NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lamar and Kwame were taking it inside, that's why they were leading most of the game. Then in the fourth, they started settling for the J.

Who will emerge as the 3rd option this season?

Well Smush had like 15 tonight. And Kwame dropped 10. Stat-wise, Smush will probably average the 3rd highest. But the keys to winning are the developing bigs, Kwame, Bynum, and Turiaf.

No doubt. Kwame had some swagger a couple of nights ago. I forget which team y'all were playin', but he didnt have that typical "HUH" look. Kobe was showin him extra love on the court.

Kwame ain't the star of the team, but he's starting to prove that he belongs. He grabs boards, has presence in the paint, and has a decent post-up game. I AM NOT MAD. His confidence is growing, and if he sticks around for a few more years, the Lakers will be that much better.

In 3 more years Kobe's window will start to close.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I suppose so. But that's alright. He'll go play soccer in the MLS, and then make a comeback.

I suppose so. But that's alright. He'll go play soccer in the MLS, and then make a comeback.

Haha.

Whose your laker Darkhorse/UndertheRadar?

AHHHH MAN!!!!! UTAH IS 10-1[/b]! Best franchise start ever.

Utah - Dont sleep

Haha.

Whose your laker Darkhorse/UndertheRadar?

If there is one, then it'd probably be Turiaf or Maurice Evans. Just cuz they're young and athletic.

Is your cat droppin a sneaker this season?

haha. Don't know. Wasn't really feelin' the first ones. Screw the Zoom Air whatever whatevers or the Shox. Just get him a shoe with Nike Air technology and put a swoosh on it, and guaranteed that shit will sell.

haha. Don't know. Wasn't really feelin' the first ones. Screw the Zoom Air whatever whatevers or the Shox. Just get him a shoe with Nike Air technology and put a swoosh on it, and guaranteed that shit will sell.

Didnt he resign w/ Nike? I heard he was gonna be comin out w/ somethin.

We'll see.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    So Yuichi, have you finally come around to liking Odom? He seemed to be your favorite Lakers' whipping boy last season.

• the kid hit 5 threes and scored a career high 36 points against the bulls last night. And then Melo, who went into this game with the best scoring average in the league, was 10 for 10 from the line, end of the game, 29 points, he scored 30 or more in the last 6 games, he gets fouled and he misses both his free throws, game ends with him at 29 points. He was one free throw from breaking alex english's record of 30+ point games in a row (6), which was a nuggets record. ain't that some shit. I'm glad we got that one though, Ben Gordon is a 3-point machine, I thought they were coming back at the end. J.R. Smith was the man in that game, I hope he can continue to kill shit like that.

Utah is absolutely killing it right now. I hope it doesn't last...

So Yuichi, have you finally come around to liking Odom? He seemed to be your favorite Lakers' whipping boy last season.

Well actually, my perception of him completely changed after news of his daughter's death. He's obviously worked on his game in the off-season, and seems more determined than ever. I am very appreciative of him now.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Kwame ain't the star of the team, but he's starting to prove that he belongs. He grabs boards, has presence in the paint, and has a decent post-up game. I AM NOT MAD. His confidence is growing, and if he sticks around for a few more years, the Lakers will be that much better.

watching last night's game, kwame looked anything but confident. turn overs and poor ball handling. to be fair, this could be a way to characterize the whole entire game for both teams*. lakers shoot under 38% and still walk away with the win?! things'll definitely be different in a couple weeks when clips have home court advantage
    lakers just don't have a good team this year. way too many players who are unreliable - smush, kwame, sasha, and vlad rad. bynum and farmar definitely have potential though in the future.

the clippers have a great team and should be fukking ashamed with last night's performance. that was very difficult to sit through. not mad at kaman's presence on the inside though.

*except kobe who played damn near at the top of his game. truly incredible performance last night

J.R. Smith was the man in that game, I hope he can continue to kill shit like that.

Did anyone peep last night's game against the Clippers. J.R.Smith was

• Mavs are back after starting off like dogshit. 9 straight including a big win in S.A. This team has the potential to be better than last year's if all the egos stay in check. Dirk has been a rock, only one game under 20 so far this year.

