THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Oh man Cowboys fans are gassed on this game. They think they gonna win!!!

I haven't seen the line but I'll give any Cowboys fans whatever points Vegas says they got coming. Patriots are gonna put a beatdown on that team right under that stupid roof that ain't even a Frickin' roof.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Oh man Cowboys fans are gassed on this game. They think they gonna win!!!

I haven't seen the line but I'll give any Cowboys fans whatever points Vegas says they got coming. Patriots are gonna put a beatdown on that team right under that stupid roof that ain't even a Frickin' roof.

Pats are favored by 5-1/2 right now. If Romo gives up six turnovers again, the Pats'll lay 60 on 'em. Whatever the over is, take it.

• Its too bad both teams can't lose this game.

Its too bad both teams can't lose this game.

Well, Romo can't play for both.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Its too bad both teams can't lose this game.

Well, Romo can't play for both.

Statement 1: Agreed
    Statement 2: Zing!

The Patriots are gonna beat the shit out of the Cowboys. That's not even up for debate. The real gambling question is "How many passes will T.O. drop?"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Congratulations, you finally got one right.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Minutes from Kick-Off and I want to wish all the Pat's fans good luck.

I expect the Cowboys to lose, but hopefully make it a close game.

If they win it's a wake-up call to the NFL.

But I'm pretty realistic.....

Score should be something like....

Pats 34 Cowboys 24

• OH MY GOD ADRIAN PETERSON OWNS THE CITY OF CHICAGO.

BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE.

• wow this bears game is 'nanners.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    OH MY GOD ADRIAN PETERSON OWNS THE CITY OF CHICAGO.

BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE.

I live across the street from the stadium and we started screaming at all the folks leaving early after Hester caught that TD pass. Now... quiet too quiet.

Griese is more of the same, which is to say, not the answer, though everyone probably already knew that .

• This victory goes out to Raj, the man with no respect!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    which teams are still winless?

Oh shit!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Oh shit!!!!

You've been waiting for that, huh?

22 second turnaround time on the post

For my part, I didn't know why everyone on
    both sides was predicting a Pats blowout. I
    don't care how good you are, you don't go into
    Dallas' home stadium and expect to run away with
    the game. Having said that, the Pats need to wake
    the fuck up and start playing their game instead
    of letting Dallas dictate the way things are going.

Oh shit!!!!

This time it's 12 seconds....

What a BS interference call.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I can't imagine the battle between 5-0 Dallas vs 5-0 New England is more exciting than the 2-2 Raiders vs. 2-3 chargers game we're enjoying here thanks to Al Davis moving back to the Bay Area. Hey Phoenix, how's that cardinal's game going?

• I started Reggie Bush over Adrian Peterson on one of my squads today.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I started Reggie Bush over Adrian Peterson on one of my squads today.

not me him and tom brady got me a few points to say the least. What's up with cincy by the way????

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Oh shit!!!!

This time it's 12 seconds....

What a BS interference call.

the pats did indeed crush the 'boys, tho i gotta say Marion Barber is Frickin' strong as hell! never seen a RB stiff arm so many times... that dude plays w/ energy!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The LSU loss might inspire The Saints to pull this one out.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i gotta say Marion Barber is Frickin' strong as hell! never seen a RB stiff arm so many times... that dude plays w/ energy!

That run to avoid taking the safety was a thing of beauty.

• The LSU loss might inspire The Saints to pull this one out.

No oof homeslice. LSU is still sittin where they need to be and that was a good win for my Saints.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    My 49ers had the best week out of the division. I wish they could have a bye every week. Stay shitty, NFC West.

• Can we discuss a couple things here?

- Wade Phillips saying that the Cowboys strategy for the Patriots this weekend was to, "Stop Sammy Morris, and let Tom Brady beat us." And, asked if he would change anything if he got to do it again, he said "No. You have to stop the run first."

Wow. Scarry, eh Dallas fans?

- Speaking of the Pats, how about Brady's numbers? Holy shit. 21 TDs/ 2 INTS!!!!

- How psyched are the Colts? Defending Super Bowl champs, undefeated, and they are under the radar? Seriously, that is an ideal situation for them.

- Now, how about Chris Chambers to the Chargers? Those WRs were a serious liability for that team, and he adds some serious credibility, and a much needed WR threat to that offense. That team is serious.

(how weird, too, to write about a trade at the Football trading deadline...)

Ok. DISCUSS!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Now, how about Chris Chambers to the Chargers? Those WRs were a serious liability for that team, and he adds some serious credibility, and a much needed WR threat to that offense. That team is serious.

I wonder how he's going to pan out for them...last year he was kinda a bust. Me being a Chiefs fan I hope he fails. Norv might be lucky though and be the next barry switzer.

I'm just looking forward to a Priest Holmes sighting. I know he's not a savior for KC but it's great to see him back giving it a go!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Can we discuss a couple things here?

- Wade Phillips saying that the Cowboys strategy for the Patriots this weekend was to, "Stop Sammy Morris, and let Tom Brady beat us." And, asked if he would change anything if he got to do it again, he said "No. You have to stop the run first."

Wow. Scarry, eh Dallas fans?

Uhhhhh...doubleyou tee eff? Afraid of The Unstoppable Force of Nature that is Sammy Morris? And not noticing that Tom Brady has been beating the shit out of everybody thus far?

- Speaking of the Pats, how about Brady's numbers? Holy shit. 21 TDs/ 2 INTS!!!!

He's rocking Madden numbers. It's fuckin' crazy. I'm not really a Pats fan (mostly on some "success breeds contempt" shit), but they are playing at a ridiculously high level. It's hard not to appreciate that just as a plain old football fan.

- How psyched are the Colts? Defending Super Bowl champs, undefeated, and they are under the radar? Seriously, that is an ideal situation for them.

They're definitely happy with how things are right now. But honestly, the Super Bowl is going to be when the Colts and Pats meet in the playoffs, and I don't think the Colts are up to the challenge.

• I read those Phillips quotes. I am now guaranteeing the Cowboys will not make the Super Bowl. They will run into a QB in the playoffs that will shred them and beat them.

Watch out for the Colts.

Is it the SD receivers or did we get the annointing oil out too early for P. Rivers?

Patrick Crayton is an idiot. shut up already, #3 WR.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    what did crayton say?

what did crayton say?

Something along the lines of "We'll see the Pats again in the Super Bowl, if they make it."

But I'm making it sound far less ridiculous than he did.

what did crayton say?

I'm not going to be able to quote him exactly but he said something like.....

"I'm tired of everyones perception that there are only two good teams in the league, the Colts and the Pats, and then everyone else"

This coming right after the Pats kicked his ass up and down the field.

It's not perception Patrick, it's fact.