NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Lebron is kinda soft .....Killer instinct is not something an athlete can develop and this dude wasnt born with any......The Golden Child will never win a ring

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lebron is kinda soft .....Killer instinct is not something an athlete can develop and this dude wasnt born with any......The Golden Child will never win a ring

hehe. although I agree with you somewhat. He's still fun as hell to watch.
    Did you see that baseline scoop shot after splitting the defenders?! THAT SHIT WAS SICK.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

hehe. although I agree with you somewhat. He's still fun as hell to watch.
    Did you see that baseline scoop shot after splitting the defenders?! THAT SHIT WAS SICK.

Someone I was listening to the other day said he found it hard to watch LeBron. "It's like watching a running back play basketball."

• Lebron is kinda soft .....The Golden Child will never win a ring

unless of course he does a Shaq and take less money to go to team close to making it happen.

I thought about this one a little more. He's worked so hard on his game and NO ONE at 21 has ever been as good as him. If he develops a post-up game, and plays better D, he's gonna be untouchable. Killer Instinct, I believe, is a result of adversity and limitations to a player's game; and he's never really faced thsoe problems...yet.

• I thought about this one a little more. He's worked so hard on his game and NO ONE at 21 has ever been as good as him. If he develops a post-up game, and plays better D, he's gonna be untouchable. Killer Instinct, I believe, is a result of adversity and limitations to a player's game; and he's never really faced thsoe problems...yet.

all of the above is true but his adversity will come in the form of never having a team around him that will propel him to the heights his game should offer him. He will be Kevin Garnet all over again without players better than Larry Hughes & Drew Gooden - who will never be considered Scottie Pipen or Dennis Rodman.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think the NBA right now has a level of parity amongst the top teams that even a team like the Cavs have a chance to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. There was no way in hell that I thought the Heat were going to make it to the championships, and I only counted them in the Eastern Conf. finals by default. When they got to the championships I thought they were going to get run off the court and they ended up winning, even with a very flawed cast of characters.

I'm not saying the Cavs are going to win the East, but they do have a chance along with a bunch of other teams right now.

It's gonna be Philly and Atlanta in the East Finals, and Utah and New Orleans in the West. I believe this is Utah's year to take it all.

New Orleans in the West.

One of my favorite teams to watch play so far this season. Chris Paul is killin' 'em. Last night's game against the Warriors was GREAT. And their rematch is tomorrow night...

• anyone watching PHX vs SA right now? OT...missed free throws. Det up next.

Yeah hommie...just watched Delonte West hit a buzzer beater to put them over Charlotte, too.

Believe it or not, this will be the first game that Detroit faces against Artest since the brawl.

And apparently, Judge Mathis helped Ronny and the Pistons reconcile their beef.

• haha...judge mathis? thats cool. did u get the league pass this year?

haha...judge mathis? thats cool. did u get the league pass this year?

Hell yeah, doggie...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    anyone watching PHX vs SA right now? OT...missed free throws. Det up next.

Damn, that was a dope finish. That Ginobili-to-Oberto-to-Duncan play near the end of regulation was a thing of beauty.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i really think the W's will be a playoff team, we need j-rich back at full strength.

34-48 last year. Whose spot are they going to take? Who's gonna slide off for them to gain a slot.

Nellie is going to add 20 wins this season? Just sayin.

Also, there's about as much interest for Jalen Rose among basketball fans, as there is for Shaq's shoes.

I think your sleepin'. Money looked good against Dallas and TNT were praising the move.

I'm watching the Warriors and Kings right now.

Charles Barkley's predictions: "Both teams aren't gonna make the playoffs...they trade baskets....but they don't have that 'i'm gonna stop you this time' attitude".

As much as I've liked Baron Davis...There's no way in hell he's gonna be able to keep up this pace. B. Diddy is doing WAY too much running. As far as this game goes, he's doing like 70% of the dribbling and penetrating....Do the warriors have any other plays besides, diddy slash, kick out to open man?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Charles Barkley's predictions: "Both teams aren't gonna make the playoffs...they trade baskets....but they don't have that 'i'm gonna stop you this time' attitude".

As much as I've liked Baron Davis...There's no way in hell he's gonna be able to keep up this pace. B. Diddy is doing WAY too much running. As far as this game goes, he's doing like 70% of the dribbling and penetrating....Do the warriors have any other plays besides, diddy slash, kick out to open man?

As a Warriors fan I'm worried that his heavy minutes early on in the season will make him breakdown at the end as he always has. The papers said he lost a lot of weight and came in to camp in great shape so maybe he'll be able to skip his injury bug this season.

