NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• Option #1: McGrady taking an early shot.

Option #2: McGrady taking the second-chance opportunity.

13 points in 33 seconds. Luther who? Plaese let us never forget.

err, TMAC??

• Wow. Y'all think Pippen can still contribute?

Not significantly, no.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "But I'd like to play first," he said. "I feel I still have a year and a half of basketball left in me if I'm put in the right situation. I'd even be willing to sign a 10-day contract. At least that would be a start. I just want a chance to show that I can still help a team.''

What's this easy/Hop aboard a contender a get a quiick ring bullshit. What about chemistry?

Ok maybe off the bench for the Pistons.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Scottie needs to sit his old ass down somewhere. And DO NOT COME TO DETROIT.

Second String -

Lindsey Hunter
    Flip Murray
    Scottie Pippen
    Antonio Mcdyess
    Jason Maxiell

Second String -

Lindsey Hunter
    Flip Murray
    Scottie Pippen
    Antonio Mcdyess
    Jason Maxiell

That roster doesn't even look right. Scottie would be much better off, especially in the long run, schooling youngsters like Kareem The Dream is doing with Bynum. I can't say one way or the other if he can actually put up significant enough numbers to help a playoff-bound team (funny how specific he is about that), but his knowledge would probably be more beneficial to a less experienced squad.

Sheeeiiiit...he might end up needing a 10 day contract after a week in Vegas, though.

Scottie would be much better off, especially in the long run, schooling youngsters like Kareem The Dream is doing with Bynum. I can't say one way or the other if he can actually put up significant enough numbers to help a playoff-bound team (funny how specific he is about that), but his knowledge would probably be more beneficial to a less experienced squad.

Yeah, I dont see why he just cant become a consultant. He needs to help LeBron/Mike Brown improve.

Scottie would be much better off, especially in the long run, schooling youngsters like Kareem The Dream is doing with Bynum. I can't say one way or the other if he can actually put up significant enough numbers to help a playoff-bound team (funny how specific he is about that), but his knowledge would probably be more beneficial to a less experienced squad.

Yeah, I dont see why he just cant become a consultant.

"I married a BALLER, daddy--not a consultant!!!"

Yeah, I dont see why he just cant become a consultant.

"I married a BALLER, daddy--not a consultant!!!"
    That's wifey?

Believe it.

• haha. Is that a drink in his hand or is he cold grabbin wifey's titty for the flick?

b/w

Remember when dood came out a few years ago and claimed to be Pippen's "white boy toy" from the UALR days?

• i don't get it. pippen kinda sucked as a blazer, and that was what, 5 years ago? he was a nice compliment to Jordan but he should just chill, count his money, and be thankful that he got named to the nba's top 50. didn't dominique get snubbed?

• haha. Is that a drink in his hand or is he cold grabbin wifey's titty for the flick?

i thought the same thing when I first saw that, like, go for yours scottie!

Believe it.

Looks like the oldest aint hers.

i don't get it. pippen kinda sucked as a blazer, and that was what, 5 years ago? he was a nice compliment to Jordan but he should just chill, count his money, and be thankful that he got named to the nba's top 50. didn't dominique get snubbed?

Its a very good arguement, but Pippen had Rings & defense. Pandora's Box.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Option #1: McGrady taking an early shot.

Option #2: McGrady taking the second-chance opportunity.

13 points in 33 seconds. Luther who? Plaese let us never forget.

That shit is just ridiculous and funny as hell for SA.

McGrady was swamped with defenders, plus he wasn't asking for the ball like his life depended on it. #24 does just that if you know what i mean.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The only advice Pippen could give a young baller is "Get a team mate like MJ".

If not for MJ, Pippen would never had even been an All-Star and to think he is in the Top 50 GOAT and Rodman isn't is.......

• i don't get it. pippen kinda sucked as a blazer, and that was what, 5 years ago? he was a nice compliment to Jordan but he should just chill, count his money, and be thankful that he got named to the nba's top 50. didn't dominique get snubbed?

Its a very good arguement, but Pippen had Rings & defense. Pandora's Box.

i dont get the pandora's box reference here. anyway, i think pippen is definitely a baller but top 50? gtfowtbs. i dont have the list in front of me, but there was never a time in his career when he was in the top 5 players of the league....so i would assume that cancels him out.

• The only advice Pippen could give a young baller is "Get a team mate like MJ".

If not for MJ, Pippen would never had even been an All-Star and to think he is in the Top 50 GOAT and Rodman isn't is.......

Rock, I almost completely disagree with your assessment of Pippen's career.

When Jordo was out for 1.67 seasons Pippen was the best player in the league. Got the Bulls to game 7 of the EC semis. That Portland team he was on in 99-00 by all rights should have been in the Finals if not for one of the most monumental choke jobs ever. He had such a complete game. I think he was great, while Rodman was pretty much a 2-D player.

there was never a time in his career when he was in the top 5 players of the league.

