***Blog here***

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Blew off my job's X-Mass Party at the Four Seasons....b, 21b, 21All u can eat and drink w/ old Caucasoids dancin' to Bad Disco,Big 80's,Classic rock, and MC Hammer.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    img src="http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/uploaded_images/Wheatstalks3-718719.jpg"1b, 21b1You sir, don't like to party!/b1

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Over the last few months, on spare weekend hours, I've been teaching a couple of Nigerian chaps the rudiments of playing guitar. Big shout out to messrs Ikolodo and Soboyejo.b, 21Their aim? To be able to play Neil Young 'My My Hey Hey' & 'Cinnamon Girl', and a couple of Bob Dylan songs.b, 21b, 21Naturally I refused the Dylan, whilst embracing the Young.b, 21b, 21Once mastered, I have demanded we move on to 40 minute jams of 'Roforofo Fight'.b, 21They to play rhythm parts and foot tapping, with me in full Satriani mode, fully armed with phaser, flange, Big Muff and Boss pitch shifter, giving it large and f*cking chunky with the Jimi Clapton-Page solo face.b, 21b, 21Not sure they are fully convinced that this represents the practice they are seeking, but, you know, it's not like I'm charging them for the lessons.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Day hasn't started well. Somehow interfaced my car with rear corner of another car who wasn't completely au fait with the dodgem-car etiquette of the daily commute. Ah, the dulcet tones of plastic on plastic.b, 21b, 21Stricklee cosmetic stripes, but no doubt his claim will be 5 digits and rolling.b, 21b, 21Works Christmas do tonight. Come to think of it, last time I totalled a car was on the works Christmas do in 1997. I have done a BATMON by opting out and organising a curry for the rest of us contractor scum.b, 21b, 21I'll be f*cking walking to that.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Blew off my job's X-Mass Party at the Four Seasons....
    b, 21
    b, 21All u can eat and drink w/ old Caucasoids dancin' to Bad Disco,Big 80's,Classic rock, and MC Hammer.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21See I like the Four Seasons, nice place, classic, but I hear you on the old dudes. My X-mas party is at O'Flannagans (one of the millions), and I'm expected to at least show my face. I appreciate them not doing it on a Friday, but still, I can pass on the chicken strips, vegetables with dip, and bad white people dancing. I'd go for the spectacle, but these are all respectable doctors and no one is getting lose.b, 21b, 21b, 21On a whole other note why can't I get a reservation at Momofuko Ko?! Everyday I'm on the site at 10:00 on the dot, I click on the green check mark and not once have I gotten it. Here I am trying to get my gourmet on and surprise the wife for x-mas with seats for the motherfucker but nothing. This reservation system sucks.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Momofuko Ko
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21This sounds like the sort of thing someone would say if they unexpectedly jizzed in their pants in the middle of a sentence.b, 21b, 21"I was coming out of the Hot Topic at the *shudder* momofuko...ko[/b] *shudder*...mall.......excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom."

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Momofuko Ko
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21This sounds like the sort of thing someone would say if they unexpectedly jizzed in their pants in the middle of a sentence.
    b, 21
    b, 21"I was coming out of the Hot Topic at the
    *shudder* momofuko...ko[/b] *shudder*...mall.......excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Turtles make that 'ko' sound when they're f*cking. There's a Friday fact for ya.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Momofuko Ko
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21This sounds like the sort of thing someone would say if they unexpectedly jizzed in their pants in the middle of a sentence.
    b, 21
    b, 21"I was coming out of the Hot Topic at the
    *shudder* momofuko...ko[/b] *shudder*...mall.......excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21"I bought baggy black pants with lots of zippers and a Slipknot shirt and then I Jizzed...In...."

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21"I bought baggy black pants with lots of zippers and a Slipknot shirt and then I Jizzed...In...."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sscg.gif" alt="" 21

