Asher Roth???

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Is it though? Look - I never heard Roth until I heard him getting played - middle of the day - on Hot 97. I'm pretty sure the station doesn't share much with most college radio playlists.

/quote]

Hey O, did you hear that Lark cut or "College?" I thought I had ducked dude's whole steez until "College" came on while I was tuned into B96, which is the hip-hop/R&B/Dance station aimed at white people. I groaned, but I wasn't surprised. B96's audience is Asher's prime demographic.

I heard "Lark." Haven't heard "College" yet and have zero curiosity to play it. I have to live "College" for work. Don't need to hear it coming back to me on the airwaves.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Is it though? Look - I never heard Roth until I heard him getting played - middle of the day - on Hot 97. I'm pretty sure the station doesn't share much with most college radio playlists.

/quote]

Hey O, did you hear that Lark cut or "College?" I thought I had ducked dude's whole steez until "College" came on while I was tuned into B96, which is the hip-hop/R&B/Dance station aimed at white people. I groaned, but I wasn't surprised. B96's audience is Asher's prime demographic.

I heard "Lark." Haven't heard "College" yet and have zero curiosity to play it. I have to live "College" for work. Don't need to hear it coming back to me on the airwaves.

Well, that's somewhat encouraging. Not that I'm an expert on NY radio, but if Hot 97 was playing "College," even during mid-day, I'd have to say I don't know which way is up anymore.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Perhaps college is cool now?

(I'd bet on it being a payola thing before that--but I am so disconnected {"old"} that I really have no idea. Obama-effect? LOL)

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Stopped following the thread, but had to contribute this (2:36 in reveals the realness):

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    WOW

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I haven't gotten through this whole thread yet but I heard that 'College' song and seen the videos with him in discussions with Luda and some other dudes. College is probably one of the most mundane things you could write a song about. Madhatter over here.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I don't get how the whiteboy rapper is still a novelty in 2009..

Alchemist meets the son of James Cann?

• I don't get how the whiteboy rapper is still a novelty in 2009..

uhhhhh...... YEAH.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Copywrite's trying to capitalize off the hype LOL.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I don't get how the whiteboy rapper is still a novelty in 2009..

uhhhhh...... YEAH.

That's who was in the Whooliganz. "Mudfoot" was The Alchemist & the other dude was the son of James Caan.

Quick edit - A buddy of mine interviewed Alchemist for a magazine & they talked about the Whooliganz briefly. During the interview a rep from the magazine came by, but had to jet because, in his words, "he had to go see his Bubbie." Alchemist takes a long drag of his j & says in the most blunted, gravely voice ever "tell your Bubbie I say good lookin' out."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Copywrite's trying to capitalize off the hype LOL.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Copywrite is a much better rapper.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Hasn't he beefed with every white rapper who's come out in the last five years or so?

That's debatable,but i wont be arguing with you
    Believe what you want to.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    white people beyond lil wyte and paul wall should not be allowed to rap

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

" Warming your soul like slippers on a rainy day"

just for the hell of it:

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

im hardly a copywrite stan but thats not even f*ckin close to debatable.

>>>>>>>>> asher roth's entire career

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i don't even know what to say to actually seriously comparing other white rappeurs to asher roth

im hardly a copywrite stan but thats not even f*ckin close to debatable.

>>>>>>>>> asher roth's entire career

LOL @ Deej keeping tabs on Copywrite's "rapping career"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    All of this shit is terrible.

I hate hip hop. I cant even remember what i liked about it in the first place.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

What about Asian people? Indian people? Native American people? If someone is half black do they get a half pass, they can only do EPs? Are white people allowed to make beats for black rappers? Is it bad that Tony Maserati had his white hands all up in the sound of hip hop? And what is beyond supposed to mean here?

Go ahead, make some trite remark about the fact that I rap, but that shit ^ is just blatant ignorance.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

What about Asian people? Indian people? Native American people? If someone is half black do they get a half pass, they can only do EPs? Are white people allowed to make beats for black rappers? Is it bad that Tony Maserati had his white hands all up in the sound of hip hop? And what is beyond supposed to mean here?

Go ahead, make some trite remark about the fact that I rap, but that shit ^ is just blatant ignorance.
    no just white people rapp

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh yeah add bubba sparxxxxxx to the list

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This dude reminds me a bit of Ugly Duckling mixed with a Primative Plus era Edan. I like that he gives props to Teddy Ruxpin.

There was a time when I was saying that Danno3000 was the future of hip hop. I wanted to start a group with him & Guzzo. I wanted to Jerry Heller that. We were ahead of our time. headz are still not ready.

dude, I'm listening to Roth's entire CD right now. He's so meta-White Rapper. Merge Em, Aesop Rock, Matisyahu and Andy Samberg together and ---> Asher Roth. Mind-blowing.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I have no real interest in learning more about him, but it's humorous to read people's comments about him. On the labcabin blog they had a post about an in-store he was doing in their LA store. Then there was a follow up post with a picture of his cd in a garbage can. Made me laugh.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    While he is exactly what I would've expected him to be, the SS hateration is funny. It's like self hateration.

Pick your descriptor(s):

College, White, Young, Rapper

How many of these apply to you?

Whamp whamp whaaaa...

Don't be sad.