Asher Roth???

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this dude is so terrible. that College song is pretty popular though. i hope i see dude one day so i can tell him he's a clown

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    This video answered all my questions about Asher Roth:

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    douchebag rap, remember that

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    The beat is nice. But I can't imagine listening to an entire album of rhymes like this.

Seriously. It's not even good for the niche he's going for.

This sounds like a High and Mighty rehash with more publicity.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    worst schitt ever

x1000

I just heard this cheeseball for the first time ever. I checked some other things on youtube, you know, just in case.

NO.

I hate his flow. wait WTF am I talking about, there is no flow, just an annoying guy on the bus talking so everyone can hear him. the shot of him going into the frat house....yup, the end.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The beat is nice. But I can't imagine listening to an entire album of rhymes like this.

This kind of in-fighting will not help further the white rappeur cause.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

This kind of in-fighting will not help further the white rappeur cause.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Saving you the trouble.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

• b/w

ems new single went nowhere. thank god. hes way off target

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I first heard him over the wknd on MTV's Spring Break... it was scary bad: Jim Jones did a gross guest spot on the College song, and the drunk fratty orange-skinned throng was singing along passionately. I had to change it.

Pretty much every act (including a Santogold/NERD collabo and Lil Wayne) on the show was fusing rap, pop and rock... a trend which the young folks seem to be loving, but ultimately the music fails bigtime. I think things are going to get worse before they get better.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    b/w

ems new single went nowhere. thank god. hes way off target
    could have sworn it went #1 on the hot 100?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Just like the bald eagle, the white rappeur is an endangered species.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    I don't get how whiteman rapper is still a novelty in 2009. Too bad it's this lameass.

Edan for president.

• Damn, for a guy who all you dudes REALLY hate, you all seem to know a lot about him and continue punish yourselves with constant research.

This is the first time I heard any of his music and was pre-hatting just on G.P.

• Options
    I gave it a chance, but yeah, this Asher Roth stuff is awful, broheim.

I picture white, hollister t-shirt wearing dudes with spikey (or wind-swept) hair pounding this in their jeeps.

The beats ain't bad though.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Seeing Asher Roth randomly at SXSW reminded me of everything that I hate about rap, college and white people simultaneously.

seems like a decent, regular-ass dude in this interview, but i can't say i'm a fan of his music. i can see his appeal for a certain crowd though.

• Options
    re: Asher Roth

F*ck it - after hearing this play on Hot 97 a few times, I found this strangely appealing.
    --Manny Bolone

^^^^^^^^^
    My head almost exploded when I read this.

b/w

Heresy?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I don't get how the whiteboy rapper is still a novelty in 2009..

• I don't get how the whiteboy rapper is still a novelty in 2009..

maybe it'll put him in clooney's rolodex

• Options

House of Pain meets Kris Kross?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    thats your boy alchemist

• meets

thats your boy alchemist

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I was thinking the same thing but then I was trying to think about what other white rappers of note there's been since Eminem.

And really, who is there?

re: Asher Roth

F*ck it - after hearing this play on Hot 97 a few times, I found this strangely appealing.
    --Manny Bolone

^^^^^^^^^
    My head almost exploded when I read this.

b/w

Heresy?

STALKER

I was thinking the same thing but then I was trying to think about what other white rappers of note there's been since Eminem.

And really, who is there?

Kanye West

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    To cleanse the palate:

To cleanse the palate:

Maybe I can just get Funk Flex leaning on the bomb button, playing Black Moon, and screaming, "BROOKLYN'S ABOUT TO BLACK OUT!" instead.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    To cleanse the palate:

C'mon dude, still sellin' weight and still flippin' keys and still killin' and/or havin' muhf*ckas killed in your raps is just as corny as goofy Frat Hop and you know it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    To cleanse the palate:

C'mon dude, still sellin' weight and still flippin' keys and still killin' and/or havin' muhf*ckas killed in your raps is just as corny as goofy Frat Hop and you know it.

You're addressing this argument to the wrong person--I couldn't care less what rappers rap about. I'm only interested in how they do it.