Worst look EVAR!

1234568»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    anyone who did not score 18/18 on that test, please pm me so i can put you on my ignore list since you clearly are racist

• Posting that quiz does not equate to calling you a racist. Sorry to burst your bubble olde chap.
    This thread has reached ridiculous levels of asshurtedness and I am done.

Again, I wasn't talking to you. It was Faux that accused me of that shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not to take away from this intellectual discusion or anything, but brian, i went to this vn spot last weekend and they make their own sriracha! effen deelicious!
    fukkkk, i havent been to a vietnamese joint in a while. have you tried the sriacha that has like chili seeds in it and shit? i always wanna buy some when i see it but it looks like some anal rupturing shit

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    did you know a couple years ago there was a batch of bootleg sriracha on the market?

counterfeit hot sauce, asians will bootleg anything.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, what was it called? kriacha or some shit? i love the inventive naming of bootleg shit.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    man it was some really real bootleg shit. They used the same branding, logo, packaging, the whole nine.

People were complaining about crappy tasting sauces and were sending them back to the company as proof. The company tested them and found out they were bootlegs.

http://www.huyfong.com/same/counterfeit.htm

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    the sriracha i buy has a rooster on the bottle and i call it cock sauce.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Should this be part of a new "get on my level" graemlin?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts

I liked this taiwanese ad campaign a few years back...

This has become an inside joke amongst air conditioning technicians...

IMG SRC="http://www.heil-hvac.com/images/06hmn/H-topbar.jpg" WIDTH=800>

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    last night in college park i saw a girl rocking a shirt that just said "CUNT."

• My girlfriend has a shirt that says "Suck My Dick". She is Asian too.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

What the fuck is the point of a bunch of grown-ass men saying "fuck you" on the internet about racial issues every week?

I'm not the type who'll cross my legs and allow people to say,defend or rationalize racist shit in my presence ....especially when i'm in a majority white surrounding ...

it's like worrying about all the dudes that are saying nigger, faggot, wetback,kike, gook, broad, et cetera right now. Do you know how many people are sitting in their homes, offices, and cars, cursing a race, gender, or sexual orientation that is not theirs while I'm writing this?

Opening a business named 'Nigger King' is very different from some dude saying nigger in his living room .

I'm amazed how many people here make a living from black culture yet have little respect for the black race .

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Opening a business named 'Nigger King' is very different from some dude saying nigger in his living room .

Agreed, but is anyone on here--you included--having a dialogue with anyone involved in this business, or are you having quasi-discussions with people on this board about the store? We know that there is a guy somewhere saying it right now, should we start a thread for it? Furthermore is anyone on here having a dialog, or are people using this as a platform to practice habitual responses to familiar issues?

And in regards to
    I'm not the type who'll cross my legs and allow people to say,defend or rationalize racist shit in my online[/b] presence ....especially when i'm in a majority white surrounding ...

You choose to remain in the 'presence' of these comments by repeatedly clicking on this thread, so don't try and play the champion of virtue card. And, I don't think that anyone is trying to rationalize racism, but perhaps you are failing to see the fact that in this case the use of the word is not so cut-and-dry as someone uttering it to demean a population. The idea that language should be used under the impression that everyone has the same understanding of a word is ridiculous. Check my post with the link to the list of ethnic slurs from wikipedia. How many of those words get used everyday?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm amazed how many people here make a living from black culture yet have little respect for the black race .

This is new to you though? Just saying: love of black culture + general hate of black people = story of America.

I don't have much to add on a thread that has taken some bizarro turns enough that it's pointless to try to wade in on the original point except to add that the sign is a bad look regardless of cultural misunderstandings or not. I've seen some bad attempts at appropriating the English language in Taiwan and China but this is about as bad as I could imagine. Makes "Darkie" toothpaste pale by comparison (though actually, that's probably just as bad given its inclusion of of a blackface minstrel as its logo).

Taiwan doesn't equal Japan but in terms of "lost in translation"-type shit, in my experience, the two are rather comparable. I appreciate the point Day has been pushing around specificity but if we're talking about the ways in which Black culture/people are received in Asia, it's not insanity to make some cross-national generalizations, esp. amongst economically developed, media-heavy societies who've shared long histories of American influence/occupation. Of course, we're really only talking about Taiwan, Japan and South Korea in those cases - Philippines are a different situation as is South East Asia.

• Opening a business named 'Nigger King' is very different from some dude saying nigger in his living room .

Agreed, but is anyone on here--you included--having a dialogue with anyone involved in this business, or are you having quasi-discussions with people on this board about the store? We know that there is a guy somewhere saying it right now, should we start a thread for it? Furthermore is anyone on here having a dialog, or are people using this as a platform to practice habitual responses to familiar issues?

And in regards to
    I'm not the type who'll cross my legs and allow people to say,defend or rationalize racist shit in my online[/b] presence ....especially when i'm in a majority white surrounding ...

You choose to remain in the 'presence' of these comments by repeatedly clicking on this thread, so don't try and play the champion of virtue card. And, I don't think that anyone is trying to rationalize racism, but perhaps you are failing to see the fact that in this case the use of the word is not so cut-and-dry as someone uttering it to demean a population. The idea that language should be used under the impression that everyone has the same understanding of a word is ridiculous. Check my post with the link to the list of ethnic slurs from wikipedia. How many of those words get used everyday?

My guess is that you get ass-hurt when your professors give you a B- based on the convoluted papers you turn in.

• uhh, I might have to have a late pass on this one...but why is there a google banner above this thread with links to "African American Jokes" right next to a link for "Hip Hop Culture"

You choose to remain in the 'presence' of these comments by repeatedly clicking on this thread, so don't try and play the champion of virtue card.

So ...in other words i should ignore these threads or keep my mouth shut when someone says "Nigger King" is "hilarious" and i should just "get a grip" ?

And, I don't think that anyone is trying to rationalize racism, but perhaps you are failing to see the fact that in this case the use of the word is not so cut-and-dry as someone uttering it to demean a population.

And maybe you are failing to see the fact that its more likely they know what the word nigger means and just dont give a fuck ....Its not like we're going to pressure them for answers ..... "The store is harmless" . right ?

The idea that language should be used under the impression that everyone has the same understanding of a word is ridiculous.

But why do you feel the need to offer the excuse of "ignorance" for them before they even speak ? Why do i need to hear your possibilities ?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    just for the record...
    I didn't want to say that those who are offended should get a grip. This sign is wrong and it's offensive. I belive however that getting upset about this would give the people behind this glorious idea too much credit. Now I can see how a black person could get upset seeing or just imagining a bunch of white closet racists point at the storefront, laugh out loud, clap each others shoulders and go on about how funny this is, enjoying comitting an insult without using the word themselves. In fact, there are probably just some taiwanese teenagers running in to purchase some "authentic" imported hip-hop gear, which in my eyes just makes it increadibly awkward and also ridiculous.

If you put words out there, printed or recorded and export them to foreign cultures, people will make them their own property and give them their own meaning, the way they understand them. Where do you think the people responsible picked this word up? Did it come with an instruction manual or an explanation on how and by whom to use it?

Reading ODub mentioning "darkies" toothpaste... isn't there still a memorial statue in Baton Rouge that thanks "all the darkies" who fought in the civil war? Wouldn't it be great, if the name of a store in Taiwan would really be the biggest worry when it comes to race relations?

I don't know if I made any sense here or just put myself deeper in the shitter... maybe being white and european should disqualify me from any comments on things like these to begin with.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

My guess is that you get ass-hurt when your professors give you a B- based on the convoluted papers you turn in.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I don't like the fact that I've even contributed to this thread at this point. Sorry.