NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the tape measure.

The more i think about the tape measure the wacker that dunk gets.

MJ's scores were on point all night (you don't show MJ a tape measure.. young fool) ....Those dudes should have had more respect for the judges table and prepared for the contest.

If that table gives you a perfect score then it should be the greatest dunk of all fuckin time...

The sticker was corn and the tape measure was super corn....A seven footer should be able to slap a sticker on a backboard,dunk and scramble eggs at the same time.

• Anyone else feel that Howard got robbedin the slam dunk championship with that sticker dunk!

oh hells yeah he got robbed. he shouldn't have won the whole thing but he most def shoulda got more points than he got for the sticker dunk. Jordan is a ol' hater! that was probably the best part of the whole dunk contest. Gerald Green is nice but he didn't do anything that hasn't been seen before. The midget needs to retire from all future dunk competitions.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Anyone else feel that Howard got robbedin the slam dunk championship with that sticker dunk!

oh hells yeah he got robbed. he shouldn't have won the whole thing but he most def shoulda got more points than he got for the sticker dunk. Jordan is a ol' hater! that was probably the best part of the whole dunk contest. Gerald Green is nice but he didn't do anything that hasn't been seen before. The midget needs to retire from all future dunk competitions.

I agree, MJ was one point tougher than the rest. Hell, MJ probably couldn't have done that windmill over the box in his prime. You gotta give it to the midget for being cute though. Cute lil ninja turtle he is.

I don't understand how this is not a 50.

Didn't see the game...I need to now:

How fuckin' ill is this picture? 5 future hall-of-famers:

• 3 point contest: impressive. it is soo much harder to shoot off of a rack. arenas and kapono put up huge numbers and dirk's high arcing shot is a piece of art. he needs to put out a teaching video.

dunk contest: Green deserved to win it. Howard's sticker dunk was cool, but he didn't get enough height. Everyone always talks about Wilt snatching quarters off the top of the backboard. If someone can incorporate that into a dunk it will be game over. Even if it involves two seperate jumps.

all-star game: boring. nobody played hard except for Howard and Amare. Lebron embarassed himself early with that off the backboard attempt that almost cost him his nuts. Then he added insult to injury by chucking up a few selfish airballs.

It was good to see Ray Allen get some looks, and I was thrilled that Shaq played like such a bum in the first half. Kobe is definitely a winner. His eyes lit up when Lebron was guarding him and on the last play he basically blew by him like there wasn't even a defender there. Although, the best play of the night was when Gilbert Arenas dunked off of the trampoline.

• dunk contest: Green deserved to win it. Howard's sticker dunk was cool, but he didn't get enough height. Everyone always talks about Wilt snatching quarters off the top of the backboard. If someone can incorporate that into a dunk it will be game over. Even if it involves two seperate jumps.

yeah that was awesome when he jumped over that ottoman in the finals

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My suggestions on how to make All-Star weekend more exciting in the future...

A U.S. vs. The World game with American NBA players vs. their foriegn counterparts. Would be a close and interesting game.

Slam Drunk Contest - In between each attempt each player has to do a shot of Jose Cuervo.......by the time Little Nate is making his 14th attempt he'll be drunk as a skunk and fall on his face. Great entertainment value. This will motivate these dudes to make their dunk on their FIRST TRY!!!

Trick Shot /H.O.R.S.E. Competition - I wanna see shots from the 10th row, the catwalk up near the ceiling and Nash kick one in from half court.

And since the Barkley race was so popular I thought we could have some more...

Relay race between Doug Christie and Jason Kidd vs. Their wives.

Spud Webb vs. Manute Bol

Stephen Jackson vs. The Local Police Dept.

John Ameachi vs.Tim Hardaway

David Stern vs. Mark Cuban carrying a suitcase filled with a billion in cash.

• Re: Dunk Contest

Green killed it. The Dee Brown imitation and the cardboard cutout shit was great as was his final monster dunk over that box, he put on a show. Nate Robinson was completely boring and unoriginal. Again, he's short. Big deal. He has no style. It's a dunk contest for the best dunk, not the shortest guy who can get to the rim. I'm glad they judged him accordingly. Tyrus was lame. Howard was OK but it really wasn't that impressive and the gimmick wasn't that exciting.

Re: the game, nothing too exciting, as usual. glad to see Carmelo putting up decent numbers. Kobe was on fire. I watched the 3rd quarter, that was enough.

• Trick Shot /H.O.R.S.E. Competition - I wanna see shots from the 10th row, the catwalk up near the ceiling and Nash kick one in from half court.

Aparrently, they used to have a HORSE competition at half-time of the All-Star Game. I think it would be boring.

The only event I would like to see is a 1-on-1 competition. This will never happen, but can you imagine the hype for a Kobe v. Lebron....or Kobe v. Shaq.

• annual brendan haywood v. etan thomas grudge match

[edit - i meant brendan 'todd' haywood]

• Nate Robinson was completely boring and unoriginal. Again, he's short. Big deal. He has no style. It's a dunk contest for the best dunk, not the shortest guy who can get to the rim.

I'm sorry to hear that... He made some pretty nice dunks (especially the first and the last one)! The thing is, he made way too much attempts... A dunk should be limited to three attempts. Two minutes + two attempts is just ridiculous!

Green killed it. The Dee Brown imitation and the cardboard cutout shit was great as was his final monster dunk over that box, he put on a show.

• Green killed it. The Dee Brown imitation and the cardboard cutout shit was great as was his final monster dunk over that box, he put on a show.

So who topped him then? Nate? Dwight? Please be serious.

Green killed it. The Dee Brown imitation and the cardboard cutout shit was great as was his final monster dunk over that box, he put on a show.

So who topped him then? Nate? Dwight? Please be serious.

