NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is Chuky Atkins that much better than Steve Blake?

I think you go with Chuck for consistency and veteran leadership.
    Blake was on some now you see me, now you don't ish.

LOL

Please, please let the Suns dismantle before they ever win anything, otherwise we won't hear the end of it from the "new breed" of NBA fans.

Harry Potter/Run-N-Gun Reader-Fans

Exactly. I'm more of the Patrick Ewing Nostrils-flaring Inside-Outside type of fan.

Cats gots jokes today!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

But Chucky Atkins is another player that doesn't understand the concept of synergy. When he was on the Lakers, his ass would make a three, trot backwards, acting like he was Jordan or something.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

But Chucky Atkins is another player that doesn't understand the concept of synergy. When he was on the Lakers, his ass would make a three, trot backwards, acting like he was Jordan or something.

I agree. He's not really a team kind of player. But when he gets hot, watch out. I was at a Pistons v. Wizards game a couple seasons ago and he was draining 3s from all over the place and killed us. I guess Blake works better in a system.

Who's still out there worth a fuck in the Free Agent world?

The Free Agent movement this OOf season has been kind weak.

The Knicks got "better".
    The Suns....gain a vet, but lose a classic bigman who can make his own jump shot.
    Gerald Wallace stays put.
    Micheal Pietris stays put.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Lunch was good.
    NBA dance teams barely get paid. The girls get $100 a game in Denver. Probably not much different anywhere else.
    They get plenty of cash from calendars/appearances/endorsements. Especially in the case of the Luva-Bulls, they get paid to dance what it is worth for them to dance.

NEXT

If I put a gun to your head would you pick just one???
    um yeah, I would. wooo, texas.

NEXT

Please, please let the Suns dismantle before they ever win anything, otherwise we won't hear the end of it from the "new breed" of NBA fans.
    aren't you like 15 years old or something?

NEXT

Harry Potter/Run-N-Gun Reader-Fans
    that's actually funny

NEXT

Exactly. I'm more of the Patrick Ewing Nostrils-flaring Inside-Outside type of fan.
    see above. were you even born yet? or are we now privy to some "I was a baller in the womb" type shit. (yes, location)

concept of synergy.
    LOL.

JimBeam, with the amount of knowledge I drop it would be safe to assume that I'm much older than 15. And btw, basketball is a game of synergy. I've never heard anyone phrase it as such, but it is.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    JimBeam, with the amount of knowledge I drop it would be safe to assume that I'm much older than 15. And btw, basketball is a game of synergy. I've never heard anyone phrase it as such, but it is.

19??

JimBeam, with the amount of knowledge I drop it would be safe to assume that I'm much older than 15.
    www.wikipedia.org

And btw, basketball is a game of synergy. I've never heard anyone phrase it as such, but it is.
    I've never heard anyone phrase it as such.

I don't understand your point.....I NEVER hear any analyst or fan utter the word "synergy" when talking about basketball. am I wrong?

no, you're not wrong. the use of the word "synergy" is technically correct. Most people say "team sport" or "collaborative effort" or some other synonym. The reason you've 'never heard it phrased as such' is because most people don't want to sound like they just fell out of a fuckin Neal Stephenson novel.

Main Entry: cooperation
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: mutual effort
    Synonyms: aid, alliance, assistance, cahoots*, coaction, coadjuvancy, coalition, collaboration, combination, combined effort, communion, company, concert, concurrence, confederacy, confederation, confunction, conspiracy, federation, fusion, give-and-take, harmony, help, helpfulness, logrolling*, participation, partisanship, partnership, playing ball*, reciprocity, service, society, symbiosis, synergism, synergy , teaming, teamwork, unanimity, union, unity
    i guess it's me guffawing at your fascination with your own revelations.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    no, you're not wrong. the use of the word "synergy" is technically correct. Most people say "team sport" or "collaborative effort" or some other synonym. The reason you've 'never heard it phrased as such' is because most people don't want to sound like they just fell out of a fuckin Neal Stephenson novel.

Synonyms: aid, alliance, assistance, cahoots*, coaction, coadjuvancy, coalition, collaboration, combination, combined effort, communion, company, concert, concurrence, confederacy, confederation, confunction, conspiracy, federation, fusion, give-and-take, harmony, help, helpfulness, logrolling*, participation, partisanship, partnership, playing ball*, reciprocity, service, society, symbiosis, synergism, synergy , teaming, teamwork, unanimity, union, unity

It is a game of cahoots. I've never heard anyone phrase it as such, but it is.

I don't understand your point.....I NEVER hear any analyst or fan utter the word "synergy" when talking about basketball. am I wrong?

I believe ive heard Kiki Vandeweghe use that word. But no, Its not frequently used,

Synergy??

It is a game of cahoots. I've never heard anyone phrase it as such, but it is.
    yuichi: this is your first published article title or you're soft.

• 2007 NBA = A Game of Shenanigans

i guess it's me guffawing at your fascination with your own revelations.

I don't know who Neal Stephenson is. But anyway, synergy is a more accurate word than "team effort". Where it could be interpretted as "everyone contributing" or something like that.

Oh I see you mad cuz i was stylin' on you!

2007 NBA = A Game of Shenanigans

I don't know who Neal Stephenson is. But anyway, synergy is a more accurate word than "team effort". Where it could be interpretted as "everyone contributing" or something like that.

oh i forgot: change Stephenson to J.K. Rowling and someone your age might get it. Us grown folk don't feel we need to use "synergy" to talk about basketball. I've gathered enough "mana points" in my lifetime... I don't need to say "synergy". Did that make more sense?

