NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    lakers and suns lost
    the west cries

• I don't believe Nash is playing tonight but still.

i gracefully place my foot in my mouth.

Do you agree to an avatar bet on the 27th of this month Batmon???

• lakers and suns lost
    the west cries

Mavs held Houston to 74. That's thorough. No tears in D-Town.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Atlanta at Phoenix[/b] ATL

I don't believe Nash is playing tonight but still. Do you agree to an avatar bet on the 27th of this month Batmon???

I wont make any "bets" this early.

But Phoenix showed how Nash-dependant they are and how Barbosa's management is average.

To be honest with you, I don't have a lot of faith in them at the moment (watched a lot of losing games lately!), but I still have some faith, I'll take the bet. They play in your house right? It's on.

Hit me w/ an avatar. Its about time Melo & them did their thing.

Raptors Batches!!!

They werent on anybodys radar at the beginning of the season. I like surprises like this.

• again?

"Washington Wizards centers Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas were involved in a fight during practice yesterday, marking at least the third time over the last two seasons that the two have traded punches.

Late last evening, the team suspended Thomas two games for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Haywood and Thomas, who have been sharing a starting role and minutes all season, also clashed following practice on Nov. 2. And Haywood was benched one game for throwing a punch at Thomas during a practice last season.

According to one source with knowledge of the incident, yesterday's fight interrupted an otherwise normal practice and occurred in front of members of the Wizards' front office, including President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld."

maybe etan will find a muse in all of this

Now I look upon my culture,
    I see ballers, sure I do
    Hard corers in Haute Couture, in furs
    Enough to make my ancestry - stir

My brothers among me,
    Kwame a black walnut tree,
    Lorenzo in his Benzo, give Stevie Blake his Vitamin D
    Gheorghe, the Great White Way,
    My endocrine Giant is dying on the parquet

My soldier in hardwood war, Haywood
    I ask: What sound is made from the clapping of one small hand?
    A heart bigger that the prostate gland
    of Abe
    Honest, Master Pollin, an ego so kingly swollen, let me go,
    Because the Foggy Bottom Metro is still an underground railroad

again?

"Washington Wizards centers Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas were involved in a fight during practice yesterday, marking at least the third time over the last two seasons that the two have traded punches.
    Late last evening, the team suspended Thomas two games for "conduct detrimental to the team."
    Haywood and Thomas, who have been sharing a starting role and minutes all season, also clashed following practice on Nov. 2. And Haywood was benched one game for throwing a punch at Thomas during a practice last season.
    According to one source with knowledge of the incident, yesterday's fight interrupted an otherwise normal practice and occurred in front of members of the Wizards' front office, including President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld."

"San Antonio just beat us by what seemed like a hundred but I guess all that matters to him is he didn't get the minutes he thinks he deserves, so he's mad, which results in a displacement of anger," Thomas said. "What does he think, that throwing a cheap shot at me is going to keep him on the floor? Bottom line, I'm not putting up with any garbage from Brendan Todd Haywood, but at the same time, I do feel bad and upset with myself for allowing him to bait me."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bottom line, I'm not putting up with any garbage from Brendan Todd Haywood

::neckroll & fingersnap::

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    maybe etan will find a muse in all of this

Now I look upon my culture,
    I see ballers, sure I do
    Hard corers in Haute Couture, in furs
    Enough to make my ancestry - stir

My brothers among me,
    Kwame a black walnut tree,
    Lorenzo in his Benzo, give Stevie Blake his Vitamin D
    Gheorghe, the Great White Way,
    My endocrine Giant is dying on the parquet

My soldier in hardwood war, Haywood
    I ask: What sound is made from the clapping of one small hand?
    A heart bigger that the prostate gland
    of Abe
    Honest, Master Pollin, an ego so kingly swollen, let me go,
    Because the Foggy Bottom Metro is still an underground railroad

Please to report to underrated posters thread.

• on the bright side, at least he didnt lose any dreadlocks this time around.

i wouldnt expect a dude who wears sandals to be so volatile

it's like how clyde described nate robinson - "pugnacious, cantankerous, and loquacious." lolllll fuck

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    [
    But Phoenix showed how Nash-dependant they are and how Barbosa's management is average.

barbosa's not a point guard and they don't even really play him at that position or that role anymore. When he comes in its just to score. They really do need a back-up point. That guy they signed as a free agent (name escapes me right now) has been a major disappointment.