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Has there ever been a GOOD Christmas episode of any show?
    b, 21
    b, 21Tonight's
    30 Rock and The Office had some laughs, but were too depressing to look at more than once. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Until last night's episode I thought The Office had a pretty good track record, The Secret Santa/Yankee Swap episode from season 2 and the Benihana Christmas episode from season 3 were both solid.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I went to the Chung King Xmas party last night to drink G&Ts out of plastic cups and listen to Flash making sure the people were down with O.P.P. Complete opposite of last year's when they had Diplo. Next time I think they need a raer room.b, 21 all other episodes of Friends combined. But I'm not an expert.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21On a whole other note why can't I get a reservation at Momofuko Ko?! Everyday I'm on the site at 10:00 on the dot, I click on the green check mark and not once have I gotten it. Here I am trying to get my gourmet on and surprise the wife for x-mas with seats for the motherfucker but nothing. This reservation system sucks.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I know of at least one restaurant in NYC that if you call and ask for a reservation for yourself and Benjamin Franklin you will get in every time.b, 21b, 21Of course it's gonna cost you an extra $100.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21On a whole other note why can't I get a reservation at Momofuko Ko?! Everyday I'm on the site at 10:00 on the dot, I click on the green check mark and not once have I gotten it. Here I am trying to get my gourmet on and surprise the wife for x-mas with seats for the motherfucker but nothing. This reservation system sucks.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I know of at least one restaurant in NYC that if you call and ask for a reservation for yourself and Benjamin Franklin you will get in every time.
    b, 21
    b, 21Of course it's gonna cost you an extra $100.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Rao's?b, 21b, 21Websites are popping up here that you can buy a reservation from, some are like stubhub, other just make reservations and sell them. b, 21This Momofuko place, to avoid all that, has their own website that opens up reservations at 10:00am for seven days in advance. Five seconds after 10 all the reservations are taken. I've been on at 10:00 everyday for the past three weeks and nothing yet.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I know of at least one restaurant in NYC that if you call and ask for a reservation for yourself and Benjamin Franklin you will get in every time.
    b, 21
    b, 21Of course it's gonna cost you an extra $100.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Rao's?
    b, 21
    b, 21Websites are popping up here that you can buy a reservation from, some are like stubhub, other just make reservations and sell them.
    b, 21This Momofuko place, to avoid all that, has their own website that opens up reservations at 10:00am for seven days in advance. Five seconds after 10 all the reservations are taken. I've been on at 10:00 everyday for the past three weeks and nothing yet.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Don't want to get my buddy in trouble but it's on 52nd Street.b, 21b, 21Even when their website says no reservations he always keeps a couple open in case Ben Franklin shows up.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    At my company's end of the year party they took some parts from Gladiator and made this corporate bullshit video.b, 21Cut to the part of burnt corpses of Gladiator's wife and kid and the off-voice goes "We faced a lot of troubles this year..."b, 21b, 21Time for the head of Human Resources presentation. Shitty powerpoint of human resources dudes backed with Neil Young's "Philadelphia" song.b, 21b, 21WTF?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Other than to shovel snow, I did not leave the house at all this weekend and it felt good. Lotsa sitting by the fire and reading and listening to music and oh my gosh ??? did I eat well this weekend! Last night???s dinner of chick peas with couscous was amazing; revised and combined a few recipes ??? I love it when these experiments work out!b, 21b, 21Dish 1b, 21b, 21Heat veg oil and add cumin seeds and fresh grated ginger. Just grate the ginger right into the pan so you don???t lose any juice.b, 21When you can smell the cumin*, add one scotchbonnet pepper and fry for a couple of minutes. You???ll have to keep stirring so the ginger doesn???t stick.b, 21Add chickpeas and half cup fresh lemon juice and stir. b, 21Top with lemon zest.b, 21Turn heat to low, half cover with lid and stir occasionally.b, 21When serving, top with fresh chopped cilantro.b, 21b, 21Dish 2b, 21b, 21Heat veg oil and add finely chopped onion.b, 21Fry til nearly burnt.b, 21Add two and half cups of veg stock (this measurement is important).b, 21Add turmeric and paprika and bring to boil.b, 21Add two cups couscous, stir well.b, 21Turn heat off, cover and let sit. (If you don???t have a gas stove, take it right off the element).b, 21Before serving, stir, separate and fluff couscous.b, 21Top with green onions.b, 21b, 21Some radishes on the table and beer and you???re ready to go!b, 21b, 21Mind...the chickpeas are not saucy at all ??? just a bit of liquid to them.b, 21b, 21*As delicious as it is, the best way I can describe the smell of cumin is fragrant sweat.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21At my company's end of the year party they took some parts from Gladiator and made this corporate bullshit video.
    b, 21Cut to the part of burnt corpses of Gladiator's wife and kid and the off-voice goes "We faced a lot of troubles this year..."
    b, 21
    b, 21Time for the head of Human Resources presentation. Shitty powerpoint of human resources dudes backed with Neil Young's "Philadelphia" song.
    b, 21
    b, 21WTF?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" /1

