NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Baron Davis

Josh Howard

Yeah lets do this.

U said this last year. Lets do this now before the playoffs thread.

Don Nelson > Avery Johnson
    Baron Davis > Jason Terry
    Monte Ellis > Devin Harris Harris is the better defender
    Josh Howard > Jason Richardson but not in scoring. Josh better all around player
    Dirk > whomever they put at the 4. Harrington & Jackson it depends on strategy
    Biendris > Dampier

Dallas plays better Defense but Nelson is a st8 monkey wrench coach.
    Dallas bench > Warriors bench

X-Factors.......u make the call.
    Golden State is gonna have to learn what the Playoffs are like real fast.
    Dallas is can/will handle the pressure this time around.

• Monta Ellis is good but he is NOT better than Devin Harris.

Devin Harris may be the best defensive guard in the league.

• GB......I got a bill each on Mavs and Spurs. You down to back up them bold predicts?

We can do raers if you want.

Monta Ellis is good but he is NOT better than Devin Harris.

Did Harris guard Ellis in the regular season sweep? Or was Harris injured?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    GB......I got a bill each on Mavs and Spurs. You down to back up them bold predicts?

I don't bet or gamble at all, it's not my thing, but I'll put something up for one of those series'. You dig jazz? I could maybe put up a semi-raer in that category. I don't have a ton of super rares. And I don't have extra scratch right now (saving to buy a place). Let me know.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    Playoff prediction time?

Chi stands a good chance against Miami this year. Wade ain't the same Wade as last year. I would not be surprised to see the Bulls take the Heat. Should be a decent series either way. Chicago in 7.

The Wizrds are just sad. Making it to the playoffs without Arenas and Butler being able to play is just a huge tease for them. They will not pass round 1. I was really interested in seeing a healthy Arenas/Butler/Jameson scoring storm in the playoffs this year. Cavs in 5.

Nets/Raptors will be a great series. I say the Raptors take it. Jefferson ain't taking the Nets through the first round, Kidd and Carter are tired. I don't know. Anything could happen there but I think Toronto is hungrier. toronto in 7.

Orlando doens't stand a chance against the DP. However, it will be worth watching to see Howard bring it. That guy's a beast. The Pistons swept the Magic in the regular season. Pistons in 5.

The West is gonna be pretty good this year. Dallas will be the big target. Golden State has their number (congrats, Warriors). That will be a great series. Warriors in 7. (Yeah, that just happened)

Phoenix/Lakers again, we'll see if Kobe can pull through it this time. I doubt it. Phoenix in 6.

San Antonio will be tough, but I got to call it for my folks on this one. Denver in 7.

I really can't call the Houston/Utah series. I'll take a wild guess and say Houston in 6.

I totally agree with you about the eastern conference.
    Here's mine for the west :

Dallas-Golden State : Dallas in 6
    Houston-Utah : Utah in 7
    Phoenix-Los Angeles : Phoenix in 6
    San Antonio-Denver : San Antonio in 6

• GB......I got a bill each on Mavs and Spurs. You down to back up them bold predicts?

I don't bet or gamble at all, it's not my thing, but I'll put something up for one of those series'. You dig jazz? I could maybe put up a semi-raer in that category. I don't have a ton of super rares. And I don't have extra scratch right now (saving to buy a place). Let me know.

Naw fuggit dood. I don't really gamble either. This board puts me to the test and I get all puffy like "WHAT?!". Good luck on your picks but I can't see either Dallas or SA going out in the first round.

Chi stands a good chance against Miami this year. Wade ain't the same Wade as last year. I would not be surprised to see the Bulls take the Heat. Should be a decent series either way. Chicago in 7.

Sleeping on Wade is

Man I dunno and I'm not quite sure how that's relevant (individual stat matchups vs. team success). I'm not hating on Ellis either cos I love his game and find him a hot-shot young talent. His scoring #s are better than Devin, that's for sure.

I'm kinda expecting a Devin Harris coming-out-party in this year's playoffs. He had flashes last year but we need to see him do it consistently this year.

Man I dunno and I'm not quite sure how that's relevant (individual stat matchups vs. team success).

In a half court/man to man set, players are given assignments right? Or will Dallas play zone for 48minutes?
    U cant sweep matchups under the rug.

• Detroit over Orlando in 5 (but this is probably a sweep)
    Cavs over 'Zards in 4 (not even close)
    Nets over Raptors in 7 (man this is a tough one but I'll go w/ the vets)
    Heat over Bulls in 7 (Bulls can definitely do this. I'm not sleeping on Wade)

Mavs over Warriors in 5 (could go 6, won't go 7)
    Spurs over Nugs in 6 (best team in the league over the second half? spurs, i mean)
    Suns over Lakers in 5 (could be a sweep. sorry Yuichi but I have to go off what I've seen from the Lakers recently and it hasn't been too promising)

Rockets over Jazz in 7 (I expect this to be the most competitive series of the first round.)

