***Blog here***

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Been snapping a lot more in areas of the city I don't really frequent much at night such as Downtown, Chinatown & North Beach

• Those pics are great! I love this city.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Is that absinthe in those glasses?

• Been snapping a lot more in areas of the city I don't really frequent much at night such as Downtown, Chinatown & North Beach

Beautiful pics! Is that SF? That's where I am this week....
    Anything fun going on?

I'm listening to Democracy Now, attempting to switch out coffee for tea, which totally sucks, have cut out dairy, fruit, bread and carbs, and am eating soaked almonds for breakfast....body ecology...fun times....

• ^^
    vagina times. try cran aid tea my wife says that is how she prevents UTI's.
    and the raw food thing works too.

In unhealthy food news I have been eating a lot of cheese. I ate a whole thing of Boucheron goat last night, anyone tried that??? damn, shit is good, it's so addictive.

Jaysus, those are Irish coffees in those glasses.

Anything fun going on?

Thanks, yes it is SF. Lots of fun stuff going on this weekend. There's Serg's Face Down Ass Up party on Saturday. Dave Nada, this guy: and Bo Bliz are doing it. You can get cheap $5 pre-sale tix here http://beerandrap.com/FaceDownAssUp/ Come through!

There is also the Look Out Weekend happy hour Friday from 4-9pm at 111 Minna
    http://www.111minnagallery.com/2008/12/look-out-weekend-fridays-3/

• ^^

In unhealthy food news I have been eating a lot of cheese. I ate a whole thing of Boucheron goat last night, anyone tried that??? damn, shit is good, it's so addictive.

I don't have a UTI, I'm trying to reset the alkaline/acid content of my blood....so I don't get cancer or pimples...not all internal cleanses are for the vagina

• Jaysus, those are Irish coffees in those glasses.

Anything fun going on?

Thanks, yes it is SF. Lots of fun stuff going on this weekend. There's Serg's Face Down Ass Up party on Saturday. Dave Nada, this guy: and Bo Bliz are doing it. You can get cheap $5 pre-sale tix here http://beerandrap.com/FaceDownAssUp/ Come through!

There is also the Look Out Weekend happy hour Friday from 4-9pm at 111 Minna
    http://www.111minnagallery.com/2008/12/look-out-weekend-fridays-3/

Awesome! Thanks Edith, will def try to make it to these. Are you an Edith Head fan? Are you a costume designer too? : )

• ^^

I don't have a UTI, I'm trying to reset the alkaline/acid content of my blood....so I don't get cancer or pimples...not all internal cleanses are for the vagina

my bad, i was just trying to offer some thoughts from our home to yours. ph cleanse is good this time of year preparing for spring! best of luck

• ^^

my bad, i was just trying to offer some thoughts from our home to yours. ph cleanse is good this time of year preparing for spring! best of luck

And also, its not creepy because he's married

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

this pic looks unreal. If I was a batman freak, I would like to hang out on the top of those buildings

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I saw The State perform over the weekend. First time in 14 years. Man, they haven't missed a beat. Saw two performances, a Q&A before a screening of Wet Hot American Summer, a retrospective the next day and a performance of the Showalter, Ian Black and David Wain group Stella.

Awesome! Thanks Edith, will def try to make it to these. Are you an Edith Head fan? Are you a costume designer too? : )

Not a designer, just a fan. It's me Ms_Damn from BITD. Hello

• It's currently 43.5 degree celsius/ 110.5 fahrenheit!! Was the same yesterday and will be like this til sunday!!
    I burnt my hands on my steering wheel, my face with my big aluminium earings and my foot where there's a hole in my dunlops just getting from my house to the car!!

literally!!haha!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Those pics are great! I love this city.

• Awesome! Thanks Edith, will def try to make it to these. Are you an Edith Head fan? Are you a costume designer too? : )

Not a designer, just a fan. It's me Ms_Damn from BITD. Hello

Ms. Dammn!!! Oh no shit, hi! How's it goin? yeah, I totally remember you from BITD. Good to know you haven't escaped the Strut either!! LOL.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I can't explain why but I geek out everytime Google releases a new product feature. They just launched Gmail Offline.

• just had an amazing sandwich...one of my faves from the deli down the street...a fino...salami, provelone, black olive/onion relish on a huge crusty roll...so good.
    Had a ginger ale with it. Now im sleepy and dont wanna work.

• Options
    I received a rejection notice earlier today for 3 separate grant applications - 2 to major oil companies.

