NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    by that rationale, neither dirk nor nash should win it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    by that rationale, neither dirk nor nash should win it.

Dirk is most likely winning a ring this year.

Who else in the league is worthy of this title?

Kobe- Without him, Lakers lose by 20 to Milwakee (4th worst record in the L).

Shaq- He's dominant, but the quality of centers is at an all-time low.

Lebron- Cavs would be VERY wack.

So who's your pick? and what's the reason?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Multiple Winners

6 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    5 - Michael Jordan
    5 - Bill Russell
    4 - Wilt Chamberlain
    3 - Larry Bird
    3 - Magic Johnson
    3 - Moses Malone

• Steve Nash is no defensive player by a long shot, and what has he won either?

Most think they're the top two candidates. Barring injury and mind-boggling collapse, he should get it this year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dirk should win. Nash's numbers are up. Dirk's teammates are really good.
    Terry/Harris/Howard are above average players. Stoudamire/The Matrix/Diaw are above average as well.

Fire Rick Carlyle.

I dont know if the Pacers get bumped. I dont know which would be more advantageous. The lottery or bumped in the first round.
    Right now this franchise is going through some real shit and I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Health, like the Lakers, has been a long standing issue. Whatever - Maybe Reggie will suit up just for a late season Playoff run.

• Dirk should win. Nash's numbers are up. Dirk's teammates are really good.
    Terry/Harris/Howard are above average players. Stoudamire/The Matrix/Diaw are above average as well.

Just for argument's sake:

Dirk = lone Dallas All-Star (Josh was tabbed as a fill-in)
    Nash = surrounded by two All-Stars (Amare and Marion)

Just saying.

Just saying.

True. But Josh shoulda been in, but fan-dummies are still giving votes to "popular guys" and not to dudes who get to the Finals. Amare didnt even play last year and came out the gate slow this season. So he's a two Month allstar - St8 nonsense.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    For all you hatters out there...

March 12, 2007

After Progress, an Extension for Knicks??? Thomas[/b]
    By HOWARD BECK

Isiah Thomas has survived his one-season ultimatum, with a month to spare. Thomas, the Knicks??? president and coach, will be given a multiyear extension today, according to a person briefed on the matter.

(read more, batches)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Just saying.

True. But Josh shoulda been in, but fan-dummies are still giving votes to "popular guys" and not to dudes who get to the Finals. Amare didnt even play last year and came out the gate slow this season. So he's a two Month allstar - St8 nonsense.

If you were Phoenix would you trade Amare for Josh??

Or Marion for Josh??

• If you were Phoenix would you trade Amare for Josh??

Or Marion for Josh??

Amare is a freak. End of story. Even w/ the knee ???s he's insane.

Marion though.....he only really blossomed as an offensive player with Nash. Watching him try to create his own offense is downright funny at times. Don't get me started on his shot....even though it is effective.

Josh can defend, slash, drive, pull up in the lane, pop it from three. I'd take him over Shawn Marion. But I'm biased.

Or Marion for Josh??

Marion though.....he only really blossomed as an offensive player with Nash. Watching him try to create his own offense is downright funny at times. Don't get me started on his shot....even though it is effective.

Josh can defend, slash, drive, pull up in the lane, pop it from three. I'd take him over Shawn Marion. But I'm biased.

Dude......I'm trying to make a point

But seriously, last year I don't think you could have gotten a single Sun fan to trade Boris Diaw for Josh straight up.

Dirk is MVP this year.....end of story.

Or Marion for Josh??

Dude......I'm trying to make a point

But seriously, last year I don't think you could have gotten a single Sun fan to trade Boris Diaw for Josh straight up.

Dirk is MVP this year.....end of story.

Of course The Suns wouldnt give up the Big Man for Josh. The Matrix does errythang he does. Bell is in the same family. Both teams have their unique chemisty for what they do. Dallas plays more Defense and so does Josh Howard.

Espn/NBA want us to debate this Fake MVP Race. It's so obvious its Dirk, but that's not "dramatic" enuff.

For all you hatters out there...
    March 12, 2007
    After Progress, an Extension for Knicks??? Thomas[/b]
    By HOWARD BECK

Isiah Thomas has survived his one-season ultimatum, with a month to spare. Thomas, the Knicks??? president and coach, will be given a multiyear extension today, according to a person briefed on the matter.
    (read more, batches)

Zeke is underated as a coach. Larry Bird pretty much hijacked the Pacers Finals team that Zeke improved after Larry Brown built it.

Dallas plays more Defense and so does Josh Howard.

Espn/NBA want us to debate this Fake MVP Race. It's so obvious its Dirk, but that's not "dramatic" enuff.

Truth and Truth

About 3 weeks ago Stephen A. Smith mentioned 3 possible MVP candidates......

And Dirk wasn't one of them!!!

Dallas plays more Defense and so does Josh Howard.

Truth and Truth

About 3 weeks ago Stephen A. Smith mentioned 3 possible MVP candidates......

And Dirk wasn't one of them!!!

Just Silly. Dudes just wanna act like they know something you dont.

LeBron James MVP GtfOhWtB!!!!

• Espn/NBA want us to debate this Fake MVP Race. It's so obvious its Dirk, but that's not "dramatic" enuff.

I had to read this about 5 times to make sure me or Rock didn't write it!

Right on!

I still don't think he's going to win it. The voters are wack. You watch.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Dirk has a better chance of getting it this year than he ever has before, that's for sure. I think he will get it because he's been in the spotlight throughout this run of 52-5 or whatever it is, so fans are gonna remember him come voting time, unless by some unimaginable mishap they lose the majority of the rest of their games (not likely).

