TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Excellent, good to see you're still around St*ve. Sadly I don't think the recent uproar will have any effect on the special new breed of posters. Credit where credit is due, they're so thick skinned that any sort of uproar, insults etc are brushed aside and Raj doesn't seem particularly interested in implementing bannings . Everywhere I go I see Idiocracy slowly becoming the norm.

Yeah I'd be up for something different if people are interested - we can all go to L*o's and mash up Oxford. Happy to volunteer to organise it but if anyone who is actually proactive wants to step up they're more than welcome to.......

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    If the weather is good, then taking a punt out on the river is probably the best fun to be had in Oxford.

I'm still half up for the idea of meeting at one of the VG+ record-nerdfests. Last time I went to one (was quite a while), as well as playing tunes, there was some trade action, and of course plenty of beer.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    VG+ night.... I might swerve that one.
    The ten or so dudes on there (Alan McK and Illmod excepted, natch) seem a tad righteous. Probably end up in a barney.

I may open chez Skel to the masses for a day in August when HID has taken the nippers to Potters for a week.
    I see sunny lazing dans la jardin avec le tins de beer et un buffet of les rolls de saucisson and houmus while L*o dips into the Old Man Record Shed w/ Wizard Ball and spins the eurofunk. Crash on the settees and that, fry up next morning, train back to wherever you came from.

A possibility perhaps.

We need Mokie and Jimster meeting up in this bitch.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    skel said:
    VG+ night.... I might swerve that one.
    The ten or so dudes on there (Alan McK and Illmod excepted, natch) seem a tad righteous. Probably end up in a barney.

I may open chez Skel to the masses for a day in August when HID has taken the nippers to Potters for a week.
    I see sunny lazing dans la jardin avec le tins de beer et un buffet of les rolls de saucisson and houmus while L*o dips into the Old Man Record Shed w/ Wizard Ball and spins the eurofunk. Crash on the settees and that, fry up next morning, train back to wherever you came from.

A possibility perhaps.

We need Mokie and Jimster meeting up in this bitch.

HID permitting, I would be down wid dat. I owe you for a lift out-of-your-way in dense traffic and an optimistically-priced hipster beverage of your choice.

I'm down, although for most of June I'm unavailable due to Exams work.

Did anyone get the ID of that Everybody Loves The Sunshine cover from Mario? ::killin' it::

I'd be down for any chance of seeing the "record shed" and wizard balls (pause?) in real life. Would obviously prefer for all puppets to be taken off site for the occasion though.

Duder you looking for and talking about the one from the DJ Day mix? He's got the tracklist posted on his blog:

Lord Echo ??? Sword Cane

Javelin ??? Tell Me What It Will Be

Cro Magnon ??? The Boxer

The Eliminators ??? Loving Explosion

Major Ernie ??? Pon Di Girls (Bird Peterson Remix)

Ray Camacho & The Teardrops ??? Si Si Puede (LOA Remix)

Toni Tornado - Podes Crer Amizade

A Bossa Eletrica ??? Sob a Luz Do Sol

Fudge Fingas ??? Getting Together

Linear Movement ??? Way Out of Living

Lee Perry ??? Jungle Lion

The Bees ??? Got to Let Go

La Tromba - Calaba Calabao

The Hackney Colliery Band ??? Africa

Super 3 ??? Standing on the Top (DJ Day edit)

Charanga 76 ??? Good Times

Logg - I Know You Will (JM After-Session M&M Mix)

Darryl Douglas Inc.- Holding On

Levek ??? Look On the Bright Side

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I still think Wojciech Szczesny will be a great keeper
    Ars??ne looked madder than i have ever seen him
    So glad we lent sturridge to bolton
    Torres breaks the drought with help from the rain
    Spurs and united to go!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    pcmr said:
    I still think Wojciech Szczesny will be a great keeper - agree
    Ars??ne looked madder than i have ever seen him - or sadder, AW was looking like the people who see their homes about to be captured in forest fires. they know its happening, cant stop it and have to just watch it destroyed.
    So glad we lent sturridge to bolton - Owen Coyle is looking like the new David Moyes with respect to getting good results with only limited funds
    Torres breaks the drought with help from the rain - such a shame, only CFC falling out of CL would have been more poetic justice.
    Spurs and united to go!- 1-4 = utd/chlski/arsnl/citeh

I'd really like to see Wenger strengthen the squad. And I'd like to see them win something. Seems like ever since the Carling Cup final/Barcelona defeats, the squad has not been interested.

b/w

b/w

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Footba! It's on today!

b/w

Look at these stupid Americans:
    Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores Selling Kinder Eggs

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Seems like ever since the Carling Cup final/Barcelona defeats, the squad has not been interested.

