noz's jay-z post

12345679»

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    wow did not expect to see a post of mine while reading this thread. didn't even know i'd been on this site for 4 years. i think i've kept my 'lil dude' status the whole time. good effort by harv in this thread, i must say. for someone who obv values 'local experience' in his music, he kind of shit the bed here.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    anyone have the original article cached?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I have never met anyone who shat on OB4CL

In the several years since, not one but *two* Respected Soulstrut Dudes have dissed OB4CL in my presence! So there's that.

I have been jamming Reasonable Doubt a lot over the last 6 months, and I've never been more convinced of Noz' error.
    the argument was never that it was a bad record, just that it was overappreciated relative to how underappreciated his next few albums were, which is still very much on point i think

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    deej said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I have never met anyone who shat on OB4CL

In the several years since, not one but *two* Respected Soulstrut Dudes have dissed OB4CL in my presence! So there's that.

I have been jamming Reasonable Doubt a lot over the last 6 months, and I've never been more convinced of Noz' error.

the argument was never that it was a bad record, just that it was overappreciated relative to how underappreciated his next few albums were, which is still very much on point i think

At first I thought this poast was referring to Raekwon, and I thought that it was so crazy that I had to reread it a few times to understand.