The year he took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals. And he was the MVP of the All Star Game.
    Pippen was unstoppable that year. MJ was gone and Pippen more than held it down. Did y'all not watch basketball that year?

• there was never a time in his career when he was in the top 5 players of the league.

The year he took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals. And he was the MVP of the All Star Game.
    Pippen was unstoppable that year. MJ was gone and Pippen more than held it down. Did y'all not watch basketball that year?

barkley, malone, stockton, olajawon, david robinson, reggie miller, shaq?, kj, isiah, ewing. it is arguable that he was in the top 5.

Pippen, Fifty GOAT. No questions asked.

Rodman, essential. Not Fifty GOAT.

• The only advice Pippen could give a young baller is "Get a team mate like MJ".

it's true that scottie ranks as one of the best - if not the best - complementary player ever, but that's not a fair assessment of his career. he completely redefined the small forward position.

The only advice Pippen could give a young baller is "Get a team mate like MJ".

it's true that scottie ranks as one of the best - if not the best - complementary player ever, but that's not a fair assessment of his career. he completely redefined the small forward position.

That's it right there. Phil Jackson approves.

I have to stand behind my statement so here goes.....

Pippen averaged for his career 16 points and 6 rebounds
    The year he was with Portland and went deep in the Playoffs he averaged 11-6
    Career 70% Free Throw Shooter
    Brought lots of intangibles in the hustle area
    Lead the league in steals more than once.
    Played most of his career with MJ who was ALWAYS double and triple teamed

Forwards better than Pippen NOT in the NBA Top 50 GOAT(with their CAREER Points and Rebound Averages)

Alex English 21 -6
    Dominique Wilkins 25 -7
    Dan Issel 20-8
    Bernard King - 22-6
    Maurice Lucas 15-9

Decent NBA players with very similar(if not better) career numbers than Pippen

Shawn Kemp
    Buck Williams
    Jamal Mashburn
    Larry Johnson
    Terry Cummings
    Tom Chambers
    Derrick Coleman

Mediocre at best NBA players with almost identical career numbers as Pippen

Brad Daugherty
    Otis Thorpe
    Tom Gugliotta

So Pippen was a GOOD player. Was lucky to have gotten to play with the GREATEST player of all-time and the GREATEST rebounder of the last 40 years. Was also surrounded other GOOD forwards Grant, Oakley, Cartwright.

And by virtue of that he was able to play "out of position" and take advantage of mismatchs as well as having MJ double teamed.

My opinion is if he had played on just about any other team during those years he'd have been in the same group as those "Decent" players listed below.

And most of the players I cited played during the same era as Pippen.

This is MY opinion. It's based on things that we will never know and can only speculate on.

I think there are 10 players above that if swapped out with Pippen on those Bulls teams would have made the Top 50 based strictly on the # of rings.

And those rings is why I think Pippen made the list, plain and simple.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    he completely redefined the small forward position.

In what ways? He was a great point forward, but that innovation came from Don Nelson didn't it? He used Paul Pressey I think first in that kind of role and than a host of players afterwards. Pippen was also one of the best defenders of his time, but that had nothing to do with his position. He was a good but not great scorer. Besides in that triangle offense you didn't even need a point forward or point guard becuase it was all half court sets requiring someone to just bring the ball over half court.

MJ couldnt win until PIPPEN Joined the Bulls.

Decent NBA players with very similar(if not better) career numbers than Pippen

Shawn Kemp -Pippen beat Seattle & them
    Buck Williams -OG rebounding God
    Jamal Mashburn -"My Knee"
    Larry Johnson -"My Back"
    Terry Cummings Wrong team at the Wrong times
    Tom Chambers - "What's defense
    Derrick Coleman - "Whoop-dee-damn-doo!"

I have to stand behind my statement so here goes.....
    Forwards better than Pippen NOT in the NBA Top 50 GOAT(with their CAREER Points and Rebound Averages)

Alex English 21 -6
    Dominique Wilkins 25 -7
    Dan Issel 20-8
    Bernard King - 22-6
    Maurice Lucas 15-9

YOU HAVE AN ARGUEMENT HURR

Mediocre at best NBA players with almost identical career numbers as Pippen

Brad Daugherty
    Otis Thorpe
    Tom Gugliotta

HELL NO

And those rings is why I think Pippen made the list, plain and simple.

Co-sign.

MJ couldnt win until PIPPEN Joined the Bulls.

Hit the brake there.....

Pippen was there 4 years before they won anything.....

The first 3 were with Horace Grant who had the 3 best years of his career.

The last three were with Rodman, after he helped the Pistons win 2 in Detroit.

His 16-18 rebounds per game average over a 6 years stretch is sick.