NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Denver didn't solve their biggest issue yet really, but I am hoping for a great season and better success in the playoffs. More chemistry developing with the stars and the rest of the team, stronger contribution from the bench, better team defense. Better perimeter shooting is what we lack, and I guess we're now relying on Chucky Atkins to help change that. He could fit better on this team than any team he's been on yet. We'll see. Season can't fuckin' get here fast enough, that's for sure.

Is Chuky Atkins that much better than Steve Blake?
    And where does that place JR Smith?
    Nene HAS to breakout this season.

All of those players are mediocre at best. And they won't provide you with much in the long-run.

They can't all be Kobe, yuichi. Atkins will be better for Denver than he was for LA. You're retarded if you think Nene isn't going to do anything. I can't wait to watch him shit on the Lakers next season.

I will agree that JR is somewhat mediocre but only because of his inconsistency and lack of defense. When he's on, he's pretty unstopable offensively cuz he can shoot, he can drive, and he's extremely athletic and can jump out the building.

I'll look forward to Nene becoming a "beast".

This is where I have a problem..." only because of his inconsistency and lack of defense". Mike Miller can shoot the lights out too, but I wouldn't want him on my team if we're planning to win a championship.

Yeah, uh, yuichi, I agreed that JR is mediocre. WHAT MORE DO U WANT FROM ME SCIENTIST?!?

By CA I meant Atkins. Melo is a definite starter.

OHH haha sorry. Yeah you may be right. I don't know enough about Atkins to compare his inconsistencies to JR, so I'll take your word for it, for now. I do like JR in the starting five and I honestly prefer AI at PG rather than SG, but I think the best way to spread the talent is to keep JR on the bench for that spark. With Atkins in as a starter, all he has to do is dish and take some shots when the pressure starts getting to AI/Melo/Nene. With Atkins coming off the bench, you have a slightly less energetic/athletic team on the floor when the subs come in, which could allow for powerful offenses to take over a game while the stars are resting. I think JR can hold it down and lead a bit when he's in with the subs, at least he did well with that last season, which is why Karl kept him coming off the bench.

You should. This time next year you'll be wishing you could trade for him.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

You should. This time next year you'll be wishing you could trade for him.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, since I've barely watched him!

• Nene showed some signs in that Spurs series. He has the potential. He's gotta be healthy and show some consistency. Baby steps. Beast might be a stretch. Maybe beastly in stretches.

Nene showed some signs in that Spurs series. He has the potential. He's gotta be healthy and show some consistency. Baby steps. Beast might be a stretch. Maybe beastly in stretches.

You saw him in maybe 5 games. I ain't gonna say too much, just that we'll see. Let's just say next season he will be hard to stop. He's developed a real nice low post game. He can take just about anybody down there and score on them. Usually dunk on them. He's developed some finesse though, slimmed down, quickened up, and just gotten better all around. Playing with Brazil this summer should be helping him stay in shape as well. I'm excited to see what he can do for the Nugs. Maybe our ideas of "beastly" differ. But we'll see. I like to see Dirk try and get in there and stop him down low! Haha.

• Nene showed some signs in that Spurs series. He has the potential. He's gotta be healthy and show some consistency. Baby steps. Beast might be a stretch. Maybe beastly in stretches.

You saw him in maybe 5 games. I ain't gonna say too much, just that we'll see. Let's just say next season he will be hard to stop. He's developed a real nice low post game. He can take just about anybody down there and score on them. Usually dunk on them. He's developed some finesse though, slimmed down, quickened up, and just gotten better all around. Playing with Brazil this summer should be helping him stay in shape as well. I'm excited to see what he can do for the Nugs. Maybe our ideas of "beastly" differ. But we'll see. I like to see Dirk try and get in there and stop him down low! Haha.

I saw him in a lot more than 5 games. I was mentioning the fact that he elevated his play in that series.

Sigh. It's cool y'all muhfucks gotta bring Dirk into everything y'all type to hype up yr own dudes.

Get hype, that's your team, but let's see dude play and contribute for a whole season is all I'm saying.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Yeah, uh, yuichi, I agreed that JR is mediocre. WHAT MORE DO U WANT FROM ME SCIENTIST?!?

he wants a signed admission from you stating that kwame brown will be from this point onward, the benchmark of "beastly".

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Sigh. It's cool y'all muhfucks gotta bring Dirk into everything y'all type to hype up yr own dudes.

GP....you gotta understand...

Dirk is the MVP...he's the benchmark for all NBA players.

Haha, yeah I am just trying to get you riled up. And you know this!

And Nene will contribute all season, just like he did last season (~25 mins/game, ~12pts/7rebs/1blk during his "comeback" season ain't bad), but more (I see him possibly averaging a double double next year). Long as he don't get hurt, but that's any player in the league.

he wants a signed admission from you stating that kwame brown will be from this point onward, the benchmark of "beastly".