Mavs are back after starting off like dogshit. 9 straight including a big win in S.A. This team has the potential to be better than last year's if all the egos stay in check. Dirk has been a rock, only one game under 20 so far this year.

Yeah- its seem Damp is finally here.

• J.R. Smith was the man in that game, I hope he can continue to kill shit like that.

he's beginning to develop more as a nugget than anybody thought he would. i guess having melo as a mentor helps that. He's hungry, he's developing his shot a little better, and he's playing with crazy amounts of energy. He's super athletic, super young, and has a bright future on this team as long as him and melo keep working together.

We been winning a lot lately. We beat GS in their house and then in ours 2 days later, and we have the highest scoring game in the league so far this season, and we have the top scorer in the league right now. It's funny, Martin was a nawesome player when he played, but watch how much we win when he's not around. Things are looking up, watch out Utah...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    anyone else hear about this?
    Skiles, Wallace butt heads in win: Headband issue overshadows win

ever since that outburst late in the season last year, i kinda knew Benny was a little different. :realdetroitheadsknowthedeal:

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    anyone else hear about this?
    Skiles, Wallace butt heads in win: Headband issue overshadows win

ever since that outburst late in the season last year, i kinda knew Benny was a little different. :realdetroitheadsknowthedeal:

I read in an ESPN article that Ben didn't know about the no headband rule before signing his contract. I know to most of you this seems pretty trivial, but I don't think I've ever seen Ben wearing a 'fro without a headband (He's been wearing cornrows so far this season). Blowing his hair out became very symbolic in Detroit in terms of gameplay and the kind of night he expected to have. I think he'll adjust, but I can't sit here and feel bad for the dude.

Detroit will still go further than Chicago this season without Ben Wallace.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    um...

After Wallace was removed, assistant Ron Adams went to talk to him. Fellow assistant Pete Myers, Wallace's closest confidant, subsequently followed suit. Finally, assistant Jim Boylan, Skiles' right-hand man, visited him.

I can only hope that the staff was all "Benny boy, stop wearing the headband, didint you get the newsletter?" but i guess im wrong:

Wallace slipped the headband back on just before the second half was set to start. Skiles immediately sent Malik Allen to the scorer's table before play began.

maybe im still raw about losing him, but there are appropriate ways to expressing dissent and discontent. on the court in an important season game is straight

... but kinda

Detroit will still go further than Chicago this season without Ben Wallace.

NO INSIDE SCORING.

J.R. Smith was the man in that game, I hope he can continue to kill shit like that.

Things are looking up, watch out Utah...

Jerry Sloan > George Karl

• i know the sixers aren't making much noise this year, but IVERSON is killing people! second game in a row with over 40 points and a sixers win. if the sixers can make the playoffs, AI has a good shot at another MVP.

• J.R. Smith was the man in that game, I hope he can continue to kill shit like that.

Things are looking up, watch out Utah...

Jerry Sloan > George Karl

I don't necessarily disagree (I was a big fan of Sloan during the Stockton/Malone days), but I will say they are 2 totally different coaches. Although, let's not forget:

"NBA coaching legend George Karl was introduced as the 19th head coach in Nuggets history on Jan. 27, 2005 and subsequently engineered one of the greatest turnarounds in NBA history.[/b]"

Plus, if Kirilenko gets injured again, the Jazz will go nowhere. Again.

[iverson] second game in a row with over 40 points and a sixers win.

Huh? Iverson (only) had 31 on the 25th in a Cleveland loss, but did have 45 in last night's loss[/b] to Miami.

• AI dropped 46 against the bulls in a win on friday nite. i forgot they played cleveland over the weekend...and that they lost last night even though i watched most of the game. sixers played well but miami shot 60% from the field.

AI dropped 46 against the bulls in a win on friday nite. i forgot they played cleveland over the weekend...and that they lost last night even though i watched most of the game. sixers played well but miami shot 60% from the field.

I do agree tho that Iverson is still killin' 'em. Iggy is stepping up, Willie Green as well. Too bad I can't see the games.

Eff a Comcast.

• yea, comcast has a legal monopoly on philly sports. direct tv is for suckers anyway.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damp was looking good last night, going strong against the Timberwolves.

10 straight wins for the Mavs? holy fuk

watch out, Jazz.

Suns is roarin, too.