NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    www.nypost.com

Hey, look who's court that is in the picture.

We'll take our ring now, please.

that's funny, I always make the comment to my friends when the refs are calling too many bullshit fouls on one team in a game that it's the mafia taking control. i never thought that was real though, shit.

When will we see this shit reinacted on some TV Cop/Law & Order type show?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    www.nypost.com

Hey, look who's court that is in the picture.

We'll take our ring now, please.

that's funny, I always make the comment to my friends when the refs are calling too many bullshit fouls on one team in a game that it's the mafia taking control. i never thought that was real though, shit.

When will we see this shit reinacted on some TV Cop/Law & Order type show?

Sopranos made for TV spin-off about sports betting in 2009?

• The rumored dirty ref: Tim Donaghy

Did not work Mavs/Heat. Dammit!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    How about this trade:

Kurt Thomas and two future first-round picks for...

Nothing!

Nice move by the Sonics.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The rumored dirty ref: Tim Donaghy

• The rumored dirty ref: Tim Donaghy

Looks like he's lookin for Guido in the stands.....and worried about it.

How about this trade:

Kurt Thomas and two future first-round picks for...

Nothing!

Nice move by the Sonics.

There's no one on the Sonics that would help the Suns anyway.

• Funny, Mark Cuban has been preaching about ref accountability for years to deaf ears. Like he's crazy or something. Meanwhile, Herr Stern focuses on plastic balls and baggy jeans and Mitchell & Ness jerseys. This scandal could be a real black eye for the league. On Stern's watch, no less.

Funny, Mark Cuban has been preaching about ref accountability for years to deaf ears. Like he's crazy or something. Meanwhile, Herr Stern focuses on plastic balls and baggy jeans and Mitchell & Ness jerseys. This scandal could be a real black eye for the league. On Stern's watch, no less.

I dont think it wil have the same impact as "The Brawl" though.

Cuban was tryin to highlight the refs but I dont think he was anywhere near some ole "Shaving" shit.

Cats were "Foamin @ the Mouf"?? when Pete Rose got caught.

Gambling long has been a problem in sports, and leagues have made a point of educating players of the potential pitfalls. The NBA, for example, discusses gambling at rookie orientation, even bringing in former mobster Michael Franceze to speak.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

A GOOD LOOK x infinity.

I JUST BUSTED A NUT. THANK YOU BATMON. This Getty Images seems like a great resource.

I JUST BUSTED A NUT.

Alright dudes. Please don't clown me too much for this. But I figured I'll just start a basketball-specific blog. Pretty basic and my writing ain't that great, but i guess it's a start. I'm gonna try to update at least once a week. Here's the link if you care at all: Rise Above

Alright dudes. Please don't clown me too much for this. But I figured I'll just start a basketball-specific blog. Pretty basic and my writing ain't that great, but i guess it's a start. I'm gonna try to update at least once a week. Here's the link if you care at all: Rise Above

That's Cool.....

You better pay attention to the entire L.

Nice, man. Looking forward to updates throughout the season. Although, I hope this doesn't mean you'll be poasting about music on here more often. You know, keep those priorities in check.

Donaghy Receiving Death Threats

Several friends in Cape May, N.J., where his parents summer, said Donaghy's co-workers grew suspicious of his behavior about three years ago, when he would offer to trade free tickets to certain games with some refs in exchange for others - and then suddenly renege.

"He just started screwing them," one friend said. "Tickets started going missing, misplaced . . . It was no longer, 'Hey, Tim's kind of an a- - hole.' It became, 'Tim is f- - - ing with the NBA.' And that's when they stopped trusting him completely."

Retired dentist John Minutella of West Chester, Pa., where Donaghy grew up and worked at a golf course, recounted a horrific prank Donaghy pulled on him 10 years ago, when the embattled ref put a dead bird in his golf bag. Minutella found the maggot-infested carcass 24 hours later.

"Nobody wanted to play golf with him," said Minutella, 64. " I can't say one nice thing about him. I believe this guy was almost soulless."

Damn, how likely is it this dude gets hit??

Damn, how likely is it this dude gets hit??

Unlikely....Dude is being Probed like a mofo. Unless Stern calls it in.

I heard something about the possibility of other refs and/or players who may be involved? Names will be dropped outta Tim D's mouth, but I seriously hope it's nobody else internal like that.

I heard something about the possibility of other refs and/or players who may be involved? Names will be dropped outta Tim D's mouth, but I seriously hope it's nobody else internal like that.

The Nba/media talmbout "its only one dude".......GTFOHWTB.

Gambling and Sports is like Todd Bridges & Dana Plato.

That's Cool.....

You better pay attention to the entire L.

Yea, Imma try to. Maybe even watch some New York games.
    we'll see.

Nice, man. Looking forward to updates throughout the season. Although, I hope this doesn't mean you'll be poasting about music on here more often. You know, keep those priorities in check.

Fo sho. Don't worry, I'm gonna keep posting here.

Fo sho. Don't worry, I'm gonna keep posting here.

Right, and now you'll have blog references to back up the Science, perfect!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

my old roommate's cousin is Bob Delaney. I will try to see if i can pull any inside info, although given Delaney's history (donnie brasko !!!!)...he may have been the one to out the ref.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Retired dentist John Minutella of West Chester, Pa.,

Lol, Thats my old dentist.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    what do people think about phx letting go of kurt thomas? seems like a money/salary cap thing, mostly...but wasn't he their best low-post defender? who will guard duncan or boozer or yao???