Worst look EVAR!

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Why do you need your quip validated as right or wrong? Whether it is or isn't true in some way, look at the reaction it elicits, think about the feeling of smugness and self-satisfaction you get from delivering the punch-line, as if you've proven how priviledged someone is, never mind you've sank lower and let someone else take your dignity from you.

just shut the fuck up already.

• Well, I do have to go buy my mom a Christmas present, so your wish comes true.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    jewish is white?

I say no only because when white people figure out that you're Jewish, you might as well be black cause they're gonna find creative ways to kill your ass. The only advantage is, you can hide out better until you slip up & then it's curtains!

And no one should tell Black people that this sign isn't offensive if they find it offensive.

peace

h

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The question was ..Why is "you sound white" so offensive ?

But nevermind ....The board is moving slow as hell and i really dont feel like taking this 5 pages ......i just want to point out that sometimes we are not who we think we are ....you may not support "Nigger King" but your first reaction is to laugh at or defend its existence

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Imagine you using a word in mandarin because it sounds cool, but not knowing the full context of the meaning. It could just as easily happen to you.

Unlikely.

I might use a word in conversation whose meaning and history I don't fully understand, but it's unlikely I'd name my store after that word without first doing some homework.

WHITE PEOPLE I LIKE AKA "NAW HE"S ONE OF THE GOOD ONES":

BCAUSE
    MORSECODE
    ROSSHOGG
    CATCHDINI
    THE RUB DUDES
    "HAIRY BELAFONTE"
    MY BOSS GARTH
    COOLCHRIS
    WHITECASTLE
    MY COWORKERS
    JAKEUNO
    CAS-MONEY
    DIZZYBALLZ
    DEECEE

There's more but I'm forgetting some...(

Pardon me while I return your Christmas gift.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    jewish is white?

:20pager: once Guzzo finds this topic

b/w

Yes

you sound mixed

BTW there are some really bad looks on this site lately when it comes to blatent racist shit. I'm also finding some people on here with some serious latent racist shit in their system.

people finding a sign based on Racist hate funny cause some dude are cashing in on the hateful word is disgusting.

Dizzybull made an interesting point about the responsibility of those that make a dollar off of the word via rap spreading the word through an international community. Responsibility on all levels should be accounted for.

• I am sorry, it is just a load of BULLSHIT to imply that a Black guy saying "nigga" on a record somehow gives license to a bunch of non-Black folks to call their store "NIGGER KING".

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Terrible thread. Lots of people saying stupid and disappointing things. Sign not funny, sign is racist, unacceptable, etc. "you sound white" isn't even being used in a way that could be remotely construed as offensive. South Park politics are bad for America, mmmkay?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The question was ..Why is "you sound white" so offensive ?

I think its funny. Because I am white.

you may not support "Nigger King" but your first reaction is to laugh at or defend its existence

Actually, I think its funny, probably because I've lived in Asia and this just many examples of "WHAT THE FUCK!?" so by now its just funny to me. I'll give you an example.

When me and HJ went to Korea this fall we noticed girls wearing t-shirts that say "SUCK DICK" (which, unlike NIGGER KING, I heartily endorse!). Thing is, in Korea people wear clothes all the time with gobbledy-gook (no, not that gook, jesus) english on them. Shit like "Prepare the Bumblebee for love of Taco" or some shit like that. So when I started to to see these chicks in Shirts that say "SUCK DICK" I was like "oh boy... if only they knew what that meant!"

HJ, on the other hand swore up and down that they HAD to know what it means. We argued about this shit forever. I still think these girls have no idea that the "SUCK DICK" on their t-shirt is anything more than some American brand name or something. HJ found it kind of offensive, I just thought it was funny. Thing is though, Korean are ALWAYS copying random english shit and putting it on clothes with no idea what it means.

When I lived out there in the 90s, people were wearing clothes with what looked like the Gap logo, but it said Cap.

This fall I bought some socks that looked like Nike, but they said Mike, and at the end of the nike logo was a microphone. They copy shit left and right out there, and I always find it funny. Especially when it goes soooo wrong. NIGGER KING is fucking wrong. But I can see how they would have gotten there. It reminds me of the chain in Korea called "Donkey Fried Chicken". Thats a fucking chain resturaunt! Yeah, you would think that SOMEBODY would have asked a native english speaker if that made ANY FUCKING SENSE AT ALL, but no.... Because they really don't care. Their target audience isn't native english speakers.

I have no idea what the owners of NIGGER KING had in mind, but I would imagine it was like 'we sell hip hop black people things for the taiwans, bling bling, we take this part of hip hop word called NIGGA and then we mix in with american resturant BURGER KING yo! (which they have out in Taiwan) and we call it NIGGER KING! Clever!'

So yeah, I don't think NIGGER KING itslef is funny, its the disaster of it all that's funny. Its the fact that so many people can be that retarded thats funny to me. Like watching really really fat kids run. Yeah, its sad, but deep down you know there is something funny about that, even if you hate yourself for thinking it.

I hope I didn't lose my DOWN WHITE DUDE status with this post.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Whether it is or isn't true in some way, look at the reaction it elicits, think about the feeling of smugness and self-satisfaction you get from delivering the punch-line, as if you've proven how priviledged someone is, never mind you've sank lower and let someone else take your dignity from you.

