NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• Tim Hardaway: "I Hate Gay People"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6473866

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I gotta say, Eddy Curry was not impressive. He can score, but he's a horrible defender and isn't a good rebounder either.

True. I'm still ridin for him to round out his game.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Warriors beat the Knicks last night. I gotta say, Eddy Curry was not impressive. He can score, but he's a horrible defender and isn't a good rebounder either.

The Knicks got housed last night. GS just out-balled them.

Curry definitely needs to develop his defensive game. But, he's avaraging 7 rebounds a night. That's a solid number, especially considering that David Lee is grabbing most of them.

What do you mean by "isn't a good rebounder"?

• Nene!!!!!!!!

He sure seems to be coming into his own right now doesn't he. He's been a big question mark for a while, but the last 3 weeks he's been killin' it. Huge presence in the paint.

Nene!!!!!!!!

He sure seems to be coming into his own right now doesn't he. He's been a big question mark for a while, but the last 3 weeks he's been killin' it. Huge presence in the paint.

Blake has been dishin like a madman in the last two games.

• Yeah, the Warriors looked good even though they almost blew a 30 point lead.

As for Eddy Curry, that dude needs to at least average 10 boards a game by default! He's 7ft tall and stays in the paint. Rebounds are about desire that guy seems like he is more then content to let David Lee get them.

What was up w/ Isiah starting jerome james and then benching him for the rest of the game after 1 minute of playing time? hilarious! if youre going to showcase a player let him play. no sense of it all.

• Nene!!!!!!!!

Blake has been dishin like a madman in the last two games.

i know they lost and all, but dude had 18 last night. them's real pg numbers. we're lookin' better right now than we have since the brawl. just gotta hold it in down in the 4th still.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Warriors beat the Knicks last night. I gotta say, Eddy Curry was not impressive. He can score, but he's a horrible defender and isn't a good rebounder either.

The Knicks got housed last night. GS just out-balled them.

Curry definitely needs to develop his defensive game. But, he's avaraging 7 rebounds a night. That's a solid number, especially considering that David Lee is grabbing most of them.

What do you mean by "isn't a good rebounder"?

Against the Warriors he got 7 rebounds, ALL on the offensive end. It just didn't look like he was trying. And correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never gotten good rebounding numbers throughout his career has he? 5.4 rpg career avg. for a center his size isn't that good. That's actually pretty down right bad.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    as dennis rodman put it...rebounding is the dirty work of basketball...essential like defence and hustle...

thats unacceptable

• as dennis rodman put it...rebounding is the dirty work of basketball...essential like defence and hustle...

thats unacceptable

rebounding is all about hustle, boxing out, positioning, timing... you dont need to be the most athletic or tallest person, you just need to want it more then the next man. dennis rodman, buck williams, charles barkley those guys come to mind.

• Tim Hardaway: "I Hate Gay People"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6473866

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    as dennis rodman put it...rebounding is the dirty work of basketball...essential like defence and hustle...

thats unacceptable

rebounding is all about hustle, boxing out, positioning, timing... you dont need to be the most athletic or tallest person, you just need to want it more then the next man. dennis rodman, buck williams, charles barkley those guys come to mind.

The Warriors postgame radio program said while Bill Cartwright was coaching the Bulls and had Eddy Curry he said something to the effect of, "Curry would be a good rebounder ... if he would just jump."

Dallas pulled it out but they dont wanna see Houston in the playoffs.
    Van Gundy plays that EastCoast grind game but thier offense execution is fuckin terrible. Dudes are just launchin shit up like crazy. Calm down.

• Dallas pulled it out but they dont wanna see Houston in the playoffs.

Haha. Please be serious. It was a tough game. Who played good and who played bad and who got the W? We beat Houston in the playoffs when we weren't even any good. They got the same team now. Not concerned.

I bet McGrady could have slapped Luther in the back of the Head after that rushed shot with time on the clock last night. They had the ball for the final possession. If I were Dallas I wouldn't be too worried about Houston either. Good game last night, but I think they were lucky to still be in the game at that point.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

thats unacceptable

The Warriors postgame radio program said while Bill Cartwright was coaching the Bulls and had Eddy Curry he said something to the effect of, "Curry would be a good rebounder ... if he would just jump."

God bless Bill Cartwright. Dude was doomed as a coach no matter what, though -- he has the most gravelly voice I've ever heard, like he's a 20-year chain smoker on the morning after a long bender.

Dallas pulled it out but they dont wanna see Houston in the playoffs.
    Haha. Please be serious. It was a tough game. Who played good and who played bad and who got the W? We beat Houston in the playoffs when we weren't even any good. They got the same team now. Not concerned.

Houston's grind out Van Gundy style gives Dallas fits. Yes, Dallas is the better team and Avery has prepped you this year for a more controlled defrnsive style, but at heart ya'll still a West Coast run n gun team.
    Im just sayin they could tire you guys out regardless of the W.

• Dallas pulled it out but they dont wanna see Houston in the playoffs.

