NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Many of these cats arent "emotional" but pampered bitches who dont know how to contain themselves.
    This behavior is classless. I like the Tim Duncan steelo - only complains w/ he really feels cheated, not at every fuckin call.

Yus. It got a little out of hand. But, so far this year, the refs are a little out of hand -- Captain Kirk on the Bulls was T'd up against the Magic for raising his hands but he was facing the crowd, with his back to the ref. Was the ref calling a technical for what he thought he saw, for something a guy in the audience might have seen?

Hopefully by week four, everything will even out and we'll have some sort of medium between Bitchmade 'Sheed and the buttoned-down, strictly business '70s game. Sure you want to argue a call now and again but the Boy Who Cried Wolf effect doesn't work.

True......

You cant serious.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LAKERS BATCH.

JAMES ON DUNCAN.

TYSON CHANDLER DUNK ON THE BREAK.

LAKERS BATCH.

JAMES ON DUNCAN..............

Duncan didnt jump, so It aint all that. Chest to Chest is what I wanna see.

Jalen Rose(cut by the Knicks) is trying to hop on the Phoenix Suns boat. He's not the player he used to be but maybe he can contribute. He at one time was bananas. The Bulls had no answers for him in that Eastern Conference Finals against the Pacers.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    http://netitects.com/roller/page/blog?entry=the_rose_that_grew_from

Being waived by the New York Knicks has created an opportunity for me to find a team to play on that will hopefully get me back into the playoffs with a realistic opportunity to win a NBA Championship. I am lucky and thankful to the numerous teams that have shown interest in me over the past few days, in particular Joe Dumars and my hometown Pistons and Pat Riley and the Miami Heat. Choosing the next chapter in my career has been difficult but I am proud to announce that I am now a member of the... PHOENIX SUNS. I look forward to getting this season started and hope to see you at the Larry O'Brien championship trophy presentation in June. The stage is set, now its time to grind!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Jalen Rose(cut by the Knicks) is trying to hop on the Phoenix Suns boat. He's not the player he used to be but maybe he can contribute. He at one time was bananas. The Bulls had no answers for him in that Eastern Conference Finals against the Pacers.

this is a great look

he can contribute what he has (hot shooting, 3s, break-n-dish) by fitting very well in the suns system.

Brings veteran and championship experience, team spirit (when in a good sitaution)

he has finally got a good team to contriute this to unlike the horrible raptors/knicks situations

I remeber that series well..i was a bulls fan but loved jalen and that other guard (i forget his name)

pacers kept that series dangerously interesting

and that other guard (i forget his name)

Travis Best.

Jalen was notorious for breaking plays set by the coach while @ Indiana. He has some selfish tendencies.
    Maybe he's grown up and can be a veteran bench player for the Suns. It just smells of Karl Malone going to the Lakers for the quick fix.

PLAESE BATMON. That dunk was sick.

Chest to Chest is what I wanna see.

NO, I don't wanna see grown men going CHEST TO CHEST.

Also, there's about as much interest for Jalen Rose among basketball fans, as there is for Shaq's shoes.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Jalen was notorious for breaking plays set by the coach while @ Indiana. He has some selfish tendencies.
    Maybe he's grown up and can be a veteran bench player for the Suns. It just smells of Karl Malone going to the Lakers for the quick fix.

ahhh travis best ...so many memories

i see where youre coming from for the malone

but the suns don't "need" as much "help" as they were looking for in malone. THey are fine without jalen but he can fill in a role of some of their solid wing men that had to be traded away.

the deal is appealing for rose and maybe he will enjoy the setting

being canadian i had a bunch of jalen coverage from his toronto days (i was excited when their was the bulls trade before) so I think i got a good grasp on him.

he definetly has selfish tendencies but remains commited to winning and knows about team ball.
    He genuinly wanted it in chicago and it did not work out..in toronto he was placed in a mentoring role and then called to produce a lot in the end of the season when he was better suited to be a swing man 3rd option threat (physically related)

good contribution but he did not need to be the raps pg..he then sat back on the sinking ship always with a good attitude but connscious of the badlook of the situation.

new-york same story about sinking ships

so he has a contribution to bring somewhere where he can fit but they dependently need him, furthermore they have a chance to have a great run and have a game that suits him.

i say go for it (suns and him)

not that expensive either and possibility of him liking this and staying for the short-long run of his last years.

PLAESE BATMON. That dunk was sick.

Yuichi - Duncan just stood there w/ his hands raised. Yes it was a good dunk but dont make it like it was KJ on The Dream, where there was some semblance of defense. When I saw the highlight I did say oh but I didnt say

new-york same story about sinking ships

He was Larry Brown's request. Big smart swingman whole can facilitate the offense from the wing and get the ball out of Skarbury's hands.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

i say go for it (suns and him)

not that expensive either and possibility of him liking this and staying for the short-long run of his last years.

it happened nice!

i would like to claim two things

one- i am loving the Monty strut-comeback with up to now unknown to me basketball interest (suns!)

