NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• PLAESE TO LIST DALLAS PLAYERS YOU FIND "SOFT" OR STFU ALREADY.

"Hello, GP. Dirk is scared of me and downey-soft."

Fine. Who else?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    PLAESE TO LIST DALLAS PLAYERS YOU FIND "SOFT" OR STFU ALREADY.

Fine. Who else?

"Hello, GP. Erica Dampier wears women's leggings on game day. True story."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Fine. Who else?

Jason The Jet Terry isnt soft but has lost some swag.

Dude was the Next Van Exel for a minute.

Fine. Who else?

Yeah, he was wearing his socks real high for a minute there, wasn't he...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Fine. Who else?

next Van Exel. lol I don't think that's really the best compliment. Terry is a baller though.

• PLAESE TO LIST DALLAS PLAYERS YOU FIND "SOFT" OR STFU ALREADY.

Fine. Who else?

I was gonna say - for a guy that talented it's almost like he... well you said it, he lost some swag.

Fine. Who else?

next Van Exel. lol I don't think that's really the best compliment. Terry is a baller though.

remember when Ahmad Rashad n them were on Nick's Dick for a hot minute.
    Dude's jersey was all in my face. And his face was all in my tv set.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Fine. Who else?

remember when Ahmad Rashad n them were on Nick's Dick for a hot minute.
    Dude's jersey was all in my face. And his face was all in my tv set.

Nick the Quick was no doubt a baller in his prime. He had his shine in LA that's for sure.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    B-Mon,

'member when he was THE SHIT!!!!

Sure do, I was in middle school. Not to mention, he was rockin' the illest kicks of all time.

• Errick Dampier is not soft. He's just awkward.

JET = not soft.

Errick Dampier is not soft. He's just awkward.
    HAHA. awkward. Actually, I don't think Dampier is soft. He's a role-playin' center.
    that's phonetically spelled. Like Freeway sayin' "earrrrly" or some shit.

• Errick Dampier is not soft. He's just awkward.
    HAHA. awkward. Actually, I don't think Dampier is soft. He's a role-playin' center.

Exactly. That's my point. Yes, Dirk has issues with toughness AT TIMES (I will constantly point out game 7 of the Spurs series or his 50 point answer to Tim Thomas' fake brand of "tough" as evidence of this), but the rest of the team is no softer than any of these other bands of fakes and losers you dudes ride for.

Dampier is exactly what Beam said, a role player, a puzzle piece. He doesn't back down from anybody. He spends a little too much time sucking amidst sporadic periods of solid play, but he tries hard all the time. Cursed w/ tiny hands for such a big guy.

• And then you got dudes who proclaim to be Webber fans. That's cool. Fab Five was a big part of my youth and I was always a fan til he became a King. But if you don't think that dude's Charmin soft than you don't watch basketball.

And then you got dudes who proclaim to be Webber fans. That's cool. Fab Five was a big part of my youth and I was always a fan til he became a King. But if you don't think that dude's Charmin soft than you don't watch basketball.

Webber soft. Yeah, but he is playing in the paint in his latter years. He's switched to the 5 position as a slower dude now. Will Dirk in his latter years move into the paint as an aging big man? Or will he still be on some Brad Lohaus shit at 38 years old?

Errick Dampier is not soft. He's just awkward.

Exactly. That's my point. Yes, Dirk has issues with toughness AT TIMES (I will constantly point out game 7 of the Spurs series or his 50 point answer to Tim Thomas' fake brand of "tough" as evidence of this), but the rest of the team is no softer than any of these other bands of fakes and losers you dudes ride for.

Dampier is exactly what Beam said, a role player, a puzzle piece. He doesn't back down from anybody. He spends a little too much time sucking amidst sporadic periods of solid play, but he tries hard all the time. Cursed w/ tiny hands for such a big guy.
    I don't really think that Dirk shoulders all the blame for the "soft" here. I think that there is a crucial element missing on the Mavs lineup: scoring in the low post. Dirk, when faced with someone smaller, settles for faders from 15ft out, which is fine when it's dropping... but that was my point- when someone is 'in his head' (ala Stephen Jackson) Dirk can't be counted on for shit on either side of the floor. That's the fucked up part. Dude should be able to go toe to toe with the likes of Duncan; he (dirk) is seven feet tall and fast as fuck. Duncan plays smarter and is superfreak strong- the latter quality is why teams have a center guard him and then rotate a guard around to double/go for a steal. It's crazy that you hardly ever see Dirk capable of backing someone down in the low post and spinning around for an easy layup/dunk. that shit HAS to happen, because that's what's missing for dallas, and they can't rely on anyone else in that lineup to score in the post like that. Personally, I'd like to see Diop develop his offensive game... but worry that Dallas will see that as the band-aid to Dirk's inadequacies.