All-star B-team. It's been longer than a few months though...

Yes. Arsenal are currently teh suck.

This kinder eggs thing reminds me of how annoying it is that they put holes in plastic bags... probably because of some American kid. SMH.

Or, it's an attempt to stop European sweets from infiltrating the sheisty American candy racket.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Neueur was incredible Munich are lucky to steal him away
    ManU are looking dangerous in the finals

• pcmr said:
    ManU are looking dangerous in the finals

I think they were flattered by Schalke, just as Schalke were flattered by Inter. United will lose to Real or Barcelona.

Hopefully City can do them in the cup, too. A bonus would be Cardiff and Swansea going up - would be good to see two Welsh sides in the top flight.

But I'm looking forward to the end of this season; since the beginning of March it has been an ordeal to watch Arsenal.

Oh, and a shameless plug: I'll be playing a few records at Three Blind Mice next Friday if anyone's in London and facies dropping in. Will probably be playing some brazilian, jazz, a bit of krautrock, some early electro and maybe some low tempo disco...

What are Arsenal going to do? Have read a few articles in papers that all suggest that if this team was going to win the league, then this would have been the season to do it, and I have to agree. Maybe if we hadn't lost to Barca & Birmingham things would be different, but I'm not so sure.

neil_something said:

Oh, and a shameless plug: I'll be playing a few records at Three Blind Mice next Friday if anyone's in London and fancies dropping in. Will probably be playing some brazilian, jazz, a bit of krautrock, some early electro and maybe some low tempo disco...

Don't the VG+/Vinyl Vultures have their get-together there?
    Would drop by if I was a Londoner.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    What are Arsenal going to do?

I have felt the same about this for a while - they need a deeper squad. Once key players are out for more than a couple of weeks, the momentum drops. Cesc will generate some cash but Stan Krankie will need to put his hand in his deep pocket and BUY. Let's hope he hasn't got short arms.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    What are Arsenal going to do? Have read a few articles in papers that all suggest that if this team was going to win the league, then this would have been the season to do it, and I have to agree. Maybe if we hadn't lost to Barca & Birmingham things would be different, but I'm not so sure.

media kinda has selective memory though, i am sure they were several that pegged Arsenal to fall to 4th place (or worse) in pre-season polls as well.

with that said, with the capitulation of Chelsea and Utd's bland (yet effective) performance this year, I too would argue that this season had presented Arsenal with the best of chances that they had in a long time. In the end, I suspect the Carling Cup defeat really did do them in (b/w why does B'ham always seem to throw this team off the tracks, re: Eduardo and Carling Cup).

I would be shocked if AW and Kroenke spent Andy Carrol type of money this summer, but I think AW may have turned the page (finally) on getting top talent as needed instead of relying solely on youth or bargain deals (eg Chamahk). But with that said, I would be most happy with securing a contract extension for Nasri this summer and perhaps getting rid of some under performing 2nd team players that aren't really pushing the first team hard enough.

• jlee said:
    Duderonomy said:

media kinda has selective memory though, i am sure they were several that pegged Arsenal to fall to 4th place (or worse) in pre-season polls as well.

When Man City were bought I remember all the pre-season graphics on Sky showing United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City as the new top four...

And Arsenal should have won in 2007-08.

