TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN said:
    lionel messi is the best player in football.

He didn't show when Klaus and dem did them 4-0 in the World Cup, remember. At least we scored against Klaus (twice, unofficially).

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    we are laboring for sure and mourinho figured us out
    but come time for the finals our defensive depth will be back up
    it is only one game but i don't believe united will be favorites
    beating arsenal would be the first step as they play a similar tickytacky(cringe) style
    camp nou with no pepe (the main guy throwing us off) and ramos we will be fine
    The flopfest was embarassing for both sides
    I never respected busquets he sticks out like a sore thumb on our squad
    pedro and alves flop too much and get the boy who cried wolf syndrome
    i am still unsure of affelay but he can do damage to United (so can adrianno)
    I still think united can do well when you think about it our teams are matched up evenly
    ferdianand_scholes/piqu??, evra/puyol_maxwell, nani/villa, dani alves/valencia, adriano/park
    giggs/iniesta, it's the xavi,messi tandem that i don't think chicharito/rooney can match
    however bring back berbatov and exploit our weakness on set pieces or nani's deadly crosses
    but pep and his squad have enourmous respect for united
    should be a great battle

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The final is practically a home game for United (well their fans at least ) Messi often struggles to perform away, so he may have a quiet game. Fate definitely seems to be smiling on United at the moment, but at their strongest Barca will roll over them. It will in all likelihood be as dull a game as last night, with United playing their bank of 8 defenders + a front 2.

• I thought Chelsea were still in the CL for a minute, then I realized it was Barca being discussed.
    Still confused by "us" and "we" Pcmr..

Said it before - Barca's play acting seriously damages their standing as a great team.

Arsenal will see their game with United as a last chance to gain some pride back this season - whether they are capable of any more than a whimper remains to be seen. I would not be surprised if they won the game..

Encouraged by reports of Tottenham's interest in Marin today - looks a class act.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If they fail to finish top 4, I think Spurs fans can look forward to a summer of constant speculation that all their best players are on their way out.
    I'm sure 'Arry will continue to try and do a deal for every player remotely rumoured to be going doe.

• Okem said:
    If they fail to finish top 4, I think Spurs fans can look forward to a summer of constant speculation that all their best players are on their way out.
    I'm sure 'Arry will continue to try and do a deal for every player remotely rumoured to be going doe.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd be ok with getting a nice 25 mill for Modric.
    I think teams have targeted him as the weak link and swarm him in midfield. Never consistently impressed me.
    I think Huddlestone and Sandro would make a much better midfield pairing.
    Lose Crouch and Keane and pay out the money for a seriously decent striker.
    Give Defoe one more season to see if he can cut it, play Pavlyuchenko from the start more often...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Listen!

b/w

Andrew Marr, Ryan Giggs, Ewan Mcgregor and Gaby Logan walk into a bar and I can't tell you what happened.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Ha, good on him.

Sheet, these semis need to be 1 leg each. Now we have to watch Barca defend and Man U field their ardmen probably.

Rooney and Chicharito are fun to watch though. They are totally crushing on each other.

• carlislecarlisle 11 Posts
    Chelsea boys: I'll be visiting London next week from New Jersey. Pints on you.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Chelsea boys? On here? You'd have an easier job finding them in Chelsea.

b/w

Hello, BritStrut - wie geht's?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    Ah the fanfare, the sense of occasion, the screaming masses, the history, the ceremony. We only went and did Man U once it didn't matter. Bah.

Doc, you must be pleased with the way Suarez is shaping up. Found a decent pub over there yet?

Duderonomy said:
    Ah the fanfare, the sense of occasion, the screaming masses, the history, the ceremony. We only went and did Man U once it didn't matter. Bah.

This. Apart from, the FA cup matters to City, if only to put that rag banner to sleep.

Balotelli starting to look like he give's a monkey's uncle. David Silva is one of the best midfielders in the league. Tevez & Dzeko... loads of firepower going forward. Do you think Mancini is finally begnining to have enough faith in his players to drop the negative 3-defensive-midfielders business?

Duderonomy said:
    Balotelli starting to look like he give's a monkey's uncle. David Silva is one of the best midfielders in the league. Tevez & Dzeko... loads of firepower going forward. Do you think Mancini is finally begnining to have enough faith in his players to drop the negative 3-defensive-midfielders business?

I think the decision, sans-Tevez, to take the game to Un*ted in the FA Semi was pivotal for the season. The green shoots of belief. On paper, the squad should be doing this week in, week out. No worries about the front two of Ballo and Dzeko, they will get the job done. This is the squad going forward, hopefully we can get Sneijder in too over the Summer.