Dude.......my life will never be so miserable that my self-importance is influenced by how ass hurt i can make Record Rob in Wisconsin feel by pointing out his obvious disconnected Opie perception of the real world....

sorry champ...i define my dignity

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Is MikeSeaversNIKES really Aaron Bobo? That's all I want to know.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I am sorry, it is just a load of BULLSHIT to imply that a Black guy saying "nigga" on a record somehow gives license to a bunch of non-Black folks to call their store "NIGGER KING".

I never said it gave license to anyone. I'm just saying it appears to have given these guys the pass in their own head to go ahead and make this their store name, and seriously, the difference between "nigga" and "nigger" in a country where English is not the primary language is probably non-existent or at the very least not as picked apart as it would be here in the US.

I can remember being a little kid and watching 48 hours, after the movie I was yelling out "fuck" all day and my dad whooped me and told me not to say it. Did I know it was a "bad word"? No, but I heard others say it and I thought it was ok until I was taught otherwise. These dudes seem to have the same grasp of english slang as I did as a 5 year old.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    my initial reaction to this picture = and i would feel extremely selfconscious even trying to laugh at that shit. i donno. I think its incredibly sad that this is how things go down around the world; and make no mistake it is certainly a white capitalist power structure that sets shit like this up, assuming its entirely an accident on the part of the store owner (very doubtful), and the idea that its a rapper's fault is absurd.

also i find the 'jews are white' thing to be extremely confusing as one of my friends is chinese and jewish. Many jews, however, are very white.

Is MikeSeaversNIKES really Aaron Bobo?

I knew there was something familiar about him.

Paging Sleuther Vandross.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I am sorry, it is just a load of BULLSHIT to imply that a Black guy saying "nigga" on a record somehow gives license to a bunch of non-Black folks to call their store "NIGGER KING".

I never said it gave license to anyone. I'm just saying it appears to have given these guys the pass in their own head to go ahead and make this their store name, and seriously, the difference between "nigga" and "nigger" in a country where English is not the primary language is probably non-existent or at the very least not as picked apart as it would be here in the US.

I can remember being a little kid and watching 48 hours, after the movie I was yelling out "fuck" all day and my dad whooped me and told me not to say it. Did I know it was a "bad word"? No, but I heard others say it and I thought it was ok until I was taught otherwise. These dudes seem to have the same grasp of english slang as I did as a 5 year old.
    but no one is going to whip the store owner, and if anything people here are giving the store owner a free pass. In your example thats like letting a kid say 'fuck' because he doesn't know what it means.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Did you start a lemonade stand advertising "GOOD FUCKING LEMONADE"?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I would have bought some

HAHAHHAHAHAHA....

BTW, Guzzo, not to harp on you or anything, I'm just curious. How did your folks know you were yelling out "fuck" all day? They're deaf, right?

p.s. THIS is the beef thread that I wanted on Friday!! Burger please.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Nah, my dad whooped me before I had a chance to set up shop.

I hope no one thinks I'm trying to give these guys a pass. These are grown men cashing in on a hateful word. They are total bitches for doing this.

The only thing I said apart from that is Dizzy raised a good point in responsibility when it comes to using that word. I can certainly see how people in other nations and cultures could interpret the constant hearing of this word in American released entertainment product as an ok to go ahead and use it themselves.

Once again, just to make it clear, I am not saying these dudes deserve a pass.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

HAHAHHAHAHAHA....

BTW, Guzzo, not to harp on you or anything, I'm just curious. How did your folks know you were yelling out "fuck" all day? They're deaf, right?

"Fuck" is a real easy word to read lips on.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    my initial reaction to this picture = and i would feel extremely selfconscious even trying to laugh at that shit. i donno. I think its incredibly sad that this is how things go down around the world; and make no mistake it is certainly a white capitalist power structure that sets shit like this up, assuming its entirely an accident on the part of the store owner (very doubtful), and the idea that its a rapper's fault is absurd.

also i find the 'jews are white' thing to be extremely confusing as one of my friends is chinese and jewish. Many jews, however, are very white.

Why is it absurd to place blame on a culture that has perpetuated the use of this word (hip hop/ "rappers")? If there was zero-tolerance for this word it would never be used lightly. Also, I can think of no other culture that uses this word and is as far reaching as rap music & hip hop culture.

• you sound white

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I can think of no other culture that uses this word and is as far reaching as rap music & hip hop culture.

um... how about the one's who created it.

you sound white

You mean to say that you disagree with the idea that non-Black people who use this word do so only out of well-meaning confusion?

HAHAHHAHAHAHA....

"Fuck" is a real easy word to read lips on.

Hmmm... Fork? "Naw dad, I'm just uh, yelling the word FORK... you know... uh..."

hehehehehe.

I remember being in about 2nd grade and talking about E.T. and some older kid told me that I shouldn't say Elliot because thats a bad word. I beleived him, and felt very guilty for saying a bad word. Asshole. What an Elliot.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    I can think of no other culture that uses this word and is as far reaching as rap music & hip hop culture.

um... how about the one's who created it.

Who created it? And do they still perpetuate its use? And is their use of this word considered appropriate? For example can I turn on my local college station and hear this word used on any other show than the hip-hop shows?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Why is it absurd to place blame on a culture that has perpetuated the use of this word (hip hop/ "rappers")? If there was zero-tolerance for this word it would never be used lightly. Also, I can think of no other culture that uses this word and is as far reaching as rap music & hip hop culture.

As has already been noted, you would have a hard time finding a rap record with this spelling of the word... so to assume its been gleaned from the titles of a G-Unit CD just doesn't make a lot of sense

If it was seen with that spelling, it would likely be in another context... and in that context it would almost certainly be considered an offensive term