THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• daaaaaam... looks like NE getting Moss was a good move, huh?

• Yeah, Packer Nation is mad at Ted Thompson, the GM, for not making that happen. He was quoted the other week, regretting being so cheap when it came to Randy Moss. Our deep threat, Jennings is on the shelf for the moment, too, and Driver is a pure slot receiver, so gunslinger Favre would have loved having Randy right about now.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    daaaaaam... looks like NE getting Moss was a good move, huh?

Patriots looked like a pack of Monsters out there. Jets did not stand a chance.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    daaaaaam... looks like NE getting Moss was a good move, huh?

Patriots looked like a pack of Monsters out there. Jets did not stand a chance.

Double true. But the Eagles are making the Packers look like the '85 Bears.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Denver vs. Buffalo. Elam's last second FG was

I thought the Broncos were going to run out of time! That was ill.

• Holy fuck. 2 4th down conversions on the last drive and then:

Cutler+Walker+Elam=

• This victory is dedicated to you, Phill!

• This victory is dedicated to you, Phill!

i honestly expected this outcome today. The Eagles can still be a good team this year, but they have some serious problems- most of which I blame on the head coach. We lost this game on two muffed punts- punts muffed by guys who have NEVER returned punts before. When Jeremy Bloom couldn't cut the mustard in preseason, these fools were ass out with no plan B. How da f**k do you start the season without an experienced punt returner???

• Yeah, valid concerns indeed. I think both teams will be in the playoffs.

I enjoy this rivarly.

• Denver vs. Buffalo. Elam's last second FG was

horrible play calling on the bills part even though lee evans was open on that play.

still cant beleive the broncos got a kick off in like 10seconds. wtf.

in some glass half full shit, marshawn lynch is a badass man.

horrible play calling on the bills part even though lee evans was open on that play.

Lynch does look promising. I assume you're a Bills fan? I was born in Buffalo and can't bear rooting for the Bills. GO BRONCOS. Elam = DA BESSSS (even though he had one of his worst games ever). Javon Walker is the new Rod Smith. Still don't know what to say about Cutler. He fucked up a lot today, but he got it done when it mattered. He is still green though and needs to gain confidence and experience before you can get mad at him making mistakes under pressure.

• I dunno, y'all...The Patriots DID have a botched snap on a field goal attempt. There is A LOT to be concerned...

Aww, fuck that. They looked great. Wow. At NYJ to open, and they did THAT? Jesus. AFC East race just got a lot less scary.

Lynch does look promising. I assume you're a Bills fan? I was born in Buffalo and can't bear rooting for the Bills. GO BRONCOS. Elam = DA BESSSS (even though he had one of his worst games ever). Javon Walker is the new Rod Smith. Still don't know what to say about Cutler. He fucked up a lot today, but he got it done when it mattered. He is still green though and needs to gain confidence and experience before you can get mad at him making mistakes under pressure.

yep, i dont really know how my fanship happened with such a team but the 4 straight superbowl losses hurt pretty bad. :why must i cry: why such the HATT for the bills? ever check out a game at ralph wilson stadium?

bills took some hits today. kevin everett with the spinal injury (hope dude is okay), ko simpson, jason webster & coy wire! damn our secondary is thrashed.

as i remember your the denver nuggets fan in the neverending nba thread.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm in a Hotel Bar in New Mexico drunker than shit celebrating the Cowboys opening day win.

T.O. will have a better year than Randy Moss.

Where the fuck is our defense??

• T.O. will have a better year than Randy Moss.

yep... you really are drunker than shit

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

T.O. had 1/3 the receiving yards of Randy Moss.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Don't hate, congratulate!!! Go Cowboys (and fucks those damn Buzzards, oops, Eagles)!!! Y'all should hope Donovan McNabb goes to see the Wizard for some passing accuracy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    MIA vs WASH -- who cares?

• Some thoughts on the games I watched this weekend:

Pats vs Jets:
    Pats looked solid as fuck, the Jets have a lot to improve on (understatment). Where was the defensive line?! Give Brady all that time and he will make plays all day. Randy Moss beating three defenders on a 55 yard pass? Hobbs running it back for 108 yards, those big plays are totally demoralizing. Give me a fucking break.