Wenger should consider

OUT:
    Diaby - injury prone, never seen a consistent run of good performances from him really
    Clichy - regular lapses of concentration, gives very little on the overlap
    Denilson - is he still captaining the Brasilian youth team?
    Bendtner - how many chances does he need to score goals?
    Eboue - unless he can lose some weight/get back some old form/confidence, he's one utility player too many
    Arshavin - statistics say he's had a good season, primarily in assists... problem is, his laziness has probably given the opposition more assists than any other Arsenal player too
    Squilachi - file next to Pascal Cygan. OK, maybe not that bad, but no other team in the Prem would be interested in him - would they?
    Almunia - for the love of God Almighty, please, fucking please GET RID

IN:
    A proper destroyer - still not convinced that Song is anything more than a CB floating around in midfield. He's good, but not good enough as wee Jack Wilshire already looks better in that role, and he spent most of his short career playing as a fancy-dan right winger in the Alan Johnson mold
    Two shit-hot strikers - Arsenal create the chances but frequently lack the finish. Where would we be with a Tevez or two greedily running about and banging shots in on goal?

• I'd agree with all of that and would definitely include Song. He ranks alongside Diaby and Denilson as future prospects that never got any better in my opinion.
    Rosicky would be there too - injuries aside, he doesn't cut it either.

Can't see Wenger making changes that big at once so it would happen over the course of two seasons.
    IF he admit a lot of the players he kept faith in haven't made it.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    I'd agree with all of that and would definitely include Song. He ranks alongside Diaby and Denilson as future prospects that never got any better in my opinion.
    Rosicky would be there too - injuries aside, he doesn't cut it either.

Can't see Wenger making changes that big at once so it would happen over the course of two seasons.
    IF he admit a lot of the players he kept faith in haven't made it.

Diaby and Song are going nowhere. Diaby has (very occasional) flashes of brilliance and i think he is one of AW's pet projects. Song (and a few others) fall under the "home grown rule" so I think Wenger needs them there at least in the short term to hit quota (and to possibly come good).

Ideally, if he were to "clean house" this summer, I think Rosicky & Bendtner (and maybe Clichey) are most likely to go. Not sure Denilson has enough suitors that would pay his wages, where as Rosicky I think is on a smaller wage bill and Bendtner has some teams that really seem to want him. Clichey might actually also get a descent bid, although I still have some faith that he is good enough for the team.

but wages (as one Arsenal Blog noted yesterday) are going to be a big problem. Arsenal pays many of their young players A LOT of money to effectively be pretty average for their age/ability. Whereas some young players would jump at the chance to move to another team/league to get more playing time, Arsenal pays these kids way more than most other clubs can afford for what is essentially a better-than-average player. So you kinda get stuck with these young kids at say 30-40K per week that ,while not making Rooney money, can't easily be offloaded to say a Schalke/Porto/Fulham type of squad.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    WE THE BEST!!!

Spanish football, what a disgrace. I enjoyed Mou's rant, he's befitting of Fergie's mantelpiece.

Paul said:
    WE THE BEST!!!

Spanish football, what a disgrace. I enjoyed Mou's rant, he's befitting of Fergie's mantelpiece.

Lucky United played on Tuesday to show people what European football should look like.

Messi apart Barca have not covered themselves in glory this Euro campaign. I see absolutely no reason why we couldn't beat them in the final and surely there must be a few neutrals eager to see the diving, wailing, cheats get some comeuppance.

WE THE BEST!

If Vidic, Nani (that's if he plays) and Rooney can stay red card free, we got a chance.

It's only one match.

Indeed, after all, inter did it last year and we're a better team than them. Plus who knows what could happen with suspensions and injuries in the return leg of the el classico.

As long as Fergie makes the right choice of tactics this time and we avoid injuries I have faith.

• i support man utd but also think lionel messi is the best player in football. needless to say cannot wait.
    peace, stein. . .

Excellent Stein, good to know, we're in the minority among the Gooners round here (please be gentle with us on Sunday).

Without counting chickens, it looks like game on. Messi is godlike/FIFA 11 at the moment but I've seen him have off days before so who knows how it'll play out this time round.

All in all I'm expecting a far more entertaining and balanced match than two years ago (the lack of Ronaldo stropping round the pitch should help).

Arsenal will struggle to win the Emirates Cup, let alone beat us on the weekend!

;-)

Ha! I'm more concerned about them attempting to show their steel edge again by scything through some of our players. If they touch a single hair on my boy Park's head I'm heading to north London and cracking skulls.

• as far as i'm concerned the gooners gave up on the premiership by failing to score against blackburn 3 weeks ago and will get smacked on sunday.

peace, stein. . .