I like how the Mavs still play with intensity when they are up by 32.

Anybody catch the Nugs/Kings game Sunday? My man Kleiza was killin' 'em. And which announcer kept calling Carmelo AI's sidekick?

Was at the Detroit game in Denver on Friday. I always forget how fuckin' mean Detroit fans are until this game every year. Some straight assholes for sure! Don't get me wrong either, one of them was a good friend of mine, he was the worst, standing, screaming, spilling beer on little kids, egging on other Detroit fans, it was hilarious. Sheed and C-Webb were handling shit. My nuggets got juggled (AYO).

Dirk has a better chance of getting it this year than he ever has before, that's for sure. I think he will get it because he's been in the spotlight throughout this run of 52-5 or whatever it is, so fans are gonna remember him come voting time, unless by some unimaginable mishap they lose the majority of the rest of their games (not likely).

Anybody catch the Nugs/Kings game Sunday? My man Kleiza was killin' 'em. And which announcer kept calling Carmelo AI's sidekick?

Was at the Detroit game in Denver on Friday. I always forget how fuckin' mean Detroit fans are until this game every year. Some straight assholes for sure! Don't get me wrong either, one of them was a good friend of mine, he was the worst, standing, screaming, spilling beer on little kids, egging on other Detroit fans, it was hilarious. Sheed and C-Webb were handling shit. My nuggets got juggled (AYO).

I dont think the fans vote for the MVP.

Yo G_B, How does Nene look?

There have certainly been more talented teams......but I have NEVER seen an NBA team play at the level of focus and intensity that Avery has this team at.

I'm thinking All-stars, sorry.
    Don't sports writers pick the MVP?
    Same deal. I think Dirk's been in the spotlight enough to stick.

Nene is looking like he's made a comeback. He's still missed a bunch of games this year but we've been seeing more often than not a Nene that we've expected to see when we signed him. He's gotten in shape, he's still strong as hell but he's much quicker (and thinner and more fit) than he was at the beginning of the season. His low post moves are getting stronger and better. I think he'll be back to 100% by the end of the season. I think next season he will be a threat to almost any team in the low post.

• i got tix for mondays game against the mavs, so lets hope they can keep this 3 game win streak alive.

Time for a new streak.....

Have fun at the game tonight man. GWS got waxed by 20, Mavs in a blowout...this has all the makings of a "trap game" for the Mavs.

Nene is looking like he's made a comeback. He's still missed a bunch of games this year but we've been seeing more often than not a Nene that we've expected to see when we signed him. He's gotten in shape, he's still strong as hell but he's much quicker (and thinner and more fit) than he was at the beginning of the season. His low post moves are getting stronger and better. I think he'll be back to 100% by the end of the season. I think next season he will be a threat to almost any team in the low post.

So w/ Kenyon Martin in the Mix next year, what is your proposed Front court?

C - Camby
    PF - Martin

w/ Nene filling in depending on fouls/matchups/lack of production?

i got tix for mondays game against the mavs, so lets hope they can keep this 3 game win streak alive.

Time for a new streak.....

Have fun at the game tonight man. GWS got waxed by 20, Mavs in a blowout...this has all the makings of a "trap game" for the Mavs.

No Baron Davis.

C - Camby
    PF - Martin

I'd trade Martin in a heartbeat if I could get ANY 1st round pick in the next draft which will be the deepest in years.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I always forget how fuckin' mean Detroit fans are until this game every year. Some straight assholes for sure! Don't get me wrong either, one of them was a good friend of mine, he was the worst, standing, screaming, spilling beer on little kids, egging on other Detroit fans, it was hilarious.

this is me at every knicks/pistons meeting @ msg. i invariably get into 3 fights with doods who arent happy with their team.. ehem ADG?

C - Camby
    PF - Martin

It's hard to say whether or not they will start KMart. I personally don't think so, not after missing about a year and a half. And if he does start, I don't see him playing more than 20 minutes a game for a while. Camby will remain at Center, and I think Nene deserves the start at PF. Nene can also sub Camby at Center so there are options. Evans/Najera come in for Melo, and they have flexibility with Smith, he's a shooting guard but can handle the small forward position. My five would be Blake/Iverson/Camby/Melo/Nene with Martin and Smith coming off the bench for Nene/Iverson. Najera/Evans can sub Melo and Nene/Camby and if it's Camby they can Rotate Nene to Center. Iverson averages 43 minutes a game, they can throw dermarr's worthless ass in for him if they need to.

The prospect of having a Kmart in this lineup with a healthy Nene and solid Camby is really exciting. Fast paced high scoring offense with a couple solid defenders and a strong presence in the low post. I hope they can put it all together this summer.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

C - Camby
    PF - Martin

I'd trade Martin in a heartbeat if I could get ANY 1st round pick in the next draft which will be the deepest in years.

He's got a max contract with, I think, four years left, doesn't he?

Not sure how many takers you'd get.

C - Camby
    PF - Martin

Yeah, but until Martin proves that he can still play basketball, nobody would want him. His salary is killin' us right now. I think we can try one more time to make it work with him.

And to think we traded TWO first round picks this year... Ugh.

I believe we signed him to a 6 year deal and we are currently in the third season of that.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I believe we signed him to a 6 year deal and we are currently in the third season of that.

It's definitely the third year, but I'm pretty sure it was a seven year deal... and it wouldn't surprise me if it was loaded towards the back-end, meaning the biggest years are yet to come.