NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    neither of whom are my favorite player of the past 15 years, Gary Payton)

most of those 15 years, the glove was falling apart homie.

was awesome when he was young though. probably rivaled kg with career shit-talking on the court-- fun to watch.

As a die hard Sonics fan the Glove was not that great a defender. Van Exel, KJ even Frickin' Robert Pack routinely got in his ass. Gary probably got more out of his mediocre talent than any other player I've seen though. Dude had no hops, no handles and a shaky jumper but somehow willed his way to HOF career.

Sayin'. Payton got a lot of mileage out of Karl's "this is not a zone" zone they used up there for so many years, but I do feel like the homie was lockdown. He had to guard the opposition's best guard for years and years, and it took a toll.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

But still wound up with a better career assist-to-turnover ratio than Jason Kidd.

And got a ring to boot.

Payton > Nash + Kidd

the ring in 06? heh.
    that was on some "pay me the vets minimum so i can ride the pine while riding d-wade's back" type shit.

payton (and malone) were both awful in that regard in the twilight of their careers. i can't blame them for wanting the ring, but their intentions were so obvious.

You must not of watched the '06 Finals because Payton was damned sure contributing.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    but i want to be entertained, so fuck all that noise.

Orlando vs New Orleans

I've had enough of superman this year.
    [color:white] it wasn't even a real dunk.[/color]

NOLA vs. Washington

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Fuck Payton were talkin about this PLAYOFF SERIES TONIGHT.

dude played out of his skull on occasion throughout the 1990s

Okay, now I can agree with what you said.

But still wound up with a better career assist-to-turnover ratio than Jason Kidd.

And got a ring to boot.

Payton > Nash + Kidd

the ring in 06? heh.
    that was on some "pay me the vets minimum so i can ride the pine while riding d-wade's back" type shit.

payton (and malone) were both awful in that regard in the twilight of their careers. i can't blame them for wanting the ring, but their intentions were so obvious.

You must not of watched the '06 Finals because Payton was damned sure contributing.

yeah, but he put up 5/3 for the season. he might have helped out in the finals, but he didn't help get them there.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dudes talmbout 12 years ago on a night when Dallas & Phoenix got bumped.....

How high is Josh Howard right now?

Dudes talmbout 12 years ago on a night when Dallas & Phoenix got bumped.....

We can go back 33 years when the Kool Aid Man strutted down my street in NOLA.

Or back 29 years when the Jazz left for Utah.

Or we could stick with now...

Hadn't really watched the Hornets until this past week or so. I'm loving their line-up, through Peja all the way down to Julian Wright.

Hopefully they can do some damage against the Spurs...wouldn't bet on it though.

If ur gonna stay up in this thread, please to stop referencing when u actually watch Nba ball and stay in the present. That's all.

Glad to have a N.O.fan to fan the flames to keep shit hot.

"I remember when Captain Kangaroo spoke to my glee club..."

If ur gonna stay up in this thread, please to stop referencing when u actually watch Nba ball and stay in the present. That's all.

Glad to have a N.O.fan to fan the flames to keep shit hot.

"I remember when Captain Kangaroo spoke to my glee club..."

Damn dude, did the Knicks somehow lose an upcoming draft pick tonight or what?

But yeah, don't count me in as a Hornets fan just yet. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them win over anyone else, but I'm not trying to go down as an opportunist bandwagon-jumper.

My role here is to remind folks that...

JASON KIDD IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE SUB-TONY PARKER.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Orlando vs New Orleans

NOLA vs. Washington

Quit that private mind garden chatter immediately.

Also,

go HAWKS, ROCKETS, WIZARDS, HORNETS, 76ERS.

= Confused.

JASON KIDD IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE SUB-TONY PARKER.

Interesting point.

J Kidd = household name, dimes, decent J, Olympic squad, title runs but came up short.

Tony Parker = wife is more famous than him, can burn perimeter players with ease, decent J, three titles at age 25.

By the way, Harvey up in this bitch is a good look. We needed new blood here, feel me blud?

if you mad, say you mad.

Orlando vs New Orleans

NOLA vs. Washington

Quit that private mind garden chatter immediately.

Also,

= Confused.
    children are to be seen and not heard.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You don't just happen to lose 4 playoff games through bad calls, miscues, and luck.

Even last night, even as they kept it close, Phoenix was always a step behind.

D'Antoni cannot think on his feet; big man can grab a board but he mainly just clogs the lane and can't flip any of his old moves or hooks; Nash is a shadow of his former self and more importantly is severely lacking sack. I knew it was over when Parker blew right by him in one of the first sequences.

BYE BYE

lacking sack

if you mad, say you mad.

Mad? Fuck no. Why should I be mad?

• How high is Josh Howard right now?

Y'ALL ARE FUNNY. ALL THE DUDES FUKKIN' W/ JOSH ARE HARDCORE BURNERS.

I BET HE IS REALLY HIGH BECAUSE HE MAKES ABOUT 50 TIMES WHAT YOU MAKE SO HE PROBABLY HAS BETTER MARIJUANA THAN YOU.

How high is Josh Howard right now?

Y'ALL ARE FUNNY. ALL THE DUDES FUKKIN' W/ JOSH ARE HARDCORE BURNERS.

I BET HE IS REALLY HIGH BECAUSE HE MAKES ABOUT 50 TIMES WHAT YOU MAKE SO HE PROBABLY HAS BETTER MARIJUANA THAN YOU.

• Like that is a revelation...

So the only first round excitement left is the Hawks, huh?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You don't just happen to lose 4 playoff games through bad calls, miscues, and luck.

With the Mavs in the tank I'm jumping on the Atlanta bandwagon....fun to watch and massive underdogs.....Go Hawks!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

D'Antoni cannot think on his feet; big man can grab a board but he mainly just clogs the lane and can't flip any of his old moves or hooks; Nash is a shadow of his former self and more importantly is severely lacking sack. I knew it was over when Parker blew right by him in one of the first sequences.

BYE BYE

FIRE KERR

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Like that is a revelation...

Think the Sixers are done?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

BYE BYE

FIRE KERR
    they probably would of lost without that trade too man.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

BYE BYE

FIRE KERR
    they probably would of lost without that trade too man.

Maybe, maybe not; there was certainly no way they were winning with it. Their problems are now much larger than one first-round exit, though, since Shaq's contract ruins them for the remainder of Nash's prime.

I really don't have words for the anger and contempt I feel for Kerr and what he did to the team.

• Like that is a revelation...

Think the Sixers are done?

Kinda. Just don't think they quite have the horses and the Pistons probably aren't done. Do you think the Sixers are done?

Atlanta has that super athletic/young/wild/GSt07 thing kinda going on, which makes them a loose cannon, and makes me think they have a 20% chance to pull off something crazy.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You have to like the Pistons if it goes 7 which I think it will. Been liking this series.