i wish wiganwestham would have drawn
    who do you support in the relegation dog fight
    go blackpool go wolves!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    1 FA Cup.
    Biggest Floodlights.
    Longest owner name.

These are indeed all indisputable Facts.

I have no time to concern myself with looking down on the trials and tribulations of the relegation battlers from my [strike]porcelain[/strike] champion's throne.

However the league would be a slightly sadder place without Holloway in it and would be nice to see them get a second season out of it before it went horribly wrong. Despite protestations I think Blackpool may have a battle on their hands as Utd are going to be full of players looking for a spot on the CL Final bench as well as defending that season home record, a motivation many of the other teams playing will no longer have.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    Blackpool and Wolves deserve another 38 games - they have taken good scalps and have, by all accounts, played to their strengths all season regardless of the opposition. A nobile and iconoclast standpoint which I applaud. McCarthy always has a gallows humour about him. Holloway a welcome alternative to that permatanned Hull wideboy.

I think I mentioned this last season, but there's one theory which appears key for less financially blessed sides: No team can be in peak physical condition for 38 games. Therefore, start the season in peak shape, and grab a few shock 3 pointers early on against "Bigger" sides who are planning on peaking for CL runs after Xmas. Then hang on for grim death.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Goals against and even more so goals for make wolves and pool deserving as well
    most entertaining managers as well..i truly hope the stars align but Untd will be tough one

• Sad to say, but since March Arsenal have taken bottling it to a whole new level. I believe this is the worst season of the Wenger era.

Big changes in the summer, please.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Duder, a mate just asked me if I need a ticket. I'll lend you a fishing hat and brightly colored fleece top and you can go in my place yeah?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    neil_something said:
    Sad to say, but since March Arsenal have taken bottling it to a whole new level. I believe this is the worst season of the Wenger era.

Big changes in the summer, please.

3 wins since the Carling Cup defeat. Thank god there aren't many more games as I could easily see Arsenal falling out of the CL if there were more than 1 game remaining.

I was at the Gooners pub in NYC on Sunday and had to feel bad for the nice couple that knowingly bought tickets a few months ago to the Fulham match next week but unknowingly bought tickets to see an Arsenal team that looks nothing like they did when purchased.

Wenger couldn't even look at people in the stands during the "lap of appreciation". God can only hope that his science project is about to end this summer. Perhaps its time to face up to the sad fact that money is the only way to succeed in the current environment.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Belated congrats to Jimster and all Ciddy fans. What with you winning something at last, and United finally "knocking Liverpool off their perch" after a mere 25 years, it's been a truly great footballing week for both Manchester and the Home Counties.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    Would be nice to nick 3rd. Let's face it, the Prem podium from about '95 has been some permutation of Un*ted, Chelski, Arsenal and LFC. And has been proven, recently only two of those squads have had the depth to trouble Europe AND clinch the prem.

City are nowhere near the finished article. They have still choked in the kind of games Un*ted win in Fergie time. Not sure about Mancini. He can motivate them in broken English to a point, but you sense they can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like the good old Keegan & Pearce days. Whereas, the current champions HATE to lose. But there is more belief and confidence stemming from the players who never knew the bad times. It will hopefully come to fruition in a couple of seasons.

Props to Baconface, despite CR7 moving on, and his back 4 not being at full strength for long stretches, he's re-engineered the focus of the team and proved himself to be the best in the business. As it's unlikely he will be assuming the same role at City, the only option left to the Blues (or anyone else) is to buy players that can produce goals regardless of managerial savvy.

This approach is also known outside of Salford as "Ruining Football".

CL Final... I usually cheer on any British side in a CL match, but this is going to be stretching it. The crystal ball is cloudy but I see Park scoring and lot of diving from Barca. 2-1 to the donkey crushers.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    tevez the little bull is supposedly staying now and had a stupendous brace...
    i used to hatt but david silva,yaya,kompany and carlos and the keeper as well as the thorn in untd side makes me respect this club more recently

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    Duder, a mate just asked me if I need a ticket. I'll lend you a fishing hat and brightly colored fleece top and you can go in my place yeah?

Hahaha. I was listening to DJ Keiran at the Venue when I did my first E. MC Osprey? The dude is a tubby middle-aged bloke who plays acoustic guitar at open mic nights these days, didn't realise he used to be a cheesey quaver.
    Music in that vid sounds terrible doe. Sure it was better BITD.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Music in that vid sounds terrible doe. Sure it was better BITD.

Yeah not very promising and I certainly don't want to hear any classics from the intervening period. Also, no Rave Rapz Rewinds of I Wanna Give You Devotion.

HOWEVER! I did recently pick up this one that may be on that aforementioned tape you have (if it's the same one I have). And it is the business.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Who won the Cardiff v. Swansea match, pop?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Swansea will play Reading (pronounced Redding) who beat Cardiff at the weekend.

Swansea are 7/4 favorites to win and get promoted to the ENGLISH Premier League. Some people are grumbling about that.

SportCasual said:
    Swansea will play Reading (pronounced Redding) who beat Cardiff at the weekend.

Swansea are 7/4 favorites to win and get promoted to the ENGLISH Premier League. Some people are grumbling about that.

Bummer. I was all for Cardiff.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Who exactly is grumbling about this?
    I haven't been aware of it.
    The Welsh don't really show up on the hate-dar like, say, your Scots or French do.

I saw both Welsh teams against mine in the last few months.

We battered Cardiff, who were all reputations and 'we only have to turn up'. Bellamy was LOLable. In fairness to Cardiff, they may have been affected by the sight of a celebrating fan falling 30 feet from the top tier into a bank of hard plastic empty seats below, and who lay prone for a good half hour while an army of paramedics did their stuff. One of the most stomach-churning incidents I've ever seen at a sports event.

Swansea on the other hand looked like world beaters and ripped us to shreds. Some star players in that team.

Fuck a Reading.

• skel said:
    Swansea on the other hand looked like world beaters and ripped us to shreds. Some star players in that team.

On their current form, they definitely deserve to go up (I can't help but think they may have made it up a season or so back if Mart??nez hadn't left for Wigan).

Anyway, I hope Reading choke since I'm looking forward to seeing a Welsh team in the premiership. Plus I'm sure teams and fans will enjoy visiting the seaside (Swansea is far nicer than Blackpool).

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    skel said:
    Walter Smith had a bit of an eyeroll

• SportCasual said:
    skel said:
    Walter Smith had a bit of an eyeroll

Coming from someone involved in the Scottish league makes it a bit redundant...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    He was all "A cudda bin a contendurrrrr"

Since Scotland are heading for independence, it makes sense for them to have their teams and league ring-fenced. They brook no interference from England. So, fuck 'em. In the nicest possible way, naturally.

Wales, being a principality rather than a free-standing nation of course seeks to join in the institutions of the senior partner.

Don't they, Neil.

::

• beth bynnag

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Ouch! And ha ha look at your Prince!

So why couldn't Giggsy Wiggsy have played for England as well then? 98 could have been quite different.

He did play for England.
    Then he got tapped up and made a decision that no doubt he reflects upon with a mixture of pride and regret.