• 2007 NBA = A Game of Shenanigans

I can't see this pic, but I can read it's description, and it's quite possible the Big German was getting drunk at his local Shenanigans.

oh i forgot: change Stephenson to J.K. Rowling and someone your age might get it. Us grown folk don't feel we need to use "synergy" to talk about basketball. I've gathered enough "mana points" in my lifetime... I don't need to say "synergy". Did that make more sense?

This is an excellent way to work on your post count.

• This is an excellent way to work on your post count.

FUNNIEST SHIT EVER.

The dictionary entry you need to post for the youngster, JimBeam, is for the word "irony".

This is an excellent way to work on your post count.
    your grasp of dramatic irony is unmatched! you should write live theater productions.

damn, how did you beat me to that?

• damn, how did you beat me to that?

COS IT'S MY FUCKIN JOB, DAWG.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Denver didn't solve their biggest issue yet really, but I am hoping for a great season and better success in the playoffs. More chemistry developing with the stars and the rest of the team, stronger contribution from the bench, better team defense. Better perimeter shooting is what we lack, and I guess we're now relying on Chucky Atkins to help change that. He could fit better on this team than any team he's been on yet. We'll see. Season can't fuckin' get here fast enough, that's for sure.

And where does that place JR Smith?
    Nene HAS to breakout this season.

I don't know, he's arguably a better perimeter shooter than Blake and will take shots when he needs to, and that will help to draw defense from Melo/AI/Nene and basically just give another scoring option and force more quick decisions from opposing defenses, plus he is pretty much a vet and can provide more on-court leadership when needed. Blake was a dude who could handle the ball and run it up the court to keep the tempo. He wasn't a shooter, he wasn't much of a defender, and Atkins has a couple years on him. I'm not sure how they'll use him off the bat, I'm sure Karl will try him at starting point guard and move AI over to the 2, but Karl might try him as a shooting guard at some point.

JR could end up as starting SG, although I think he is more effective as a spark off the bench. If it were me, I'd say starting 5 is Atkins at PG, AI at SG, Melo SF, Nene PF, Camby C. You could easily throw JR in as starting SG and move AI back to the point though, but JR's a little streaky for my taste and he plays zero defense. He's better with limited minutes and as a high energy cat to get the bench going. Hopefully that car accident didn't fuck his mind up too much. He needs to get that 3 point shot a little more consistent and start D'ing up.

I think the bench situation is promising. You got Atkins who can play point or the 2 (if they end up starting the JR/AI back court), Kleiza who can play SF or SG, JR who can play SF or SG (if they start the AI/Atkins back court), Najera who can play SF or PF, and Evans at PF with Nene/Camby sharing Center when subs come in. All those dudes are tough, Kleiza had a bit of a breakout last season, Evans is whatever, I thought they should have made a move with him, but he can grab boards like a monster, and Najera is the truth on the hustle/intangibles tip.

The big factor for the first half of the season is for Karl to get these boys to develop some team defense. They don't all need to be top notch defenders, they just need to learn how to defend effectively as a unit. That and the perimeter scoring threat are the two things keeping us from the Finals.

Oh, and this is Nene's year, no doubt. He's going to be a BEAST next year, mark my words.

Damn, I type too fuckin' much.

Denver didn't solve their biggest issue yet really, but I am hoping for a great season and better success in the playoffs. More chemistry developing with the stars and the rest of the team, stronger contribution from the bench, better team defense. Better perimeter shooting is what we lack, and I guess we're now relying on Chucky Atkins to help change that. He could fit better on this team than any team he's been on yet. We'll see. Season can't fuckin' get here fast enough, that's for sure.

All of those players are mediocre at best. And they won't provide you with much in the long-run.

They can't all be Kobe, yuichi. Atkins will be better for Denver than he was for LA. You're retarded if you think Nene isn't going to do anything. I can't wait to watch him shit on the Lakers next season.

I will agree that JR is somewhat mediocre but only because of his inconsistency and lack of defense. When he's on, he's pretty unstopable offensively cuz he can shoot, he can drive, and he's extremely athletic and can jump out the building.

JR could end up as starting SG
    YES. THAT IS A GOOD LOOK.
    I think if anything, the car wreck will make him pull his head out of his ass and focus on his game.
    imo: CA's deficiencies > JRS's deficiencies, and Atkins should be coming off the bench.

imo: CA's deficiencies > JRS's deficiencies, and Atkins should be coming off the bench.

Please xplain yourself here. Carmelo does what Carmelo do, and he do it well. He just needs to tighten up on D like everyone else. JR is the most inconsistent player on the team who's worth a fuck, so I'd like to understand how you see Carmelo as having bigger issues than JR.

Please xplain yourself here. Carmelo does what Carmelo do, and he do it well. He just needs to tighten up on D like everyone else. JR is the most inconsistent player on the team who's worth a fuck, so I'd like to understand how you see Carmelo as having bigger issues than JR.
    sorry it took me a minute, i logged off...
    By CA I meant Atkins. Melo is a definite starter.
    Starting 5:
    AI at PG, JRS at SG, Melo SF, Nene PF, Camby C

back to work for me.

All of those players are mediocre at best. And they won't provide you with much in the long-run.

They can't all be Kobe, yuichi. Atkins will be better for Denver than he was for LA. You're retarded if you think Nene isn't going to do anything. I can't wait to watch him shit on the Lakers next season.

I will agree that JR is somewhat mediocre but only because of his inconsistency and lack of defense. When he's on, he's pretty unstopable offensively cuz he can shoot, he can drive, and he's extremely athletic and can jump out the building.

I'll look forward to Nene becoming a "beast".

This is where I have a problem..." only because of his inconsistency and lack of defense". Mike Miller can shoot the lights out too, but I wouldn't want him on my team if we're planning to win a championship.