• Marcus Banks, he is really streaky, but usually bad.

Marcus Banks, he is really streaky, but usually bad.

He seems to be a shooting point guard as well. They're goona need a Steve Blake type guy for insurance.
    'Cause if Nash happens to get into foul trouble in the playoffs......uh oh.Could Raja Bell play a little point.

• To be honest with you, I don't have a lot of faith in them at the moment (watched a lot of losing games lately!), but I still have some faith, I'll take the bet. They play in your house right? It's on.

Hit me w/ an avatar. Its about time Melo & them did their thing.

No doubt! 2 in a row no less, we beat Milwaukee Saturday night.

1 week. Wear it proud!

1 week. Wear it proud!

Marcus Banks, he is really streaky.

He was doing alright against the Hawks but Joe Johnson stole the show. They gave him up for Diaw...interesting that he blossomed at Atlanta.

Marcus Banks, he is really streaky.

He was doing alright against the Hawks but Joe Johnson stole the show. They gave him up for Diaw...interesting that he blossomed at Atlanta.

He knew he'd get the most touches and more money in ATL. Plus Al Harrington is gone.

Ah.

Anyone else staying in today for all the bball?

ABC: Heat at Spurs
    ABC: Lakers at Cavs
    ESPN: Bulls at Suns

Mavs at 76ers on NBA LP, too

!!!

The Portland Trailblazers need new uniforms w/ the quickness. That design is not aging well.

• anyone else watching the lakers game. kobe is sonning lebron!!! the cavs have looked like shit in the second half.

i take back my prior declaration that lebron is the best player in the nba. kobe is putting on a show.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    anyone else watching the lakers game. kobe is sonning lebron!!! the cavs have looked like shit in the second half.

i take back my prior declaration that lebron is the best player in the nba. kobe is putting on a show.

I agree in this game but he was struggling a bit (turnovers!) in the two games prior to today

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    anyone else watching the lakers game. kobe is sonning lebron!!! the cavs have looked like shit in the second half.

Too bad the Lakers are out of sync right now. Once Lamar gets comfortable again, watch out.

Too bad the Suns are out of sync right now. Once Nash and Diaw getback, watch out.

The Warriors lost to the Hawks tonight who are on a road winning streak right now. Soulstrut's own Morse Code was the arena DJ for the first half! Didn't have time to go over there and say hi, but he got put on the big screen at least twice.

• The Warriors lost to the Hawks tonight who are on a road winning streak right now. Soulstrut's own Morse Code was the arena DJ for the first half! Didn't have time to go over there and say hi, but he got put on the big screen at least twice.

i went to the w's v. bulls game on friday night and that was a great game. granted the warriors have a seriously deficient defense, the game was pretty exciting and any time my w's can eek out a win, im happy.

i thought dj soloman was the house dj at the areana? i was hoping the band would be there but nope... is it pride & joy? whats that bands name again?

anyways, jrish will be back after the allstar break and hoepfully baron will be fully healthy too and we can try to make a strong push for the 8th spot of the playoffs.

-rich

They had a high school band play at half time. They weren't very tight.

• im talking about that one band they have playing next to the dj booth, i think its a cover band? They may only play on the weekends, granted this is the first warriors game ive been to since last season so who knows if they were cut for cost saving measures.

Yeah, I know who you're talking about, but can't remember their names either. I was just saying that tonight they had a high school band play.

• im talking about that one band they have playing next to the dj booth, i think its a cover band? They may only play on the weekends, granted this is the first warriors game ive been to since last season so who knows if they were cut for cost saving measures.

Yeah, there are several cover bands rotating on the Cache Creek stage. Pride & Joy is one and Star Celebration is another regular, and some others. They also use guest DJs sometimes instead of only DJ Solomon, which is cool because Solomon just spins the same 5 songs every night. Morse Code definitely be killin' up there! W's are in dire need for Baron or J-Rich to come back. What a terrible ending to the game tonight against the Hawks