DON'T STEP ON MY AIR JORDANS!!!!

Comments

• A shoe like the Dunk is a classic.

i don't think so. it was around in the early and mid 80s, took 15 years off, and then resurfaced as a retro in around '01 or so and only got hyped when the skater versions, sbs, took off. the hype is over and they aren't the same classic fit as the af1. i doubt if you will see any dunks in a few years.

• A shoe like the Dunk is a classic.

i don't think so. it was around in the early and mid 80s, took 15 years off, and then resurfaced as a retro in around '01 or so and only got hyped when the skater versions, sbs, took off. the hype is over and they aren't the same classic fit as the af1. i doubt if you will see any dunks in a few years.

I disagree. Dunks are classic. The Jordan 1 was modeled after the dunk and the Jordan 1 pretty much set off the Nike collectro game. No way is the Dunk not a classic sneaker.

• jordan 1s are boring. also, if the shape/style of dunks had anything to do with that shoe being popular, i'm sure the smart guys at nike would have been pumping out dunks like crazy during the late 80s and 90s.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    I came VERY close to buying my first EVER pair of Nike's last week ...sweet sweet Air Max's

but i copped 3 pairs of New Balance instead... and still had money left over.

• Options

A shoe like the Dunk is a classic.

Retros came in '98, I've got Syracuse and Michigan joints from then (bought later though). Also have a photo on my fridge of a sneaker shop in Japan that I was in back then that have UNLV and Georgetown's on the wall, but you need an eagle eye to pick them out.

I also agree that they're classics, just not the lows. I don't think they'll go away either, but they'll definitely wane a lot more. Other styles are already starting to gain more notice, which is great in my opinion.

ANY UK HEADS please read this. I want to get a pair of the new Windrunner's in black/yellow from JD Sports but they don't ship to the USA. Can anyone across the pond help me out? PM please.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

A shoe like the Dunk is a classic.

i don't think so. it was around in the early and mid 80s, took 15 years off

And?

• Options
    Also have a photo on my fridge of a sneaker shop in Japan that I was in back then that have UNLV and Georgetown's on the wall, but you need an eagle eye to pick them out.

Here's that photo...they're right above the yellow 10% off sign. This place was a gold mine, but all I came back with was a pair of Adidas Forest Hills white with metallic gold stripe and yellow sole. Roppongi '98.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i went into my storage unit yesterday to pull some records to sell, and i decided to check some other boxes to see what were in them. inside were my shoe collection.

totally weird because i forgot all about them and what i had. it was like going through someone else's storage unit and finding all kinds of grails and shit.

each time i pulled shoes out of their boxes was like "i had these?"

like pulling sealed topics lps, but deadstock laser desmond dunks.

i'll take some pics next visit and post them later...

• Also have a photo on my fridge of a sneaker shop in Japan that I was in back then that have UNLV and Georgetown's on the wall, but you need an eagle eye to pick them out.

Here's that photo...they're right above the yellow 10% off sign. This place was a gold mine, but all I came back with was a pair of Adidas Forest Hills white with metallic gold stripe and yellow sole. Roppongi '98.

Nothing better than sneaker spots in Asia!

I came back with was a pair of Adidas Forest Hills white with metallic gold stripe and yellow sole.

• HamHam 872 Posts

I heard next year, nike is going to relaunch dunks. similiar to how the air force one had it's 25 year anniversary this year (or was it last year?) anyway, there's gonna be hella dunks everywhere

I heard next year, nike is going to relaunch dunks. similiar to how the air force one had it's 25 year anniversary this year (or was it last year?) anyway, there's gonna be hella dunks everywhere

I think its stricktly the OG College team colorways and not the Retro Dummy stuff.....I hope.

I need the St. Johns/Michigan/'Cuse joints.....w/REAL leather, not this fake bullshit the Retros are made of.

• Yeah I think it's the 20th anniversary of the Dunk next year, I think I might have posted the proposed anniversary releases in this thread somewhere, most of them were ugly. There were at least a couple pairs of simple 2 color joints, and not enough highs.

