NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The West Coast is gonna have the usual boring suspects......

Spurs - Yeah Yeah..Duncan has to be healthy
    Suns - Run and gun in the regular season is just for show...Stoudamire will help their halfcourt game
    Dallas - Hope u learned a lesson from last year. Take it to the hole bitch.
    Clippers - Shit yeah....Tim Thomas aint gonna do shit- hope I'm wrong bitches.
    Lakers - Bynam or someone else has to become the 3rd option
    Nuggets - Should be interesting
    Utah - Dont sleep
    Warriors - Fun to watch but I dont see a complete turn around. Nellie is tha shit!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

The Knicks were about that business last night, boy! Yeah, they collapsed in the 4th, losing a 19 point lead, but came through 3 OTs later. I think most folks saw a little bit of heart last night. NAGL for Crawford to be chucking up potential game-winners when he was shooting .100 for the game, but I can't complain with starting the season off with a W.

b/w

THANK GOD FOR NBA LEAGUE PASS

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Cavs 97
    Wizards 94

sup w/ Gilberts basic "no show" is he injured???? next up San Antonio.....

pistons - benny = letting the bucks score 68 pts in the paint.

"Points in the paint, somebody's got to look that up, is that a record or something?" new center Nazr Mohammed said.

"That was a lot of points in the paint," said Mohammed, who had eight points and 12 rebounds in his Pistons debut. "I've never seen that number on a piece of paper."

That's on YOUR ass, Nazy!!!

Sounding straight up incompetent off the starting block...*sigh*...

Don't be surprised to see Joe D. make another big man acquisition move in the near future if this continues much longer.

• pistons - benny = letting the bucks score 68 pts in the paint.

"Points in the paint, somebody's got to look that up, is that a record or something?" new center Nazr Mohammed said.

"That was a lot of points in the paint," said Mohammed, who had eight points and 12 rebounds in his Pistons debut. "I've never seen that number on a piece of paper."

Don't be surprised to see Joe D. make another big man acquisition move in the near future if this continues much longer.

lol, I can't believe he said that shit.

NAGL for Crawford to be chucking up potential game-winners when he was shooting .100 for the game

David Lee was rescuing their asses.

Cavs 97 Wizards 94
    sup w/ Gilberts basic "no show" is he injured????

Larry Hughes clamped down on 'em.

NAGL for Crawford to be chucking up potential game-winners when he was shooting .100 for the game

David Lee was rescuing their asses.

HUGE reverse dunk (near the end of regulation?)

CRUCIAL rebound after Miller's botched shot to put the game away.

I read that Lee gripped that rebound all the way into the locker room and presented it to Isiah to commemorate the victory.

A good look.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Y'all mofos better not jump on the dick. This cat is gonna blow the fuck up This season.
    New jack Orlando fans

Why is there not enough space?

On the real dough, Dwight Howard got that protoypical center body. I'm feelin' him (ayo!)

Cavs 97
    Wizards 94

sup w/ Gilberts basic "no show" is he injured????

Naw doggie, he said he only got an hour and half of sleep, cuz he was in the gym all night shooting around. Gilber Arenas in mid season form is pretty sick though.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    pistons - benny = letting the bucks score 70 pts[/b] in the paint.

nazy is a f*ckin moron... and what is it with the curse of our second string pgs always hogging the ball. i guess those sonics fans were right.

o and i am SOO glad the nba is back... shoulda never left
    /marquee.

Detroit doesnt need Mohammed to go crazy in the paint. They need theyre bench to emerge.
    Mcdyess and them have to carry they load.

I was gonna create a new post but Ill keep it within the NBA thread.

Me a my boy was wondering where is Dwayne Wade's sneaker campaign? Last night I finally peeped Converse's commercial. Dude won a championship and Converse didnt do shit all summer. No pre-buzz hype,nuthin. Whatever.

The new kicks look wack. He's got a pair for the Xmas day games.
    Candy Coated!!!!!

But Im gonna cop a pair of the originals and keep them on ice. Dont sleep.

Me a my boy was wondering where is Dwayne Wade's sneaker campaign? Last night I finally peeped Converse's commercial. Dude won a championship and Converse didnt do shit all summer. No pre-buzz hype,nuthin. Whatever.

It's Converse, man.
    Have we ever known them to makes waves in the advertising/marketing department?

Nike on the other hand...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    It's Converse, man.
    Have we ever known them to makes waves in the advertising/marketing department?
    ?

The new kicks look wack. He's got a pair for the Xmas day games.
    Candy Coated!!!!!

But Im gonna cop a pair of the originals and keep them on ice. Dont sleep.

I actually like the new one better. I think he represents their company really well.

It's Converse, man. Have we ever known them to makes waves in the advertising/marketing department?

The Grandmama campaign is one of the most memorable. But this was before NIKE aquired them.

I actually like the new one better.

Look familiar?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rasheed ,Bibby & Carmelo (THREE ALL STARS) get ejected opening night on some bullshit .....i'm not sure who is going to raise hell first TNT,ABC or The fans ....Its time for Stern and that idiot Billy Hunter to go...this is really,really bad and they should be ashamed ....assholes

i'm pissed dammit ...fuck Earl Boykins ..i want to see Carmelo

Rasheed ,Bibby & Carmelo (THREE ALL STARS) get ejected opening night on some bullshit .....i'm not sure who is going to raise hell first TNT,ABC or The fans ....Its time for Stern and that idiot Billy Hunter to go...this is really,really bad and they should be ashamed ....assholes

i'm pissed dammit ...fuck Earl Boykins ..i want to see Carmelo

so what's the deal again. Almost like a zero tolerance with refs or something right?

shit talking is half the fun in basketball. How much more "corporate" do they want to make this game? The ness is slowly disappearing from the NBA game. Soon the game will be catered towards a bunch of important people paying big bucks to see an emotionless game. Where players just turn their head and walk off after a horrific call by the refs, while court-side important people chat away not even paying attention to the game, and only do so when Nick Van Exel finally blows up and throws a bow or something.

