NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I missed the highlights on ESPN, anyone see how bad Granger's accident was?

• I missed the highlights on ESPN, anyone see how bad Granger's accident was?

Ouch.

This report said he was released from the hospital:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/insider_070211.html

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i thought dj soloman was the house dj at the areana?

Yeah, he is, but he often brings in other people to play as well.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Uhhh...paging yuichi...

The Knicks just hit last season's win total with 30 games left, on your home floor, with Kobe in the game.

That's a season sweep.

Do you know who Eddie Curry is now?

Eddy Curry #34 of the New York Knicks gets to the hoop for the game winning dunk against the Los Angeles Lakers on February 13, 2007 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I didn't see the game. Lakers just came back from the longest road trip in years. Plus Odom is 70% and still finding his place on the floor. Meanwhile, the Knicks are playing with a chip on their shoulder, just like every other team against the Lakers.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The Knicks have been playing with a chip on their shoulder for the last five years!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I didn't see the game. Lakers just came back from the longest road trip in years. Plus Odom is 70% and still finding his place on the floor. Meanwhile, the Knicks are playing with a chip on their shoulder, just like every other team against the Lakers.

Yuichi, how are you feeling about the possibility of J.Kidd going to the Lakers?

I mean, I know he's "old" and all...

Yuichi, how are you feeling about the possibility of J.Kidd going to the Lakers?

I found this:

It has been confirmed that New Jersey pulled out of the Kidd trade due to concerns over Kwame's ankle and shoulder... New Jersey has requested Bynum to be part of the deal and LA quickly ended discussions... First we lose Caron... Now we lose Kidd... This deal was all but done... You will see a decline in Kidds play as he was 100% onboard with the move and wanted to play in LA...

"NJ requested Bynum and LA quickly ended discussions" lol

I heard that Farmar woulda been part of the deal too. No way Jose.
    Give 'em 3 years with LA, these kids are naturals.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Oh, plaese. After all that talking you've been doing? Tepid excuses.

Oh, plaese. After all that talking you've been doing? Tepid excuses.

I speak truth.

I found this:

It has been confirmed that New Jersey pulled out of the Kidd trade due to concerns over Kwame's ankle and shoulder... New Jersey has requested Bynum to be part of the deal and LA quickly ended discussions... First we lose Caron... Now we lose Kidd... This deal was all but done... You will see a decline in Kidds play as he was 100% onboard with the move and wanted to play in LA...

"NJ requested Bynum and LA quickly ended discussions" lol

I heard that Farmar woulda been part of the deal too. No way Jose.
    Give 'em 3 years with LA, these kids are naturals.

When is that from?

These discussions have been hot and cold for awhile now... I'm not sure they've been conclusively deaded.

Some random Lakers forum. It seems to have been posted recently. Farmar and Bynum would be a pretty steep price to pay. Farmar is a kid that can get 15 point and 7 assists with ample playing time. Bynum will be a double-double dude in 3 years. Not sure if they're allstar material, but they'll be solid with good mentoring.

• for those interested, i think Baron Davis's season is done. Cleaning out debris in the knee? Arthroscopic surgery? Aint that at least 4-8 weeks? shit that dude is done this year. *sigh*

At least jrich will be back. Go W's!

for those interested, i think Baron Davis's season is done. Cleaning out debris in the knee? Arthroscopic surgery? Aint that at least 4-8 weeks? shit that dude is done this year. *sigh*

I feel bad for the dude. It's just that his knees can't support the break neck speed he plays at on a regular basis.

Joe Johnson's gonna be Kidd's injury replacement at the ASG...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    for those interested, i think Baron Davis's season is done. Cleaning out debris in the knee? Arthroscopic surgery? Aint that at least 4-8 weeks? shit that dude is done this year. *sigh*

Even without Baron going down I think the Warriors season was done when they did so poorly on their last roadtrip. The Warriors = Roadkill.

Fuck Valentine and Presidents Holiday.

ALLSTAR WEEKEND BABY. THE BEST ALLSTAR EVENT AMONG THE 4 MAJOR SPORTS. RECOGNIZE, MA BATCHES.

• Fuck Valentine and Presidents Holiday.

ALLSTAR WEEKEND BABY. THE BEST ALLSTAR EVENT AMONG THE 4 MAJOR SPORTS. RECOGNIZE, MA BATCHES.

Yeah, it's not even close. NFL needs to do away w/ its all-star deal.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Wrong place for this argument but: the NHL All-Star Weekend (held this year on a Tuesday/Wednesday) is pretty money:

--Shootouts
    --Target hitting
    --Hardest shot
    --Fastest skater
    --Old-schooler game
    --Goilie contest

Not as flashy as the NBA, but the skill competition is a little bit better in my humble opinion.