What kind of beast is Kwame, one that hibernates from Fall until Summer?

• Haha, yeah I am just trying to get you riled up. And you know this!

And Nene will contribute all season, just like he did last season (~25 mins/game, ~12pts/7rebs/1blk during his "comeback" season ain't bad), but more (I see him possibly averaging a double double next year). Long as he don't get hurt, but that's any player in the league.

I'm telling you...I'm a fan of his game. I wish him well. Is Camby coming back? It'd be tough for Nene to go double/double alongside Marcus.

Haha, yeah I am just trying to get you riled up. And you know this!

I'm telling you...I'm a fan of his game. I wish him well. Is Camby coming back? It'd be tough for Nene to go double/double alongside Marcus.

I hear ya, but he was already at 7 boards a game playing only 25 minutes, so I don't see why not. He should be getting more minutes and starting more often next season. Marcus will be here, please believe. That's the Captain, I hope he stays with us until he retires.

In all honesty, I really hope to see some fire in Dirk's eyes next year while we're on the subject of pulling for players.

The big wild card for me is Kenyon. I keep forgetting we have his expensive ass. He could still be a factor, but I see him coming off the bench for Nene.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The big wild card for me is Kenyon. I keep forgetting we have his expensive ass. He could still be a factor, but I see him coming off the bench for Nene.

Shit if Karl wanted to exp -

Camby - 5
    Nene - 4
    Martin - 3
    Melo - 2
    A.I. - 1

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Who's still out there worth a fuck in the Free Agent world?

The Free Agent movement this OOf season has been kind weak.

The Knicks got "better".
    The Suns....gain a vet, but lose a classic bigman who can make his own jump shot.
    Gerald Wallace stays put.
    Micheal Pietris stays put.

Chris Webber making noise about Dallas.

What say GP and Rockadelic?

• What say GP and Rockadelic?

Conflicted.

Not really down but I don't get paid to run an NBA team.

The Kings were our biggest rival/stumbling block in the early decade. Got some lingering hate behind that.

Webber, at this point, is on some ole Karl Malone "Hop aboard and get a ring real quicklike" Shit.

Webber, at this point, is on some ole Karl Malone "Hop aboard and get a ring real quicklike" Shit.

Signing with Detroit was a good look; jumping ship now would be an indefensibly bad one.

Signing with Detroit was a good like; jumping ship now would be an indefensibly bad one.

Co-sign. I guess he feels like the ship is sinkin.

Camby - 5
    Nene - 4
    Martin - 3
    Melo - 2[/b]
    A.I. - 1

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Camby - 5
    Nene - 4
    Martin - 3
    Melo - 2[/b]
    A.I. - 1

Is K-Mart making a comeback this season?

Camby - 5
    Nene - 4
    Martin - 3
    Melo - 2[/b]
    A.I. - 1

Supposedly--after surgery on both knees. Does anyone really expect him to be a factor?

His surly personality was much more charming back when he was actually good.

He should be totally rehabbed at this point. He's a better scorer than Nene/Camby but is a headcase.
    If he maintains and is cool w/ swapping minutes w/ the other 2 cats, shit could work.
    He could play the 4 w/ Nene at the 5. Or along side Camby when they wanna run-n-gun.
    Dude at one point was an elite Power Forward in the L.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

He should be totally rehabbed at this point. He's a better scorer than Nene/Camby but is a headcase.
    If he maintains and is cool w/ swapping minutes w/ the other 2 cats, shit could work.
    He could play the 4 w/ Nene at the 5. Or along side Camby when they wanna run-n-gun.
    Dude at one point was an elite Power Forward in the L.

Yes, precisely. He's had a full year for rehab. And if he plays limited minutes, he should hold up just fine. The dude is a baller for real. The personality thing has always been his issue with our team. He wanted to be the star. 2 seasons ago he even got benched for arguing with the coach and they were grasping at straws trying to find a way to get rid of his ass. We really stepped into the fire with this guy. Talent-wise, he's a monster (or, was). We'll see what happens with him. That's the biggest question mark in Denver now that all the Camby trade talk has died down. He was definitely an elite PF when he played for Jersey. He was a lot of fun to watch back then. He did kinda turn into a slug with Denver. However, when he felt like playing, you could see he still had it.

"I got the label of being a butthole to people"

I got the label of being a butthole to people

--temporary! that is too much.

ouch. Troy Hudson's album: 78 copies sold nationwide. I think Ron Artest sold more.
    http://mvn.com/nba-timberwolves/2007/07/27/troy-hudson-sold-78-cds/

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    ouch. Troy Hudson's album: 78 copies sold nationwide. I think Ron Artest sold more.
    http://mvn.com/nba-timberwolves/2007/07/27/troy-hudson-sold-78-cds/

I heard he did a track with Lil Weezy called "A brother from another mother".

Smush Parker to the Heat.

Power movements!

Wade isn't seeing the second round again until they get out from under Shaq's contract.