Bears vs Chargers:
    Kind of a sloppy game overall, turn overs, fumbles, bad blocking. Rex Grossman is still showing his youth, making bad passes and not reading the defense well, granted they played a tough San Diego defense. In fact this game was all defense until the last half. LT was basically shut down, but so was the Bears running game. I'm looking forward to seeing the Chargers take on the Seahawks next week.

Giants vs Cowboys:
    Fucking A! Week one and the Giants are already fucking with me. All I want to know is, how long will Jacobs be out? This will fuck up the season. Manning did really well in my opinion, Buress and Toomer looked mad sharp. But where the fuck was the defense?!?!?! Linebackers where the fuck were you?! If the Giants fix up their defense and keep the offense going like last night, watch out in the NFC. I look forward to fixing up the week one kinks and take our revenge when we see the Dallas on 11/11.

What did you guys watch? Anyone peep the Redskins vs Dolphins game? I saw the highlights but couldn't get a good fell for these teams. Pittsburgh vs Cleveland?

Also bars in Park Slope suck for football. Right off the bat I got into a heated argument with a girl wearing a Red Sox hat who was chearing for the Packers, wtf?! Most people there only wanted to watch the Mets game, and the most crowded tv had the US Open on. This was at Loki, at least the bartender was real cool. For a bar that has Sunday ticket, they should get a few more tv's in so I don't have to fight with Houston fans and watch some NFC East, bitches. The Lighthouse was packed with Bills fans and you couldn't get to the bar it was so full. Another place looked like a fraternity had taken a shit there. And The Gate smells like an inch of spilled beer, its floors not having seen a mop for years.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Philly Cheese Steaks vs. Tejas Bar-B-Q

We're ready for those Igles.

No hangover here.

SOI....side bet as to who has more TD's by the end of the season???

• Pittsburgh vs Cleveland?

this was hella fun to watch for us Stillers fans, seeing them stomp thru a division rivalry under the guidance of the new coach.

it gave some hints that Pgh could have a great season, but it's too hard to tell cause it looked like a preseason game- the Browns were HORRIBLE. seriously- they had 4 different violations on a single play (botched punt)...

but i do think we have a lot of potential for this season, + i have a really good feeling about Tomlin (the new coach). Hiring him was a badass move

Pittsburgh vs Cleveland?

this was hella fun to watch for us Stillers fans, seeing them stomp thru a division rivalry under the guidance of the new coach.

it gave some hints that Pgh could have a great season, but it's too hard to tell cause it looked like a preseason game- the Browns were HORRIBLE. seriously- they had 4 different violations on a single play (botched punt)...

but i do think we have a lot of potential for this season, + i have a really good feeling about Tomlin (the new coach). Hiring him was a badass move

Stillers are under the radar this year (vs. last year's under the microscope). They are going to suprise a lot of people and even make the playoffs! Whether they are Pats / Colts / Ravens / Chargers... good... remains to be seen.

• Hey Drama Teacher, nice win for your team.

I guess the Cowboys think they run the NFC for now......

• Cowboys think they run the NFC for now......

Cowgirls will get put in their place by Chicago in week 3. Who knows, maybe even the Dolphins will fuck 'em up next weekend.

Everyone in the NFC is scratching their heads right now. Too soon to tell.

• Who do you guys have going into the first Monday night games?

Will the Bengals mesh this year? Will Ocho Cinco live up to the hype? Maybe, but not tonight against that Baltimore defense. I say 24-13 Baltimore.

Niners vs Cards, I haven't paid attention to either teams so I can't call it. I want to see SF win, but only because I like to see the Edge lose.

The real question is will my non-having cable ass make it to the bar?

• Go to the bar man.

I like the Ravens on the road and the Niners at home tonight.

• Hey Drama Teacher, nice win for your team.

Yeah, a bit of luck never hurts. Better to be lucky than good! (I think we'll be good, too.)

Injuries are going to plague the Ravens this year.

Kyle Boller sees play in the first game of the season?

• Skipped out on the bar and just read the recaps online.

Sounds like the niners were luckier than the Packers! Who is this quarterback Adam Smith? His stats were pretty bad, not that Leinart did better.

Cinicinati surprising me somewhat. How long will McNair be out? Ocho Cinco burning the Ravens safety, but quite the disappointing touchdown celebration.

Whose big ego will lead them to an early demise first, T.O. or Chad?