• first of all, those are excuses for the lakers loss are stupid. nobody plays with a chip on their shoulders because it's the lakers. suns, spurs, mavs, yes. nobody gets up for the post-shaq lakers.

the knicks are playing better than people want to admit right now. they have a soft schedule coming up so don't be surprised if they rattle off a little win streak soon. i'm not ready to predict a playoff berth or anything but i do think we've already seen the worst of it.

as for the kidd rumors - i think phil would love to have kidd to put alongside kobe while he's still in his prime (and phil loves him some big point guards), but i don't think the lakers have the pieces to make it happen. they could, hypothetically, if they were willing to give up some key guys, but that's not going to happen if it's a 34-year old point guard coming back. balking on the bynum stuff isn't a testament to bynum's ability so much as it is to common basketball sense. you don't cut bait on a 20-year old center for a point guard on his last legs. that just never happens. although i do think bynum is going to develop into a solid player - not too skilled offensively, but able to hold the fort down in the middle.

i think bibby would be a better option for them, honestly. he's had his moments in the playoffs and was clutch (he wasn't sacramento's problem all those years they couldn't get past LA), is much younger than kidd, and isn't on an unreasonable contract. bibby/kobe/walton/odom/bynum could be very nice ... a squad to watch out for the playoffs. he's definitely available as well. sacramento is ready to move in a different direction.

• has a phil jackson team ever made a midseason trade and have that player become a major factor? as much as bibby or kidd would be a major addition to the lake show, how well/fast could they understand and run the complicated system that is the triangle offense?

-rich

first of all, those are excuses for the lakers loss are stupid. nobody plays with a chip on their shoulders because it's the lakers. suns, spurs, mavs, yes. nobody gets up for the post-shaq lakers.

the knicks are playing better than people want to admit right now. they have a soft schedule coming up so don't be surprised if they rattle off a little win streak soon. i'm not ready to predict a playoff berth or anything but i do think we've already seen the worst of it.

as for the kidd rumors - i think phil would love to have kidd to put alongside kobe while he's still in his prime (and phil loves him some big point guards), but i don't think the lakers have the pieces to make it happen. they could, hypothetically, if they were willing to give up some key guys, but that's not going to happen if it's a 34-year old point guard coming back. balking on the bynum stuff isn't a testament to bynum's ability so much as it is to common basketball sense. you don't cut bait on a 20-year old center for a point guard on his last legs. that just never happens. although i do think bynum is going to develop into a solid player - not too skilled offensively, but able to hold the fort down in the middle.

i think bibby would be a better option for them, honestly. he's had his moments in the playoffs and was clutch (he wasn't sacramento's problem all those years they couldn't get past LA), is much younger than kidd, and isn't on an unreasonable contract. bibby/kobe/walton/odom/bynum could be very nice ... a squad to watch out for the playoffs. he's definitely available as well. sacramento is ready to move in a different direction.

I agree with most of the things you said.

BUT, nobody gets up for the post-Shaq lakers? I don't know what you're watching.
    It seems every time the Lakers play, a 2nd string player on the opposing team emerges as a star. lol Road games for the Lakers mean playing in front of max capacity crowds, actually cheering for their team to crush the despicable Lakers. You don't think the players feed off of that?

• thheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Celtics WIN! Go Green!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It seems every time the Lakers play, a 2nd string player on the opposing team emerges as a star. lol Road games for the Lakers mean playing in front of max capacity crowds, actually cheering for their team to crush the despicable Lakers. You don't think the players feed off of that?

A second string player emerges because the Lakers don't play defense.

Nothing would make me happier than the Lakers missing the Playoffs.

Which at this point looks unlikely.

The Lakers w/ only pull the trigger on trade if it makes them on the Suns/Mavs level.If not, they can hang in there and develop them younguns they got.
    If Baron Davis is out Monta Ellis can start. Jackson & Harrington are doing fine.
    Fuck Mike Bibby
    Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The ASG is a Joke.................Ill be watchin though.
    Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That Evans cat on the Lakers has a future.
    Nene!!!!!!!!

Nothing would make me happier than the Lakers missing the Playoffs.

Why? What is your grudge based on? The Lakers & Houston could be upsetters.

• That pic is

If Baron Davis is out Monta Ellis can start. Jackson & Harrington are doing fine.
    Fuck Mike Bibby

Ellis starting at point is not the same. The guy is a scorer and hasn't figured out how to be a point guard, and may not find out. He's a great 3rd guard off the bench, or he can start as a 2 guard.

Jackson and Harrington have been up and down. You didn't get to se the total choke job Jackson had against the Hawks.

The Warriors beat the Knicks last night. I gotta say, Eddy Curry was not impressive. He can score, but he's a horrible defender and isn't a good rebounder either.