Both dudes that run at the C for Dallas are 'adequate' defensive centers. Neither can effectively and consistently stop a Shaq (when he actually feels like playing) or a Duncan, but that's not a tremendous thing, since other teams have figured out how to beat the Heat and Spurs. I think Dallas' biggest flaw resides in their inability to adapt to the tougher (or in the dubs case, the nellier) teams they play, and the absolute anomaly that is a seven foot, non-bean pole PF that has a beautiful jump shot and no post game whatsoever.
    for now (and in the W's series) GET THE BALL TO JOSH FUCKING HOWARD.

• JET = not soft.

I won't claim to have watched nearly as much Mavs play as you but it does seem like he can let cats get in his head. In the dubs series I kept waiting for him to step up and turn it on... but he was streaky. I haven't seen much to disprove that impression either - it seems like when he's on, he's as good as anyone, and not soft in the slightest. He's cutting to the hoop, going to the rim, making plays and d-ing up. But when he falls out of sync or someone cuts his confidence, again this is only my impression, it seems like he disappears. He needs to toughen up in that respect if Dallas is going to count on him to play that role.

JET = not soft.

I won't claim to have watched nearly as much Mavs play as you but it does seem like he can let cats get in his head. In the dubs series I kept waiting for him to step up and turn it on... but he was streaky. I haven't seen much to disprove that impression either - it seems like when he's on, he's as good as anyone, and not soft in the slightest. He's cutting to the hoop, going to the rim, making plays and d-ing up. But when he falls out of sync or someone cuts his confidence, again this is only my impression, it seems like he disappears. He needs to toughen up in that respect if Dallas is going to count on him to play that role.

It seems he peaked during the Nellie years. Maybe GP can confirm this.
    Harris has become the primary ball handler, even though theyre interchangable.

• JET barley played for Nellie. Less than a full season. He was great during the Finals year. He's a streaky player for sure. He's a tweener guard and not a pure point. He's never afraid to take a big shot whether he's hot or cold. I can't call him soft by any definition but whatever.

How much power has shifted to the East w/ these trades.

A little? Alot? Somewhere in the middle?

There's only like 2 or 3 three elite teams in the East.

The West has like 6.

The West has like 6.
    just a little... which is unfortunate.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The West has like 6.

Not much--only the Knicks and Celtics are likely to be markedly better, IMO.

I don't think either JRich or Rashard Lewis are going to transform their new teams into winners.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

The West has like 6.

Not much--only the Knicks and Celtics are likely to be markedly better, IMO.

I don't think either JRich or Rashard Lewis are going to transform their new teams into winners.

Right, plus the Celtics are gonna need some time to gel, so I don't know how far they'll go. Given the state of the east, though, they may make it to the ECF given the talent in their new startying 5 (starting 3). You never know. I still got Detroit or Chicago going strong again this year. Experience counts for a lot.

• Same deal as before, the West kills the East top to bottom and during the regular season, but there will always be a couple of teams at the head of that snake that can take down the Trophy. 2 of the last 4 champs from the East.

Which "elite" team in the West will show signs of slippage this season?

Who will move into the upper echelon?

Can you slip much further than a first-round exit?

• Which "elite" team in the West will show signs of slippage this season?

Exactly. Nowhere to go but back up.

b/w

You've got relish on your chin.

I wonder if that will effect their regular season domination of the L.

• Which "elite" team in the West will show signs of slippage this season?

I reckon it will if Avery learned anything.

Who are the "elite" teams in the West? SA, PHx, Dallas? Of the 3, Phoenix looks primed to not-do-as-good-as-they-did-last-year. We are getting into the part of the Steve Nash contract that worried Mark Cuban. Let's see if he was prescient or not.

I reckon it will if Avery learned anything.

Is Utah gonna be real threat in the West? Or samo samo?