Tevez is under some kind of voodoo mind-control spell from his agent and will be doing his annual jog for a %ge cut again. Fantastic player, shame to see him go but his personal life must be like a real plate-spinning act (split from wife and kids but can't seem to live without them, wherever he decides to live) and City are better off without the impromptu absences and elastic transfer requests from the man with the armband.

Also: Dalglish. Getting results quickly. Kuyt in the best form of his career. Well done. Stevie G jogging on?

J i m s t e r said:

Tevez is under some kind of voodoo mind-control spell from his agent and will be doing his annual jog for a %ge cut again. Fantastic player, shame to see him go but his personal life must be like a real plate-spinning act (split from wife and kids but can't seem to live without them, wherever he decides to live) and City are better off without the impromptu absences and elastic transfer requests from the man with the armband.

Also: Dalglish. Getting results quickly. Kuyt in the best form of his career. Well done. Stevie G jogging on?

You'd think they'd just move out to where-ever their breadwinning old man is. Agents though. Anelka hadn't been interested in leaving Arsenal until his bro decided to look out for his best interests.

I was thinking the same thing about 'Pool minus St Steven of Me. They actually look a lot better. No doubt Gerrard can play, but he's definitely got something of the moody premadonna about him with age.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ever since City came to the Emirates, and were vilified for playing with 11 men permanently in their own half, there seems to have been a change in the negative approach they'd adopted. Maybe the owner had a quiet word with Mancini, that this wasn't the kind of football he'd paid millions.

Duderonomy said:

Doc, you must be pleased with the way Suarez is shaping up. Found a decent pub over there yet?

Not seeing too much of our glorious run-in, to be honest. Things are still a bit haphazard over here, but a mate of mine has the German Sky service, which offers a pretty thorough Premiership coverage, so I try and nip round to his and catch up now and again. There's a few "Irish" pubs, the best of which seems to be The Irish Harp near Ku'damm, which is where I saw the Real/Barca game last night. When United played Chelsea the other week, it was full of United fans with Home Counties accents, as well as one forlorn-looking lad with a "Torres 9" Chelsea shirt on. So, not all that different from London, really.

As for us, the thought of ending the season on anything that could be remotely described as a bright note seemed inconceivable six months ago, so I'll happily take 5th with a smile. Suarez has been a delight, and I feel vindicated in my steadfast belief that it was never the players (or at least not all of them) who were solely responsible for our lamentable early showing. It's looking more and more as if Torres had become a real deadweight on the team. I'm sure Chelsea will get more from him next season, assuming they don't send him out on loan to QPR.

Duderonomy said:
    I was thinking the same thing about 'Pool minus St Steven of Me. They actually look a lot better. No doubt Gerrard can play, but he's definitely got something of the moody premadonna about him with age.

I have been saying for seasons that we're a better side when Gerrard isn't playing.

Joe Cole: Blessing or curse?

I got to use a Kurgan line face-to-face with a co-worker yesterday. Things got a little heated and I closed with, "You're a f*cking idiot...

DON'T EVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN."

Oooh the drama.

Please to rep other cinematic verbalisms you have dropped in your day-to-day.

• i drop this with much regularity:

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    does cardiff city still have a chance at getting promoted?

peace, stein. . .

• youngEINSTEIN said:
    does cardiff city still have a chance at getting promoted?

yep, in the play-offs.. Swansea as well......

Not a good season for my boys.. The mighty lillywhites relegated to league one.... Oh to be a glory supporter..

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Cardiff may still get automatic promotion if QPR are docked enough points when that drama finally gets settled.

• Junior said:
    Cardiff may still get automatic promotion if QPR are docked enough points when that drama finally gets settled.

oh yes, I was more concerned with the other end of the table to take much heed of this.. Looks likely according to media reports though seems to hinge around if payments were actually made or just attempted..

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah to be honest I haven't been following it that closely until recently but at the moment definitely looks like some action is going to be taken. Would no doubt be a harsh blow for the players who have battled to get there but can't say I'd shed too many tears for the club itself as the couple of times I've seen them on TV this season their route one style failed to win me over.

• Agreed.. It hasn't been pretty.. You got to feel for Warnock if they do get stung, might be second time he's got the shit end of the stick...

• i was hoping that cardiff would get the automatic promotion spot, with swansea coming up through the playoffs.

a cardiff-swansea playoff final could be interesting...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    "CIA confirms Bin Laden was a Gooner: when forces entered the compound, he was in fact armed, but was afraid to have a shot."