20th Anniversary Dunk apparel:

Bo Jackson Dunks (unrelated to 20th anniv.):

These are modeled after the Bo Trainers and the Bo Trainer Max 91's from way back. Just some dunk highs, not too crazy, I kinda like 'em. I don't sport a lot of green or yellow, but they look OK.

Jason Voorhies Dunk High:

Maybe not the hottest show, but certainly killing the Freddy Kruegers...

Jason Voorhies Dunk High:

Maybe not the hottest show, but certainly killing the Freddy Kruegers...

Are they gonna cost more because of the SB thang?

• Man, I want OG georgetowns. I was outbid on a pair last year that went for CHEAP. I was mad about it. They were from a legit seller too. IU don't think the 20th anniv. stuff I came across looked like OG sets at all. They were kinda suspect, actually. Hopefully those weren't the anniversary packs I saw...

• Yeah, I'm sure the SB tag will put them up around $135-150. SumBitch.

You like Yellow huh?

White Undercover Cop In the Hood Steez.....

• ha, yea, although the yellow midsole might be a deal breaker now that i give 'em a second look.

i've been wearing these the past few months to play hoops....

I saw a teenage girl rockin' some Air Force 2 Highs in the "Barkley" colorway this morning.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    The Co.Jp City Attack Dunk Hi's from around 99 were amazing, simple colorways but more than just the standard collegiate colors. I would kill for a pair of the metallic purple/black hi tops.

Speaking of AF2's, I'm wearing these today, classic Jordan colorway:

• I was never a big fan of the AF2. I don't like the plastic around the back and they seem to run a bit small. I have a pair of white with red lows in a 10.5 that would probably fit somebody who normally wears a 10. Unworn, but without a box (I got them at Nordstrom Rack so they are real). If anybody wants them, $30+shipping and they're yours, just holler.

• Bo Jackson Dunks (unrelated to 20th anniv.):

These are modeled after the Bo Trainers and the Bo Trainer Max 91's from way back. Just some dunk highs, not too crazy, I kinda like 'em. I don't sport a lot of green or yellow, but they look OK.

I can get with these..always loved those Bo Jackson Trainers..i'd like to find a pair of those. The Raiders colors Bo Jackson's(not that model Trainer) were dope, too.

I was never a big fan of the AF2.

I agree, but to see them on a teenage girl who most likely would be wearing some AirMax or Dunks it was refreshing.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I can't speak for outside sydney but dunks and air force ones are the shoes of choice for all the rnb club crowd and the trendy hypebeast kids. To a lesser degree bapes are up in there. Anyone with a clue about sneakers are rockin air max ones 90s and Jordans. Vans are big with the whole indy pop and skater crowd. Mainly Japanese cats rock new balance. I think its just the crazy amount of colour ways for the dunks and air force and the simple shapes that keep them alive.

Anyone with a clue about sneakers are rockin Jordans.

This is exactly the opposite here.

• Options
    I can't speak for outside sydney but dunks and air force ones are the shoes of choice for all the rnb club crowd and the trendy hypebeast kids. To a lesser degree bapes are up in there. Anyone with a clue about sneakers are rockin air max ones 90s and Jordans. Vans are big with the whole indy pop and skater crowd. Mainly Japanese cats rock new balance. I think its just the crazy amount of colour ways for the dunks and air force and the simple shapes that keep them alive.

After every sentence I looked at your avatar and wondered what it would sound like if she said it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

20th Anniversary Dunk apparel:

Maybe it's just me, but I find t-shirts with shoes on them to be incredibly corny. Now, if it was a tee with Little Penny on it or something, I would rock that shit proudly.

• You're incredibly corny though, so maybe it would be a good look for you? I don't know.

No but really, I mainly posted that cuz it has OG colorways on the shirts, which gives hope for them re-releasing those colorways next year.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Aren't those the shirts that were released with the Be True To Your School SB's a couple of years ago, not new ones??