TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yeah, poor lad was mad at his dad at the time, picked the mother country for that reason I think. Oh, and then I suppose everyone was talking about how utterly impossible it would be to get regular England spots in the 90s. LOL

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,902 Posts
    he was never eligible for the full England team (eligibility at the schoolboy level depends solely upon the location of the school, in Giggs' case Moorside High School in Salford).

I am kwoating Wiki, the source of all 100% truths, mind.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I always understood it to be parent related so I'm happy to take that particular wikifact as a bold faced lie.

I can understand Smith's frustration at this turn of events, it's pretty obvious that Rangers are good enough to hold down a mid table position in League One without too much strife..

Srs doe, the Scots still hate the English with a passion. Glasgow and Edinburgh are great but once you get into the sticks, it's like the f*cking League of Gentlemen. I've been refused service from a few places for being English and whilst I won't tar all sweaties with the same brush (being of sweaty descent myself), it's something that sticks in my f*cking craw real bad and I can't see happening in the other direction. Printing dey own funny money (which technically isn't even legal tender IN SCOTLAND), own parliament, snapping the crossbar at Wembley, Jessie Rae putting IMPORT stickers on his 12"s... and now someone suggests we acquaint ourselves with the M74?

Compton treatment, a la Tim Dogg.

My Pa's been south of the border now for 40 plus years but would probably try and rip the throat out of anyone who suggested to him that he wasn't still a Scot through and through.
    I think it's healthy to have a bit of loathing for thy neighbours anyway and all up for some rivalry and a friendly dose of murderous hate. Plus, to be fair, they don't really have a lot else to focus on really do they.

On a more balanced note I've seen enough Northerners ripped round my way never mind Scots to indicate that it's not always a particularly welcoming place this side either.

FF quandry... Charlie Adam or Yaya this weekend? He's been Leonine all season, but cant' see Adam being allowed much in Salford.

Shamed as I am to say, I actually handed over my FF account to my young nephew couple of months ago so am now officially out of the game. As pathetic as this was it seemed like the best way of actually stopping playing rather than the inevitable Godfather III moment I have every season. While I'll no doubt be tempted again next year I must confess to really appreciating no longer having facts and figures at hand over substitute appearance for West Brom's second string or the latest recovery information on cheap defenders.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
    I stopped playing a long time ago as I didn't have time.

I think I'd like to forward a motion to do the fantasy league next year but with no substitutions.
    All season.

Don't have time for the weekly tinkering, and would take even more joy/woe in player injuries. I'd feel more attached to my squad. It would be more real.

And I'd probably not pick any Arsenal players as they're bound to get injured for substantial parts of the season.

SportCasual said:
    Also, no Rave Rapz Rewinds of I Wanna Give You Devotion.

Credit to the teams battling relegation for adding some much needed drama to the end of the season after we walked the league title.

Feel sorry to see Holloway go but to be fair United were doing their best to keep them in with a shout (think Nani missed about five sitters by himself). However when you start scoring against yourself there's very little that even the most generous opposition can do. No tears for Birmingham but would have loved to see Blackburn complete the trio.

Shame to see Blackpool go but it was going to be a big ask to get more than 0 points @ Salford. Charlie Adam to move on? LFC rumoured to be favourites (is that because the player>gaffer accent barrier is minimal?). I am sure Blackpool will be made an offer they cannot refuse. Apparently 32 points was enough for safety last year, WHU already had 33 before the weekend and were condemned. I guess "Easy" games are becoming raerer.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    thank fuck it's over.

The tail-end of this season has been a bit

• Okem said:
    thank fuck it's over.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    THE CHAMP IS HERE.

:killin_it:

Paul said:
    THE CHAMP IS HERE.

:killin_it:

There's a superinjunction after you!

Premiership footballer to sue the internet LOLs.

After much speculation that he was going to put out a weakened side against Blackpool, Sir Alex Ferguson tonight submitted the following team sheet:
    1. Edwin Van der Sar

3. Patrice Evra

6. Wes Brown

12. Chris Smalling

23. Jonny Evans

24. Darren Fletcher

18. Paul Scholes

11. Top Flight Premiership Footballer

8. Anderson

13. Ji Sung Park

9. Dimitar Berbatov

Well done on the FF though.

http://soundcloud.com/mr-scruff/london-koko-may2011

To download this set (for a limited time only) go to http://www.mrscruff.com, click on 'download code' & enter the code 'SCkoko'

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    yet more lurid brit-aimed self promotion from moi - got a BNJMN remix up for free download on FACT mag for you fellas.

http://www.factmag.com/2011/05/23/download-bnjmn-remixes-mr-beatnick/

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    yet more lurid brit-aimed self promotion from moi - got a BNJMN remix up for free download on FACT mag for you fellas.

Beatnik revealed! I'll see your Dave Gorman and raise you a Giles Peterson.

Cheers bro, I got the feeling most people had given up a long time ago.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Considering how bleak the outlook was less than six months ago, our failure to qualify for Europe has actually filled me with optimism. Fiercer competition for first-team places will mean no room for passengers, and the squad is less likely to be losing key players to injury due to having seven shades of shit kicked out of them away to Real Zaragoza. We'll be able to say we're concentrating on the League and actually mean it. Therefore I would like to thank Fernando Torres for proving that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, Lucas Leiva and Maxi Rodriguez for maintaining their dignity and becoming LFC's most improved (and in LL's case, best) players of the season, and Kenny Dalglish for proving that it's possible to come within a whisker of a Europa League place with a team made up almost entirely of "shite".

If you want a good laugh check our hilariously inaccurate pre-season predictions

To be fair I withdrew my Villa mindgarden top 4 finish as soon as MON quit.

• Ulysses31nicholas said:

is soundcloud down or something...? tried to download this earlier today with no luck, now the site seems to be fucked...

did have a quick listen to the ep via kudos though - very nice.

They are funny. I really thought Man U would go down this season...

Duderonomy said:
    PL Winner: Man Citeh

PL top 4: Citeh, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham

Relegated: Man U, Wigan

Surprise team: Blackpool if they stay up

Top Scorer: Drogbreath

Surprise player: Kakuta

Biggest flop: could be Hodgson

First manager to get sacked: is Sven coming back to the Prem?

CL winner: ARSENAL!

La Liga winner: Barca

Serie A winner: Inter Milan

Hodgson was pretty bad though.

Sacking Ancelotti? Chelsea head(s) speak upon it. Seems a bit harsh imo. If they'd kept Ray Wilkins, could all be very different.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    cheers neil! yeah maybe its shagged i dunno... every soundcloud has a silver lining. thanks a lot for checkin. and big up duder too. i was once on a plane with dave gorman. i didn't realllly like him.

Congrats Nick, nice little write up you got there as well. Will give a listen to the whole release when I get the chance.

Interesting reading those pre season bets, funny how much things change in less than a year. Surprisingly accurate predictions on many people's parts of the teams to go down. Don't think anyone would have predicted Blackpool rising so high first before falling back down though.

Paul said:

^^^ future Arsenal player for sure.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the blackpool on goal was devastating
    giggs seems like one of the only dudes capable of withstanding this contreversy

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Ha ha ha!