Second round is where it gets good.

Man I dunno and I'm not quite sure how that's relevant (individual stat matchups vs. team success).

In a half court/man to man set, players are given assignments right? Or will Dallas play zone for 48minutes?

Nor did I mean to. I thought (perhaps incorrectly) you were drawing a line.....Warriors over Mavs 3 times means Ellis over Harris and I wasn't feeling that.

We can agree that they're both very promising young guards w/ bright futures.

You seem to think all the matchups favor G-State, do you see them taking the series? (no snark)

Nor did I mean to. I thought (perhaps incorrectly) you were drawing a line.....Warriors over Mavs 3 times means Ellis over Harris and I wasn't feeling that.

We can agree that they're both very promising young guards w/ bright futures.

You seem to think all the matchups favor G-State, do you see them taking the series? (no snark)

Ive got Dallas winning the whole thing, but Golden State should make the story more dramatic.
    My ex Pacers are gonna be doin it for the Warriors.

• Congrats G-Dub fans.

13 years too long. A friend and I went to the game hoping the Blazers would play the spoiler role. Naw, too banged up.

Hope y'all do well against the Mavs.

Blazer fans.....just sit back and enjoy the off season. We have a 40% chance on getting one of the first two picks in the lotto. We all know the worst teams with the best chances never get in the top two....so I feel good.

And best of all Zach will be traded. I have no doubt in my mind that the fat fuck will be outta town by the end of July.

Oh....by the way have any of you seen Darius Miles? He was at the Rose Garden for the final game of the season. Kid looks like he's gained 40 pounds!?! He looked like Zach with cornrows. Heard he had a Rick Ross style beard...but shaved it off a few days ago.

Word is we are gonna buy out the rest of his contract and cut him.

Anyway, back on topic........NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!

• Yes, it would appear Zach Randolph is not the dude to build a franchise around.

Sleeping on Wade is

I'm not sleeping, I just don't think he'll be as tough with his recent surgery. He'll be tough, but I think not AS tough as last year and I think Chi has developed a lot since last year's playoffs. We shall see.

I often go for the underdogs, in case you didn't notice.

• Yessir...

Guy is fools gold. On paper he puts up big numbers. On the court he hurts the team more then he helps it...no D, slow, cant jump and always is good for a key turnover.

Not a surprise that no team is interested in him.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Warriors in seven.

Warriors in two and a half. Somehow, Nelly will make it happen.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Warriors in seven.

dont be surprised to see jrich, baron, monta, stephen jackson and pietrius all on the floor at the same time!

Warriors in seven.

dont be surprised to see jrich, baron, monta, stephen jackson and pietrius all on the floor at the same time!
    That's the super small ball lineup!!!

Small Ball Lineup
    C - Harrington
    PF - Jackson
    SF - Richardson
    SG - Ellis
    PG - Davis

Conventional:
    C- Biendris
    PF - Harrington
    SF - Jackson
    SG - Richardson
    PG - Davis

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Warriors in seven.

Small Ball Lineup
    C - Harrington
    PF - Jackson
    SF - Richardson
    SG - Ellis
    PG - Davis

Conventional:
    C- Biendris
    PF - Harrington
    SF - Jackson
    SG - Richardson
    PG - Davis

ever heard of Point-Center!!! nellie the master of match ups! let the opposition deal with it!

Warriors in seven.

Small Ball Lineup
    C - Harrington
    PF - Jackson
    SF - Richardson
    SG - Ellis
    PG - Davis

Conventional:
    C- Biendris
    PF - Harrington
    SF - Jackson
    SG - Richardson
    PG - Davis

ever heard of Point-Center!!! nellie the master of match ups! let the opposition deal with it!

Chris Webber

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Warriors in seven.

No way, this won't go the distance. Warriors in Six.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Phoenix-Los Angeles : Phoenix in 6

I hope the giant that is Los Angeles will wake up soon.

• GBs and Yuichi, I'ma have to do you bad once yr wild-ass predictions are rendered incorrect. Just fair warning.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Orlando doens't stand a chance against the DP. However, it will be worth watching to see Howard bring it. That guy's a beast. The Pistons swept the Magic in the regular season. Pistons in 5.

As a Magic fan, I'm finding it difficult to root for 'em, since I spent the entire season hoping they would tank enough so Brian Hill would get the axe. Now that they're in, I'm going to try my best and dream for the miracle upset.

GBs and Yuichi, I'ma have to do you bad once yr wild-ass predictions are rendered incorrect. Just fair warning.

When I go for the underdog, I am fully aware of the consequences.

Utah vs Houston

I cant call it.

I'm sayin', that's the toughest one to call. That's gonna be a pretty good series - except for the fact that I'm not really a fan of either team.

• Utah vs Houston

I cant call it.

Sayin. Should be a GREAT series.

Mac & Ming should break through though.