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21At my company's end of the year party they took some parts from Gladiator and made this corporate bullshit video.
    b, 21Cut to the part of burnt corpses of Gladiator's wife and kid and the off-voice goes "We faced a lot of troubles this year..."
    b, 21
    b, 21Time for the head of Human Resources presentation. Shitty powerpoint of human resources dudes backed with Neil Young's "Philadelphia" song.
    b, 21
    b, 21WTF?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" /1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21This sounds mind bendingly img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lvl.gif" alt="" /1 awful.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    F*ck an ipod, I just bought this little thing "Sansa Clip" of 4GB from Sandisk.b, 21Like an ipod Shuffle BUT with display. Incredible sound. Highly recommended.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3139/2535243464_3049dae65f.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21Get it for $45 from amazon.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Always hear this stuff about how it's "quiet" before the holidays at work, however, I am always the dude who gets to work during these supposed times, covering for not one but two people. But I will never be one of those men or woman sighing and making nasty guttural sounds because it's just such hard work. I don't even throw a glance in their direction. I am not even recognizing that noise.b, 21b, 21One of my minor tasks is to use this web site to look up grain prices. I have to type in this guy's e-mail address and password. The password? "Boscoe." Not Chicago funk related. This dude is a loud, open-mouthed eater -- "very tongue based," as a coworker puts it -- who rocks the Initech mug. Not even sure if he likes music. I walk by his desk all the time and he is looking up quotes on IMDB.com. b, 21b, 21Thankfully, it's someone's birthday today and the man set up a wet bar in the office. Beefeater gin martinis are on tap in a few.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happyday.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21One of my minor tasks is to use this web site to look up grain prices. I have to type in this guy's e-mail address and password. The password? "Boscoe." Not Chicago funk related. This dude is a loud, open-mouthed eater -- "very tongue based," as a coworker puts it -- who rocks the Initech mug. Not even sure if he likes music.:
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21^^^^^^b, 21b, 21not a Seinfeld fanb, 21b, 21b, 21boscoe episode was a classic.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21I probably have seen that episode and that would totally jive with this dude's persona.

• The only thing is, if it were referring to the [i]Seinfeld/i1 ep, it would have to be spelt without the "e." When George Costanza used "BOSCO" as his ATM password, it was a reference to this:

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    This dude is a loud, open-mouthed eater -- "very tongue based,"[/b] as a coworker puts it

This sounds horrifying. Whenever I try to think about what that might mean, I shudder violently.

• It's 37 degrees here in Tucson. Tucson!!! Unfortunately my cuddle options out of town. Grrr...

On an even darker/colder note, I accidentally blew a speaker at the club tonight. Owner's pissed, understandably so. He can be a decent dude, though. He said "Look, I'm really drunk right now so I don't want to talk about it. Can we talk tomorrow and I'll pay you then?" I was cool. I'm sure I'll have to take a hit 'cause it WAS my fault. Some idiot had knocked the monitor over and broke it earlier so I kept raising the volume to compensate. (Yup, TWO broken speakers in one night...Ugh.)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i was @ a party and some friends had to flake for the 2nd night in a row -- i wasnt mad cuz it was for understandable reasons but i was busting their ballz about it anyway and they got all butthurt and i had to start backpedalling and be like "nah ... its cool --- was just f*cking with you .. not a big deal... relax nah im just f*cking around ... my bad."

real weird

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    does this happen to you? some ppl are so sensitive

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Other than to shovel snow, I did not leave the house at all this weekend and it felt good. Lotsa sitting by the fire and reading and listening to music and oh my gosh ??? did I eat well this weekend!

Sounds a lot like my week, or actually week and a half. Portland was under 1 foot of snow, most in decades and the whole city was basically shut down. I had a bit of a cold last weekend and called in sick to work on the worst day of the storm last saturday. I cooked like crazy for days though. Made homemade bread, lentil soup, roasted a chicken, made potato pancakes, Tacos, breakfast sammys. I even had a few Pet Icicles! The cats went nuts, there was dripping from the foundation in the basement...AHHH! I shoveled mad snow and found muscles I didn't know I had. Got sick of shit after a few days and had Zero Xmas shopping done by Tuesday so we dug out my truck, dumped two recycling bins full of sun burnt records and a shovel into the back and headed out. I've never driven in the snow, it was fun. All in all it was aok although the cold I had returned last night and is twice as worse....but tomorrow I'm making a pot roast with my new dutch oven I got for xmas.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    given the times

this comic has stood the test of it

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    No power for five hours yesterday because winds knocked down trees that knocked down power lines. Couldn???t use any appliances, so went out to eat and came back to a flooded basement. The sump pump didn???t have back-up power and all the water it should have been sucking out ended up on the floor. THANK GOODNESS nothing got ruined, though we???ll see what shape the carpet is in after it dries out. I can???t tell you enough how happy I am we invested in a steam cleaner vacuum ??? it sucked up so much of the water, it definitely put us ahead in the drying process. And THANK GOODNESS the sump pump deals with clean underground water and not crap drain/toilet water, you know?
    Was prepared to deal with this borderline disaster because had just ate the best huevos rancheros EVER and had the fuel in me to move boxes, vacuum, empty vacuum, vacuum, empty vacuum, mop, mop, mop and on.

Played Grand Theft Auto 4 for the first time ever on Christmas, actually played the first video game ever since Space Invaders. Couldn???t get a handle on all the stupid commands and didn???t even get to listen to the radio or really hear what was going on because the 15 yr old I was with was worried family would flip if they heard. I guess all the killing is OK.

Looking forward to trying out a new recipe with breadfruit tonight.

Am considering making my own sorrel next year for Christmas Day...though may not take it to dinner in case the head sorrel-maker takes it as a slight. I have a good idea for a secret ingredient...

Got ABN in the mail today. It was sitting on my desk waiting for me when I got in this morning ??? can???t wait to hear it tonight.