came at about 4:00pm GMT.

The minute-by-minute coverage on The Guardian website has been extraordinary.

Fingers crossed the new owners aren't also complete idiots.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    SportCasual said:

A couple of big sorting offices in London being put to the sword - Nine Elms Lane and another one, I forget whereabouts. I'd imagine that's just the start.

Everything is being cut - the caring, sharing Conservatives we were promised turn out to be the kind of free-market ideologues whose every waking moment is apparently occupied with thoughts of how far and how quickly they can roll back the welfare state. Who knew? Thatcher would be proud.

LOL

The biggest free marketeer and pocket liner in the country is your Labour friend and mine, Mr Tony Blair.

skel said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    SportCasual said:

LOL

The biggest free marketeer and pocket liner in the country is your Labour friend and mine, Mr Tony Blair.

First of all, Tony Blair is no friend of mine. It's partly because he didn't have the balls to step away from the neo-liberal model that we're in the current mess. When you have the kind of huge mandate he had, yet immediately rush to reassure the City that you'll be pursuing broadly the same economic policies as your predecessor, so they've nothing to worry about (the rest of us, on the other hand...), you do begin to wonder why the modern Labour politician is so utterly terrified of appearing radical compared to his Tory counterpart.

Secondly, LOL, LOL and LOL again at the idea that even a Labour government as right-wing as Blair's would plunge as enthusiastically into the kind of badly thought-out, blame-Labour-not-the-banks programme of spending cuts this shower of cunts are embarking upon. I don't imagine I'll take pleasure in sticking a tube down the throat of everyone who moaned about Blair and Brown, and force-feeding them their own words in five years' time, but if it has to be done...

By the way, how's that 'Nick Clegg and Vince Cable as a moderating influence' thing working out?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Clue me in on what part of the welfare state is being rolled back.

• b/w

Yanks Out?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    ...shower of cunts...

so good...

• I'd like Chizzle's view on the Rooneyman saga please.

Shears said:
    I'd like Chizzle's view on the Rooneyman saga please.

I've been hearing a lot of "we never liked that stupid scouse bastard anyway" kind of talk today. Not entirely unlike the waving-away of the RvN/Ronaldo sales by United fans as no big deal, but with added NW vitriol.

Apparently the Turkish media are reporting that Frank Rijkaard has quit Galatasaray, and is being lined up to replace Woy "Crisis? What Crisis?" Hodgson. Rijkaard's people are denying there's been any approach, and are saying that "at this moment, Frank is still manager of Galatasaray". Which leads me to believe that it's virtually a done deal.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Tony Blair is no friend of mine.

Speaking about Tony. He is debating Christopher Hitchens here in Toronto Nov. 26

That should be a pretty interesting debate IMO.

DocMcCoy said:
    Woy "Crisis? What Crisis?" Hodgson.

Really a crisis? The team will click eventually, give him a chance. 8 games is nothing. Joe Cole to come good.