Houston's grind out Van Gundy style gives Dallas fits. Yes, Dallas is the better team and Avery has prepped you this year for a more controlled defrnsive style, but at heart ya'll still a West Coast run n gun team.
    Im just sayin they could tire you guys out regardless of the W.

I don't know if the Mavs really are a run n gun team the way they're constructed now. The point was to become more Spurs/Pistons like. Mavs seem to be able to adapt regardless.

Houston is a good team. "If they were in the East" blahblahblah but in the end I agree w/ the Chuckster from last night: "They can't beat the Suns, Spurs or Mavs in a series."

I'm pumped on the two wins this week. Tough road games that the team easily could have lost but there they are in the 4th quarter, getting timely stops, timely buckets and gritting out the "W". There seems to be something special about the squad but as I'm sure y'all will be quick to point out: You don't win shit in February.

"Extremely proud," Avery Johnson said. "Three road wins, are you kidding me? I don't care if they're against my son's team. It's a good win. I'm very hard on this team. But they tolerate me, and I'm trying to stretch them and pull them and they did some good things. We gutted that one out." [/b]

When did Harris start coming off the bench and Devean George starts?

• When did Harris start coming off the bench and Devean George starts?

Avery plays the matchups. If we need a quickness edge, he goes w/ Harris. If the team has a guy like T-Mac where we need extra defenders, he'll go George (or GBuck last night cos George is dinged).

George has been such a timely addition. On Harris, at this point, you start to wonder if he's ever going to develop like a Top 5 pick. He has not been a consistent performer as of yet and maybe his ceiling is lower than initially thought.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I bet McGrady could have slapped Luther in the back of the Head after that rushed shot with time on the clock last night. They had the ball for the final possession. If I were Dallas I wouldn't be too worried about Houston either. Good game last night, but I think they were lucky to still be in the game at that point.

He's a good player and he'll get better. That courage is something to admire though. Very few players wanna have the rock in their hand, let alone take a shot! in the final seconds of a tight game.

He's a good player and he'll get better. That courage is something to admire though. Very few players wanna have the rock in their hand, let alone take a shot! in the final seconds of a tight game.

Courage is one thing, stupidity is another. I've heard good things about Luther's (just can't bring myself to keep calling him "Head") this season. But, unless a decoy play is drawn up in the time out, McGrady should get the ball down one point in the final possession. Luther pulled the trigger too early and missed the target.

• Drewn....Mavs had a tiny bit to do with it as well. They pulled out a trapping defense w/ about two minutes left and executed it well enough to largely deny T-Mac.

Drewn....Mavs had a tiny bit to do with it as well. They pulled out a trapping defense w/ about two minutes left and executed it well enough to largely deny T-Mac.

Sho' ya' right...I don't mean to discount their defense. I just remember how McGrady gave Luther a look like he could see right through the dude on the way back down the floor.

Who playing for the Sophmore Team tonite?

• monta ellis!

im surprised that andris biedrins wasnt invited.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Courage is one thing, stupidity is another. I've heard good things about Luther's (just can't bring myself to keep calling him "Head") this season. But, unless a decoy play is drawn up in the time out, McGrady should get the ball down one point in the final possession. Luther pulled the trigger too early and missed the target.

You see, there's pros and cons to taking a shot early.

Pros: If you miss, you may have a second-chance opportunity.

Cons: Your best player may not be taking the shot.

But then, there's cons to milking the clock for your best player to take a shot at the end too. The offense becomes stagnant and you end up forcing a shot. I've seen it too many times.

Option #1: McGrady taking an early shot.

Option #2: McGrady taking the second-chance opportunity.

13 points in 33 seconds. Luther who? Plaese let us never forget.

Friday, February 16, 2007
    Pippen says he wants to play for contender[/b]

ESPN.com news services

Scottie Pippen says he could come off the bench and provide leadership for a playoff team.

Pippen, 41, hasn't played since February 2004, when a left knee injury forced him to retire. But he told reporters Thursday that he wants to return, hopefully to a contender that could make use of his experience in a playoff run.

He said he's in good shape, his knee is fine and he'd even be willing to sign a 10-day contract to prove what he can do.

"I'm not going to be a nonstop high-flyer like I was in my prime," Pippen said. "But I can still run. I can still dunk. But most of all, I know the game."

Pippen is in Las Vegas, where he will take part in the Shooting Stars contest during NBA All-Star weekend. Bulls guard Ben Gordon and Candice Dupree of the WNBA's Chicago Sky will be Pippen's teammates in the contest.

"I'm thinking of trying to come back for the playoffs," Pippen said. "Something like the last two months of the season, somewhere I can come back and play limited minutes to start, play point forward for someone and build toward the playoffs. It's something I've been thinking about for the last three months."

Pippen said he'd like to eventually become an NBA coach and would be willing to apprentice as an assistant as well.

"But I'd like to play first," he said. "I feel I still have a year and a half of basketball left in me if I'm put in the right situation. I'd even be willing to sign a 10-day contract. At least that would be a start. I just want a chance to show that I can still help a team.''

• Wow. Y'all think Pippen can still contribute?