secondly i now remeber the 28 page monster of a thread and subsequent playoff threads that were both hilarious,entertaining and thoughtful

rockadelic,latency and motown

good times

strut and nba are back

its been a year

ps: there is a hilarious colt related nfl article on espn page two right now

Every year, I dislike them a little bit more. I'm tired of seeing them, tired of reading about them, tired of hearing about them. Seeing their white and blue uniforms puts the same sneer on my face that Nicholson had when he saw Cruise's JAG outfit at Guantanamo Bay. Getting constantly bombarded by those insufferable Manning commercials makes me want to throw my remote against the wall. And after seeing him choke like Aurora Snow [/b] against Pittsburgh last January, I thought everyone would realize he was the A-Rod of football, someone who couldn't deliver in the clutch, someone who routinely shrunk from the pressure. How many more seasons of evidence did we need?

article

There will be no NFL up in herr. Take that over to the NFL thread.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    ...i am loving the Monty strut-comeback with up to now unknown to me basketball interest (suns!)
    i live here in the valley of the sun and just want to root for a hometown team - the Cardinals suck, and the D-backs... GO SUNS!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

There will be no NFL up in herr. Take that over to the NFL thread.

charlie ward
    favorite knick and most reliable point guard. I have an old nba on nbc vhs tape of knicks/kings games...OT action

classic nba games on espn classics

as far as the tech rule

they should have restrained it to strictly referee discussion cause anything else has huge whiplash potential (he did it here and got no call but then in this game)

screaming after dunks or during stuffs is a necessity

nba is built on emotions and some of its greatest (and most selling) moments/images revolve around that

• my rant for the day:

how are the Bulls gonna demolish the Miami Heat, defending Champions, by 42 points. Then lose to the Magic by what 16 points or something (they were down by 25 at one point in the game)...then continue to lose to the Kings by 1 point.

1-2 start. Bulls built up hype w/ the first game then lost it with the last two. C'mon Chicago!!

• my rant for the day:

how are the Bulls gonna demolish the Miami Heat, defending Champions, by 42 points. Then lose to the Magic by what 16 points or something (they were down by 25 at one point in the game)...then continue to lose to the Kings by 1 point.

1-2 start. Bulls built up hype w/ the first game then lost it with the last two. C'mon Chicago!!

the bulls are a jumpshooting team. get used to a lot of inconsistency. they'll be competitive but they're being vastly overrated considering they get zero offensive production from their bigs. they were a .500 team last year and i'd expect that or just slightly better this time around. ben wallace alone does not win you 10-15 extra games.

Bulls are gonna be hyped to death

my rant for the day:

the bulls are a jumpshooting team. get used to a lot of inconsistency. they'll be competitive but they're being vastly overrated considering they get zero offensive production from their bigs. they were a .500 team last year and i'd expect that or just slightly better this time around. ben wallace alone does not win you 10-15 extra games.

I actually agree with fadedG on this one.

Okay this is definitely not NBA, but....

Some of these Euroleague cats are .

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    http://www.whatifsports.com/nba/default.asp#top

this thread should never get to the second page.

YEA, my 00-01 Lakers beat the 72-10 Bulls.

this thread should never get to the second page.

Philadelphia undefeated

Its still crazy early in the season for this to mean anything.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    New Season, New Coach, Same Results for the Warriors.

Don Nelson's arrival brought a lot of hype to the woeful Warriors, but 3 games in and all the problems of previous seasons are back again to haunt the franchise. Lack of athletic front court players (Dunleavy and Murphy) is being exposed by a team that wants to run. Lack of outside shooting. Lack of defense. We are 1-3, which is about our winning percentage over the last 10 years+.

Don Nelson's arrival brought a lot of hype to the woeful Warriors, but 3 games in and all the problems of previous seasons are back again to haunt the franchise. Lack of athletic front court players (Dunleavy and Murphy) is being exposed by a team that wants to run. Lack of outside shooting. Lack of defense. We are 1-3, which is about our winning percentage over the last 10 years+.

They need to do some retooling before the Trade deadline. I'm sorry but Dunleavy is wack. Baron Davis needs an Eric Snow type to share the ball in the backcourt. But I still think Nellie is going to work some magic this season. Complain in Feb.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yeah, I think the Warriors are gonna end up pretty much the same as they have the past few seasons. They're just gonna take a different route to get there.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    My big hope for the future is that with Nelson on board the Warriors will make some trades and shake thingsup. We didn't make any trades and Mullin seemed to be relucant to trade anyone except Murphy and got no takers. The team is simply not good so they need to re-tool with new players rather than always talking about maintain a "core" of young players.

• My big hope for the future is that with Nelson on board the Warriors will make some trades and shake thingsup. We didn't make any trades and Mullin seemed to be relucant to trade anyone except Murphy and got no takers. The team is simply not good so they need to re-tool with new players rather than always talking about maintain a "core" of young players.

i heard corey maggette on the rumour mill... as long as we can get rid of dunleavy who is a decent player dont get me wrong but not at 3rd overall pick and that contract, dun can distribute the rock and would serve as a toni kukoc type of player on a better squad.

but yeah they looked solid tonite against the mavs but avery got t'd up and josh howard got injured so take it with a grain of salt.

i really think the W's will be a playoff team, we need j-rich back at full strength.

im glad to see warriors fan take over this thread. Go GSW Hoops, its a great time out!

• Franchise is shut down for the season!!!! hooray Knicks!!! Gives Zeke one less headache!

James latest star to bash new ball

I wonder how much "testing" was actually done before making this the official ball. I imagine a bunch of people at a corporate meeting, "I really like this new look. It's a clean design, and it corresponds well with the other adjustments we'll be making this season, as the NBA continues its global expansion."