Walked my dog after work, listened to some old jazz records and downloaded some iphone apps.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    They've installed those new Dyson Airblade handryers in the toilets in our office building and, as with most Dyson products, I can't say I'm convinced.

If I wanted to be dried in an air tunnel I'm sure I could arrange it but after I've drained the lizard and cleansed I just want a quick blast of lukewarm air from a tube not some kind of industrial vacuum that I;m meant to trustingly stick my hands in.

Do not want.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I was trying to avoid doing some work the other day, so I began a rubber band ball. It's surprisingly time consuming.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Congratulations Oregon for making weed that smells so strong I can't even store it near the front of my apt as it stinks up the hallway.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    My car has no back window. I drive around with a 4" snowdrift in the back.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Dyson

Like Branson but 110% more of a cunt.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    They've installed those new Dyson Airblade handryers in the toilets in our office building and, as with most Dyson products, I can't say I'm convinced.

If I wanted to be dried in an air tunnel I'm sure I could arrange it but after I've drained the lizard and cleansed I just want a quick blast of lukewarm air from a tube not some kind of industrial vacuum that I;m meant to trustingly stick my hands in.

Do not want.

Those things look so f*cking cool on TV that I couldn't wait to try one.

I got the chance while out somewhere that I can't recall. You have to move your hands real slow and in the right way and shit. I was in a bit of a hurry so I was kind of annoyed. I ended up having to run my hands through the thing like three times.

Needless to say I was underwhelmed.

Do not want.

Those things look so f*cking cool on TV that I couldn't wait to try one.

I got the chance while out somewhere that I can't recall. You have to move your hands real slow and in the right way and shit. I was in a bit of a hurry so I was kind of annoyed. I ended up having to run my hands through the thing like three times.

Needless to say I was underwhelmed.

Yep in a nutshell. When they start up the amount of noise convinced me that they were so powerful the skin was going to get sucked off my hands. When I took them out ten seconds later and found them to be mildly dry I was somewhat less than impressed.

The blogging continues.....

Foolishly left my decent headphones at work yesterday so on way in today used an old cheap in-ear pair. Removed one just before work and discovered that the rubber earpiece had come off and was now sitting in my ear drum. I quickly tried to dig it out but my clumsy man hands only drove the rubber further inside my ear. Deciding that the best course of action was to soldier on I got into work and spent the next five minutes trying to dig it out all the while feeling the cold sweat panic building up as I envisaged having to excuse myself from work while I headed off to A&E. The blockage in my ear was also throwing off my balance (never knew that was so true) and making me even more unnerved.

Deciding I had no choice I took myself and a paper clip into the dyson toilets and then sat in the cubicle working the rubber out with the end of the clip. I now feel relieved and exhausted.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Paper towels > Dyson, all day.

Cheap headphones are dangerous. But you can get decent Sony MDR-EX71LPs for less than twenty notes now. They were ??50 when they came out in 2001 - I know, I used a pair every day for 6 years. Went to Shure SE210s last Christmas. Difference is marginal in sound to be honest.

Still use the Sony's on the bike.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I'm familiar with the slang term "cropdusting," which means to fart while you're walking past someone, thus draping them with the aroma, but I'm wondering if there's a term for farting in an elevator and then stepping off.

I think we should create one.

I bring this up because I tend to get the urge on my way to work, and I'm usually alone going up the elevator in the morning. Often I'll let one go in there and then get off and go about my day. It probably dissipates by the time someone else gets on, but if doesn't, it's going to hit somebody.

Is that "leaving a lift gift?" At first I was thinking of calling it a "claymore." Sort of like a booby trap.

There should also be a term for farting in a crowded (or at least occupied) elevator and then bouncing, leaving helpless victims to deal with your stench. Thoughts?

Paper towels > Dyson, all day.

Amen to that - unfortunately paper towels are off the agenda thanks to previous incidents you can read about here:

Cheap headphones are dangerous. But you can get decent Sony MDR-EX71LPs for less than twenty notes now. They were ??50 when they came out in 2001 - I know, I used a pair every day for 6 years. Went to Shure SE210s last Christmas. Difference is marginal in sound to be honest.

Still use the Sony's on the bike.

Yeah I've got a pair of Sennheiser which seem to do the job nicely, noticeably richer sound that highlights the poor quality of many of my rips beautifully. Very comfortable though and no complaints. The cheap pair were, whisper it, skullcandy ones i picked up for a fiver when my sony pair broke a year or so ago. I quickly replaced them with the Sennheiser but it appears they got their revenge in the end.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I have achilles tendonitis now. These cold gel things are my new best friends