lol

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Boston Celtics Starting 5?

Perkins - C
    Garnett - PF
    Pierce - SF
    Allen - SG
    Rondo - PG

They'll trade away their bench & future to get Garnett.

East Coast gets a little more interesting.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Perkins - C
    Garnett - PF
    Pierce - SF
    Allen - SG
    Rondo - PG

Once they got allen, rather than going younger, this was their only course of action.

Perkins - C
    Garnett - PF
    Pierce - SF
    Allen - SG
    Rondo - PG

Once they got allen, rather than going younger, this was their only course of action.

Shiiiiit. They couldnt have gotten any younger already. Green/Jefferson/Ray/Rondo/etc. Most of that roster is young whippersnappers.
    Telfair will finally go - if the trade goes thru.

Three huge scorers on one team -

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Perkins - C
    Garnett - PF
    Pierce - SF
    Allen - SG
    Rondo - PG

Shiiiiit. They couldnt have gotten any younger already. Green/Jefferson/Ray/Rondo/etc. Most of that roster is young whippersnappers.

Yeah...I guess I meant, 'Dump pierce, completely blow it up, and rebuild around Rondo and Jefferson.'

Could be interesting; i'll go to a couple games with that lineup.

Could be interesting; i'll go to a couple games with that lineup.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Perkins - C
    Garnett - PF
    Pierce - SF
    Allen - SG
    Rondo - PG

I've been pretty fascinated with the C's moves so far, and they've made for great internet chatter this summer-
    You might as well go to Gerald Green's crib every morning and undermine his self-esteem with insensitive comments! That dude is going to be conducting a long-distance relationship...with the fucking basketball! And let's not even get started on what Allen's New England homecoming means to everyone else. Ryan Gomes might as well change his listed position to "I SET FUCKING PICKS. IT'S ABOUT AS FUN AS IT SOUNDS."
    http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2007/07/upgrade-u-i-met-gin-soaked-bar-room.html

The Celtics would be expected to contend for an NBA Finals berth right away if the trade goes through, no matter what they put around that trio, after Cleveland advanced to the Finals in June with not even a clear-cut second star next to LeBron James.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It's gonna be like Jamal Mashburn, Jason Kidd, and Jim Jackson if this happens.
    I approve!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Who will be the '07 Toni Braxton?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The Celtics would be expected to contend for an NBA Finals berth right away if the trade goes through, no matter what they put around that trio, after Cleveland advanced to the Finals in June with not even a clear-cut second star next to LeBron James.

Chemistry doesn't develop from nothing to championship in one season, I don't care who you have on your team. And I know you know this and you were just quoting... Does anybody really think the East will be as shabby as it was this past season? I think teams will step up more and challenge the title a bit more than they did. But out of everyone, I just don't see a team with zero chemistry together knocking out Chicago, Detroit, etc. in the playoffs. Even if it did happen last season. But really, the Cavs had chemistry.

I didn't know about that until I googled it just now. haha.

Chemistry doesn't develop from nothing to championship in one season, I don't care who you have on your team. And I know you know this and you were just quoting... Does anybody really think the East will be as shabby as it was this past season? I think teams will step up more and challenge the title a bit more than they did. But out of everyone, I just don't see a team with zero chemistry together knocking out Chicago, Detroit, etc. in the playoffs. Even if it did happen last season. But really, the Cavs had chemistry.

A weak Wizards team/No Nenad Nets/Detroit implosion > Cavs "chemistry".

I agree that chemistry or as the Telepath calls SYNERGY is important.

Ill also say that Ray Allen & Garnett are some selfless professionals who could adapt(around Pierce) faster than some primadonna.

The East is still an open bag. Shit, most of us didnt see Detroit gettin knocked the fuck out, by a one man team.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Does anybody really think the East will be as shabby as it was this past season? I think teams will step up more and challenge the title a bit more than they did. But out of everyone, I just don't see a team with zero chemistry together knocking out Chicago, Detroit, etc. in the playoffs. Even if it did happen last season. But really, the Cavs had chemistry.
    I think when you ask that question, the only relative comparison you have is against the west. Unfortunately, I don't think the East has made the moves and acquisitions on par with what some of the Western teams have done thus far in the offseason, and comparatively will suck just as much as last season. Really though: crappy teams like the Sonics and Portland are now possibly playoff bound. The same cannot be said for many of the teams in the East.

Really though: crappy teams like the Sonics and Portland are now possibly playoff bound.

Just curious. Who were some notable rookies as of late that took a losing team into the playoffs?

Really though: crappy teams like the Sonics and Portland are now possibly playoff bound.

Just curious. Who were some notable rookies as of late that took a losing team into the playoffs?

Carmelo

From 17-65 to 43-39 and the playoffs

Carmelo

true.

Carmelo

true.

I dont see Portland or Seattle in the playoffs this up coming season.

Carmelo

true.

Me neither--whose spot are they going to take?

Carmelo

true.

Tracy McGrady's Boo-hooin' might drive Houston heart out their position.
    And dont they have a new coach?

Carmelo

true.

Tracy McGrady's Boo-hooin' might drive Houston heart out their position.
    And dont they have a new coach?

More realistically, the Lakers.

Hey Batmon, IF if the Lakers get J.O. will you be rooting for Los Angeles?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

Carmelo

true.

I dont think seattle has a chance but portland might surprise folks. its just going to get a whole lot harder as you just cant write off those 2 teams as W's on the schedule.

If this celtics trade is even remotely true i guess the Dubs can say nogo on KG, at least theres the chance of drew gooden in the bay area.

Hey Batmon, IF if the Lakers get J.O. will you be rooting for Los Angeles?

Never.

But Id like to see Jermaine & Kobe "combinate".

I dont think seattle has a chance but portland might surprise folks. its just going to get a whole lot harder as you just cant write off those 2 teams as W's on the schedule.

Portland has a whole new team and Golden State squaeked into the playoffs. And they'll have a new swagger.

Portland at the 6/7/8th spot - Im not seein that.

Lamar Odom is too soft for the East.

Lamar Odom is too soft for the East.

He's kinda soft, but he usually finds his spot on any team.