TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I think I'd find it really hard to like Rooney even if he wasn't a former bluenose now playing for United.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Gave up on the fantasy league a few weeks ago, may make a statement and delete myself for good this week. Weekend antics at Upton Park should have left me elated but current dislike of professional footballers is overriding my ability to care about premiership/champion's league at the moment (the soulless Utd V Chelsea CL draw hasn't helped this). Am concerned that I will soon be truly unable to feign interest in professional football leaving an unhealthy gap in my go-to male small talk.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    Following Un*ted can do that to a man.

Too much of a good thing?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    I'd compare it to the instantaneous, cheap satisfaction of a McDonald's; it's pure, greasy shite, but who's to argue with over 1 billion burgers sold? Ferg always delivers at this time of year, credit to the purple-nosed bastard :cheese:

Junior said:
    Too much of a good thing?

A flower needs sunshine and rain to grow.

City are waterlogged...

Duderonomy said:
    I'd compare it to the instantaneous, cheap satisfaction of a McDonald's; it's pure, greasy shite, but who's to argue with over 1 billion burgers sold? Ferg always delivers at this time of year, credit to the purple-nosed bastard :cheese:

Some Sikh dude at work came to deliver my new laptop. I asked him what sites they'd already covered (some are better than others), and he said his favourites were the West Midlands ones because they were closest to home for him (he was from Brum).

Naturally, he was sporting a Un*ted top.

I made sure the lad spent all afternoon making my remote login work before I took it home and wiped it for Windows 7, like I'd always planned.

Dumb question time.
    I've got a megaupload account, and wanted to stick a picture* I've uploaded on here. Either they've changed the way megaupload works (seems to want money for 'hot linking' a file), or I'm stupid. Or both.

* SFW

min.us

J i m s t e r said:
    min.us

Does not compute.

http://min.us/

drag .gif onto webpage

t3h phuturr.

Cool. That is easy, but it looks a bit small.

Anyone name the spot?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    lanky gangly crouch fail

Sucks to be Leonardo this morning.

I'm sure Crouch isn't feeling tip top either.

Ah well. Anyone listened to this DJ Day mix yet?

http://pl70.net/radio/

Tasty.

So Stan Kronke is taking over Arsenal?

I kind of liked the way it was run before. No one individual seemed to have control, but the club was quietly (too quietly maybe) going about it's business. I guess the American is better than the Uzbekistan oligarch Alisher Usmanov. Never liked the look of him.

If he does give Wenger some lolly to spend, would it get spent?
    Oh, Jens Lehman, despite possible penalty gift, still looked better than Almunia ever has. And he's 41. And he's f**king crazy.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    kind of sad the only CL match worth watching will be chelsea united with the winner getting ready to destroy schalke and get to the finals
    4 classicos in 2 weeks will be awesome

ibrahimobitch
    comes back from a 2 match ban and gets more

Part of the ban imposed Monday was due to accumulated cards, as Ibrahimovic was returning from a two-match ban for punching a defender in the stomach last month. That ban was reduced from three to two matches on appeal and Milan said it will also appeal this ban.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    pcmr said:
    destroy schalke
    Quoi?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    This can only mean great things for Arsenal, great things for the PL, and great things for English football in general. (I've been too negative lately, trying to rectify that)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    pcmr said:
    destroy schalke
    Quoi?

Okay maybe i should give farfan'n'em more respect

in any case i really want lebron's liverpool to win v city just now

City sucking donkey balls @ Anfield right now...

Tevez looks like his hamstring has gone.

Like our hopes for finishing top-4.

Taxi for Mancini.

Duderonomy said:
    Anyone listened to this DJ Day mix yet?

Yes. Worth it for that "Sunshine" cover.

I do not know who it is, or what language it's in. But I like it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    pretty sure its the seu jorge-almanaz (stones throw records) cover since it's in brazilian

yep if they play like this without tevez and with an umpteenth starting 11 change( plus bonus balotelli walk out)
    they have no hopes of beating United or Spurs and hence risk finishing 5th with nothing to show for the Mancini experiment
    however i've come to expect roller coaster form from citeh, but that was an uninspired performance if i've ever seen one

Been with City over 20 years but the difference this year is that there is expectation.

I thought top-4 was possible but this was one of the most bitterly disappointing results for some time. Very few positives to take from that performance. There is no confidence there, even coming off a 5-0 last time out. The expectation is misplaced as the side is obviously still a work in progress, too many new faces to integrate in a short space of time and only a handful (sadly, Tevez included) that seem to have any desire.

Rooney-less Un*ted still the best side in this competition and will hoopla a Tevez-less City now their chins are on their chests. Ahhh, there's always next year.

At this point I'd also like to give props to the work of King Kenny. No Torres or Stevie G required. Torres is that new Shevchenko.

Indeed, not the best performance by Citeh really. Also think that, as much as it pains me to do it, will have to give props to Dalgleish for what he's done with the side since he took over. Every fibre in my body wanted him to fail miserably but credit where credit is due.

I still wouldn't write Citeh off in the cup match, obviously the loss of Tevez is a massive bonus for us but I think that with the various fronts we're currently fighting on it's difficult to remain focused for every game and the FA Cup is probably where we may take our eye off the ball a bit. That's assuming that we go through tonight of course and Vidic doesn't get sent off after ten minutes for scything through Torres.

Despite The Guardian's best attempts at creating drama with it's minute by minute updates on the sale I don't think anyone is too blown away by the inevitable take over of Arsenal. Don't really see it changing much apart from perhaps issuing in the end of Wenger's reign in a season or so.

Junior said:
    Don't really see it changing much apart from perhaps issuing in the end of Wenger's reign in a season or so.

Blatant stirring. Not changing much apart from Wenger leaving? Would Utd change much if Ferg left?

It has changed the dynamic of the club. With multiple share-holders, there was less threat of the club being burdened with debt in the same way that some, ahem, other clubs have been. Kroenke is making all of the right noises now, but should his other businesses take a nosedive for some reason, I can't see why he wouldn't begin draining the club.

Interesting times ahead I guess.

BTW, thought Skel might have bitten at the 'nice guy' comment. ;)

Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:
    Don't really see it changing much apart from perhaps issuing in the end of Wenger's reign in a season or so.

Blatant stirring. Not changing much apart from Wenger leaving? Would Utd change much if Ferg left?

It has changed the dynamic of the club. With multiple share-holders, there was less threat of the club being burdened with debt in the same way that some, ahem, other clubs have been. Kroenke is making all of the right noises now, but should his other businesses take a nosedive for some reason, I can't see why he wouldn't begin draining the club.

Interesting times ahead I guess.

BTW, thought Skel might have bitten at the 'nice guy' comment. ;)

Ha it's a slow Tuesday, thought this thread was getting a bit quiet. Surely Arsene's not going to stick round that much longer anyway? All intentional stirring apart?

I'm still not sure if he's going to go the draining route (isn't his wife the daughter of one of the Wal-Mart founders so they can't be too hard up?). Seemed to me more likely that he'll hold it for a few years and then sell on for the right price. Has to better for them than Usmanov buying it anyway. Utterly disgraceful that the PL still hasn't got the same kind of protection in place that most of the other major leagues do regarding ownership of the clubs.

I kept an eye on that thread waiting for Skel to get all up in that motherfucker but he seems truly lost to us now. Perhaps I can entice him with a meet up proposal.

If you give me enough notice (few weeks?) I will be down. And I'll bring along a couple of home-made mix CDs as prezzies.

Excellent, we should make this happen then. I'll have to battle through the general lethargy first but once that's conquered I'll see if we can set something up.