I don't like Steve Kerr as commentator.

I miss Chick Hearn.

I miss the days when AI would make the headlines cuz he would have on baggy-ass clothes, chain and all for pre/post-game interviews.

I already miss the Sactown/LA rivalry.

Maybe i'm just getting old...who feels me?

I'm with both of you on this. Even short of ejections, last night Francisco Elson got a tech for "taunting" when he yelled (consequently in Damp's face) after a monster dunk during last night's game. A tech! That shit is fucking WEAK!!!

I don't know how that power can be taken back, though. I don't see the league saying, "OK, we went a bit overboard..."

So yeah, it seems like an emotionless game is where we're headed.

• I don't like Steve Kerr as commentator.

Thank you.

Him and Marv were awful last night. It's like they weren't even paying attention to the game.

Dood. It's Herr Stern. He's gonna ruin this shit. Drag the Association down to MLB's level. He's absolutley trying to pretty up this league for Corporate $$ and approval.

See im all for cats shutting the fuck up when the ref makes a call. That Rasheed attitude is childish. Does every cat have to act surprised after a call and then jaw off at the ref? Im w/ Stern w/ the post whitsle yappin, but giving cats techs for taunting/screamin/celebrating/scrowling is st8 stupid.

Sterns happy starting five -

Yao Ming
    Shane Battier
    Grant Hill
    Kirk Hinrick
    Steve Nash

Marcus Camby =

He has really resurrected himself. What he does for Denver is sick.

• See im all for cats shutting the fuck up when the ref makes a call. That Rasheed attitude is childish. Does every cat have to act surprised after a call and then jaw off at the ref?

i like when guys yell at the refs. aside from the entertainment value, it shows that the player is fired up and i have seen T's ignite players and teams. obviously, if its the fourth quarter of a close game and you get a T... , but this rarely happens, and when it does, its usually a coach who gets it.

also, refs are to blame too. if allen iverson gets a forearm from shaq and the refs blow it, i think the pain alone warrants at least a scowl from the little guy. fuck refs. i'm with rasheed and all the other whiners. call the waambulance!!!

btw, last night i got a tech in my local lawyer's basketball league. it was obviously undeserved.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    last night Francisco Elson got a tech for "taunting" when he yelled (consequently in Damp's face) after a monster dunk during last night's game. A tech! That shit is fucking WEAK!!!

I do hope the refs scale back a bit in the enforcement of these rules--after all, it is entirely up to their discretion. In the heat of competition, players should be allowed to vent frutration and so on. However, when crybaby Rasheed gets sand in his vagina, it's just all around, and I've got no issues with T-ing up weepy bitches like that.

So basically, I'm down with the clampdown because I'm no fan of seeing grown men act like five-year-olds, but I do think that the refs have taken it too far. I'm thinking that they're going to get more lenient as the season goes on but they want to set a hard tone right out out of the gate.

i like when guys yell at the refs.fuck refs. i'm with rasheed and all the other whiners. call the waambulance!!!

So when the game gets sanitized I'll thank you and similar fans. So u want AND1 basketball GTFOHWTB!!!

Classless Sportsmanship and spoiled millionaires =

• i like when guys yell at the refs.fuck refs. i'm with rasheed and all the other whiners. call the waambulance!!!

So when the game gets sanitized I'll thank you and similar fans. So u want AND1 basketball GTFOHWTB!!!

arguing with the refs isnt AND 1 style basketball, its just what happens in the heat of the moment with emotional players. a lot of the all time greats get techs on the regular. they aren't crybabies, its just hard to put things in perspective when you've got that adrenaline pumping. its a diff story when it effects the player's game, but i've watched AI play a thousand times and usually when he bitches at the refs....you can expect to see someone get torched on the next play.

i like when guys yell at the refs.fuck refs. i'm with rasheed and all the other whiners. call the waambulance!!!

arguing with the refs isnt AND 1 style basketball, its just what happens in the heat of the moment with emotional players. a lot of the all time greats get techs on the regular. they aren't crybabies, its just hard to put things in perspective when you've got that adrenaline pumping. its a diff story when it effects the player's game, but i've watched AI play a thousand times and usually when he bitches at the refs....you can expect to see someone get torched on the next play.

When the 10th man off the bench yells at the ref that's bullshit. Only Allstars should get some leeway.
    Many of these cats arent "emotional" but pampered bitches who dont know how to contain themselves.
    This behavior is classless. I like the Tim Duncan steelo - only complains w/ he really feels cheated, not at every fuckin call.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Many of these cats arent "emotional" but pampered bitches who dont know how to contain themselves.
    This behavior is classless. I like the Tim Duncan steelo - only complains w/ he really feels cheated, not at every fuckin call.

Yus. It got a little out of hand. But, so far this year, the refs are a little out of hand -- Captain Kirk on the Bulls was T'd up against the Magic for raising his hands but he was facing the crowd, with his back to the ref. Was the ref calling a technical for what he thought he saw, for something a guy in the audience might have seen?

Hopefully by week four, everything will even out and we'll have some sort of medium between Bitchmade 'Sheed and the buttoned-down, strictly business '70s game. Sure you want to argue a call now and again but the Boy Who Cried Wolf effect doesn't work.