NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Mark Cuban should fire himself.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

From an owner's perspective, I think he's done quite well though.

From a fan's perspective, consecutive first round eliminations is kind of weak.

I do blame Cuban for being short-sighted on the J Kidd trade though. In any other year, it may have worked, but this year's conference play was exceptionally tough.

• Mark Cuban should fire himself.

I disagree. What's he done wrong?

If you study the situation with Avery, it really could not go any other way. What else has Cuban done that you disagree with?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If you study the situation with Avery, it really could not go any other way. What else has Cuban done that you disagree with?

All kinds of shit is gonna come out....including Josh having a Birthday Party Sunday Night even after Avery told him not to.

Well I'm one of Cuban's haters[/b], as are most non-Dallas folks. So my opinion is somewhat affected by a raw, visceral, intense hatred.

But I think the Kidd trade was a bad idea - it shook up an offense that had spent a lot of time together and Kidd ended up underachieving. Now they've got an old dude with a big contract and gave up one of their best young players in the deal.

• How do we know who pushed for the Kidd trade. Avery didn't feel Harris was "his type of PG" or "a leader". Then he didn't mesh with Kidd, from all indications.

The taskmaster shit only goes so far. It should be clear that the owner/coach relationship was broke, and the player/coach relationship was broke.

I was really hoping we could get Larry Brown and build around Kidd, Dirk, Bass and JET as a sixth man next year. Josh should probably be dealt and see what if anything you can get for Dampier. The team needs to sign some young and hungry players. Dump all that old dead weight like Stack and George and all of them...although I wouldn't mind keeping Stack around as an assistant or maybe a player/coach type. The team needs his mentality, but I think his body is broke down.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Nash is a shadow of his former self and more importantly is severely lacking sack. I knew it was over when Parker blew right by him in one of the first sequences.

Nash is still one of the premier shooting PG's in the league (if ever). It's not his fault the offense is out of wack.

Not only that but he should be able to play for a while longer because his game is not based upon speed like a lot of other point guards

• Mark Cuban should fire himself.

All kinds of shit is gonna come out....including Josh having a Birthday Party Sunday Night even after Avery told him not to.

What does that have to do with Cuban though? I think it speaks more to how Avery had lost the team. Cuban almost fired Avery after teh blow-up in L.A., from what I'm reading.

I'm sure Josh'll be hungry once those munchies kick in!

I'll be in the cocktail lounge all weekend, folks.

• The albatross of Erick Dampier's contract was brought on specifically because Cuban listened to Avery who promised "he could get the most out of him".

I'm sure it was Avery who wanted a lot of the veteran oldsters we signed over the last two years.

My read is that Cuban gave Avery full support and for whatever reasons, shit just blew up.

I don't think this season would've gone any better had the Mavs not made the trade, but it's no doubt future prospects would be much, much brighter had the team not done the deal.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Well I'm one of Cuban's haters[/b], as do most non-Dallas folks. So my opinion is somewhat affected by a raw, visceral, intense hatred.

This is vintage JP right hurr. (not mad doggie)

But I think the Kidd trade was a bad idea - it shook up an offense that had spent a lot of time together and Kidd ended up underachieving. Now they've got an old dude with a big contract and gave up one of their best young players in the deal.

Kidd didn't underachieve. He was handed the keys to a very dynamic team that was still finding its identity against a solid TEAM in N.O.

• Well I'm one of Cuban's haters[/b], as are most non-Dallas folks.

Why, just because he's "out there"? Not tucked away in a luxury box?

Y'all just hate his billionaire swag!!!

For real though, I'm glad to know the owner of the team I root for cares about them probably a million times more than I do. I think he'll work hard with what we have to put the team in the best possible situation to get as better as we can next year.

What does that have to do with Cuban though? I think it speaks more to how Avery had lost the team. Cuban almost fired Avery after teh blow-up in L.A., from what I'm reading.

I agree 100%....Avery lost this team....that Little General shit will only take you so far.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The Dampier project was a bust from jump as well.

And yeah, I pretty much hate Cuban too.

Well I'm one of Cuban's haters[/b], as are most non-Dallas folks. So my opinion is somewhat affected by a raw, visceral, intense hatred.

Pure Undeniable Unadulterated Jealousy!!

• I'm sure Josh'll be hungry once those munchies kick in!

"Smell the colors, maaaaaan..."

Well I'm one of Cuban's haters[/b], as are most non-Dallas folks.

Why, just because he's "out there"? Not tucked away in a luxury box?

MARK CUBAN IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE SUB-JERRY JONES.

• HARVEY, NOBODY CARE WHO YOU HATE AND DON'T HATE!!!!!

• I'm not mad at Avery. Most of the shit they did seemed prudent at the time. It didn't work out. Call it what it is and figure out how to get better. I'm sure Avery will learn and bounce back. He'll get hired pretty quick, I imagine, unless he wants to sit back and let Cuban pay him for a bit.

^^^BILLIONAIRE SWAG???^^^

• Haha. SHE'S FINE THO.

• http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=424

If you want to read about the whole shebang from a longtime Dallas writer who has credible sources. This *is* the conspiracy theorist's angle but I don't think there is too much that he is off-base about.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Avery had no business being a head coach ....Get ready for Jeff Van Gundy in Dallas.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm sorry but Jeff Van Gundy should've never been a head coach. He has no idea how to coach offense on a team. That's why he should be a life long assistant.

• Avery had no business being a head coach ....Get ready for Jeff Van Gundy in Dallas.

I really don't think you'll see this happen as his style is similar to AVery's approach.

I think AVery can be a good head coach he's gotta learn to give up a little authority though.

Riles? Del Harris? Westpahl or Elie?

I'm sorry but Jeff Van Gundy should've never been a head coach. He has no idea how to coach offense on a team. That's why he should be a life long assistant.

I have my issues with Van Gundy but he did pretty good with some average teams....He's a good defensive coach...he's familar with the division and i think Cuban will play it safe with his choice......The Mavs are going to score points no matter who coaches the team.

Del Harris.....he's already on the payroll and since Avery swept him to the curb he has something to prove.

Del Harris.....he's already on the payroll and since Avery swept him to the curb he has something to prove.

Del Harris: The man who couldn't do a damn thing with the most talented roster in NBA history.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Blow up that Dallas team

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Perhaps, but I have to admit, I think Jeff Van Gundy the announcer is fantastic. Dude is so snarky and will talk shit on pretty much anybody and anything.