And yes, the Warriors do have more plays than Baron Davis driving. This was by far the most aggressive he's been.

As a Warriors fan I'm worried that his heavy minutes early on in the season will make him breakdown at the end as he always has. The papers said he lost a lot of weight and came in to camp in great shape so maybe he'll be able to skip his injury bug this season.

And yes, the Warriors do have more plays than Baron Davis driving. This was by far the most aggressive he's been.

Dude knew he'd be on National TV.

He was sick last night. But that kid Ellis is on the come up for sure.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Dude knew he'd be on National TV.

He was sick last night. But that kid Ellis is on the come up for sure.

ellis is

who knew he'd be this good this soon? kid's like 19 or something. makes sense that they dealt fisher in the off season. i think foyle is next.

But that kid Ellis is on the come up for sure.
    ellis is
    who knew he'd be this good this soon? kid's like 19 or something. makes sense that they dealt fisher in the off season. i think foyle is next.

This cat has to be next. The rumour mill has him gone before the season ends.

But that kid Ellis is on the come up for sure.
    ellis is

This cat has to be next. The rumour mill has him gone before the season ends.
    Yesterday was the first game I saw of that Ellis dude. He's probably one of the best young talents out there.

Dunleavy follows in the line of unselfish college players that doesn't have the explosiveness or egotistical attitude that the NBA game requires. Maybe he could go to the Euro leagues or something, I think he'll fit in much better. Him and Jay Will were KILLIN' IT at Duke though.

Dunleavy follows in the line of unselfish college players that doesn't have the explosiveness or egotistical attitude that the NBA game requires. Maybe he could go to the Euro leagues or something, I think he'll fit in much better. Him and Jay Will were KILLIN' IT at Duke though.

True. I just think the Golden State system isnt for him.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    you're right. i wouldn't be surprised if they traded dunleavy. honestly i wouldn't be heartbroken if they got rid of dunleavy, foyle, murphy, or diogu and got a solid big man.

you're right. i wouldn't be surprised if they traded dunleavy. honestly i wouldn't be heartbroken if they got rid of dunleavy, foyle, murphy, or diogu and got a solid big man.

Foyle for Jamal Magliore was in the works, but....

What BIG MAN is really available?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

doesn't need to be a baller, just someone even slightly more competent than foyle. i'd take a mohammad, darko, pachulia, brezec......

Countdown to extinction...

Nah...it's to early to beat down on my boy, but he's clueless in the system right now.

Webber meets with 76ers president over reduced role[/b]
    Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Chris Webber has talked with Philadelphia 76ers president Billy King about the star forward's unhappiness over a reduced role that's included two fourth-quarter benchings.

Webber's minutes and production have dramatically declined this season, and coach Maurice Cheeks has rested him for two entire fourth quarters in seven games, turning him into a $20 million role player.

King said Thursday night he's talked recently with Webber but did not say if a trade was requested. Webber is due another $22 million next year in the final season of his contract.

"The focus has been on the team all year, and Chris is an important member of the team," King said. "Maurice has been making decisions each game that he and the staff feel will give us the best opportunity to succeed, and I support him in the decision-making process."

Webber is averaging 10.3 points on 37 percent shooting in 30.6 minutes, well off his 14-year career averages of 21.5 points on 48 percent shooting in 37.9 minutes.

"I'm not going to keep playing like this," Webber told the Sacramento Bee after scoring six points Wednesday night in Seattle. "I don't like this role."

Cheeks has said he's been very clear with Webber about what he expects from the five-time All-Star.

Since Webber was traded from Sacramento to Philadelphia before the 2005 trade deadline, he's never really seemed to be happy playing with a franchise that has hovered around .500 since his arrival. He butted heads with former coach Jim O'Brien at the end of 2005, calling his half-season the worst situation of his basketball career.

"Timeout times 50, basically," he said, referring to his infamous gaffe at Michigan.

But he rebounded with a strong season under Cheeks last year, averaging 20.2 points and 9.9 rebounds in 75 games, the most games he'd played in the last six seasons.

He said in training camp he was feeling as strong physically as he had since undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee in June 2003.

A snapshot of his frustrations came last week when Webber had six of his 11 rebounds in the third quarter in a win against Miami, then sat in the fourth. Webber deftly deflected numerous postgame questions about his benching, smiling through brief answers and saying only that he was happy the Sixers were winning.

"It's whatever," he said.

(Source)

I dont know where he could fit. I'm sure some where. He and Iverson are no Stockton/Malone.