They all sucked ....They all should have been sent home.

It was a disgrace

How many times do we have to see these dudes change jerseys and do a "tribute dunk" ? yaaawwwwnnnnn

The cardboard cutout was an ok idea ....but Nate found a way to get involved and be the center of attention (as he always does) and ruined that dunk for Gerald

The alley oop over the backboard from Pierce was wack

The final dunk over the table was high school shit ...I can't tell you how many times i've seen that dunk in high school/college dunk contests

• The final dunk over the table was high school shit ...I can't tell you how many times i've seen that dunk in high school/college dunk contests

i'm not saying it hasn't been done, but that was the most difficult dunk all night. he took off from behind the dotted line, off of two feet, and did that whole dee brown cover your eyes thing. lebron and kobe could not do that dunk if you paid them. so i dont know who all these high schoolers could be.

The final dunk over the table was high school shit ...I can't tell you how many times i've seen that dunk in high school/college dunk contests

i'm not saying it hasn't been done, but that was the most difficult dunk all night. he took off from behind the dotted line, off of two feet, and did that whole dee brown cover your eyes thing. lebron and kobe could not do that dunk if you paid them. so i dont know who all these high schoolers could be.

I'm with Ed on this one......that table move was

• he actually did the dee brown thing on the dunk over Nate. on the table dunk, he windmilled it and basically brought the ball down to his feet. i don't know. everyone of his dunks could not be replicated by any other dude in the nba (except for vince in his prime). what more do u want?

lebron and kobe could not do that dunk if you paid them.

Stop it

so i dont know who all these high schoolers could be.

High school kids jump over tables,chairs,people,boxes,basketball racks and all kind of shit ...Kobe jumped over 3 dudes in a high school dunk contest

everyone of his dunks could not be replicated by any other dude in the nba

dude stop....you from Boston ?

Jeeez.....here's a 360 over the table with a dude laying on top of it by some guy in the BBL?? British Basketball League??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHqkBC5DE0U

Need more proof??

• lebron and kobe could not do that dunk if you paid them.

Stop it
    so i dont know who all these high schoolers could be.

High school kids jump over tables,chairs,people,boxes,basketball racks and all kind of shit ...Kobe jumped over 3 dudes in a high school dunk contest

there is a difference between jumping over a table, and taking off from the dotted line off of two feet, jumping over a table, and windmilling that sh*t from your feet.

enough with the "stop it". i'm the soulstrut authority on dunking and all things related to kobe pre nba (sorry yuichi), but i played against the dude from 8th-12th grade. he wasnt dunking like gerald green back then...or now, imo.

• Jeeez.....here's a 360 over the table with a dude laying on top of it by some guy in the BBL?? British Basketball League??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHqkBC5DE0U

Need more proof??

green jumped from much further out, had better hang time, and the degree of difficulty on a 180 (that wasnt a 360) is lower, imo, than what green did with the ball.

plus, i didnt say there arent better dunkers out there than him. take a look at the and-1 dude who did a 720. but i really doubt that any nba players can f*ck with him right now. vince in his prime, definitely. kobe and lebron have hops, but green is sick!

• the two dunks p. pierce helped with were pretty stupid, esp. that over-the-backboard alley oop. he's a good leaper but doesnt do all that much with it

I agree more or less with KVH. The off side of the backboard, two hand windmill dunk was sweet. His last dunk was impressive too, considering where he took off from. The Dee Brown and over the backboard dunk were lackluster though.

You guys are way too jaded. He had that flair to his dunks. I'm not mad at all.

You guys are way too jaded.

You are probably right.....just about everything has been done by the Vince, MJ, Nique crew......and the judges were DEFINITELY jaded..

I think the big problem is we can get on Youtube and see dunks that blow EVERY one of Green's away in a big way.....

That James White High School jam that Philly Phil posted earlier in the thread would have won Saturday night.

And I'm sure all of you have seen the legendary "720" dunk.

You guys are way too jaded.

You are probably right.....just about everything has been done by the Vince, MJ, Nique crew......and the judges were DEFINITELY jaded..

I think the big problem is we can get on Youtube and see dunks that blow EVERY one of Green's away in a big way.....

That James White High School jam that Philly Phil posted earlier in the thread would have won Saturday night.

Exactly. If you were right there in the front row when these dudes threw down. You woulda said "ooh shiit". That or wings at Hooters drinking a cold one, woulda made you excited.

Windmill from the freethrow line? And every year we think it's . Just remember, the "Air up there" and James White, these are some of the most incredible dunks we've EVER seen. They've made a name for themselves as dunkers. I don't think it's fair to compare them to PROs, nawmean?

• That James White High School jam that Philly Phil posted earlier in the thread would have won Saturday night.

I understand and agree, but let's remember this competition is for players who have made it to the NBA, the most prestigious basketball league in the world. I know the competition is about dunks, but it's also about NBA players, not high school or and1 players.

That said, it would be cool to see an NBA vs. Non-NBA type of skills competition or even some 3-on-3 games or something to that effect.

• I need to do more reading before I comment but I'm hearing the off-the-court business in LV this weekend was beyond a joke. Stupid fights and all kinds of bullshit. What are you all hearing? Bill Simmons' column deals w/ that and I had some blurbs from allhiphop.com forwarded to me.....

I need to do more reading before I comment but I'm hearing the off-the-court business in LV this weekend was beyond a joke. Stupid fights and all kinds of bullshit. What are you all hearing? Bill Simmons' column deals w/ that and I had some blurbs from allhiphop.com forwarded to me.....

I don't know about all that, but I heard from my bro who was in Vegas, and he told me he saw everyone. Busta Rhymes, Ghostface, Wanderlei Silva (of Pride fighting), and a grip of NBA players.