Cam'ron To Confront Pedophiles on DVD

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
this is perhaps the most insane thing i've ever read. i think cam'ron the humorist-turned-vigilante-enforcer is even more interesting than cam'ron the rapper.http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1522994/20060201/story.jhtml
Throughout his career, Cam'ron has put more than a few MCs on notice, but now he's turning his scorn toward sexual predators who try to hook up with kids on the Internet. In October Cam plans on putting out a DVD featuring several of his own sting."I saw a special that MSNBC had done one time on [adults] on the Internet thinking they're talking to 13- or 14-year-olds," Cam explained of the inspiration for his latest and most surprising endeavor. "These people drive 200, 300 miles just to meet a 13- or 14-year-old. It ranges from teachers to rabbis to construction workers. It's just disgusting."We set up a similar situation where we are videotaping people thinking they're gonna meet little kids," he continued. "When they get there, it's gonna be me and [my manger] Big Joe like, 'What the hell are you doing, you damn pervert? What the f--- is wrong with you, coming to meet a 13-year-old boy?' We're gonna talk to them and not let them leave until we find out what's wrong with them."So far Cam has caught two people in compromising positions, he said, and he wants to catch at least eight more for the still-untitled DVD. According to his crew, the Diplomats, there will be no police involvement.

Comments

• We're gonna talk to them and not let them leave until we find out what's wrong with them.
    "Sum up your affliction and Jim Jones won't get gully on your ass. AY!!"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    According to his crew, the Diplomats, there will be no police involvement[/b].
    Somehow I can see this escalating into something.... well, something that won't be released on dvd.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Will it sell, you think?

• Cam'ron luh da kids.

But not like that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Are there any other rappers who would do something like this?

• Somehow I can see this escalating into something.... well, something that won't be released on dvd
    Yeah, it makes me think of Summer of Sam

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Shit is crazy.....the TV show that did this managed to lure 40 men to come to a home to have sex with an underaged boy/girl in less than a week, in one location in Cali....they had three of them show up at the same time!!!! There are way too many sick fuckers out there.....these guys were school teachers, FBI agents, musicians, an overall wide variety of folks.......a wide variety of ages too.....something needs to be done and I give props to Cam'ron and I hope he doesn't get in any trouble for his actions.....unfortunately I don't think you can simply shame and embarrass these perverts into stopping.

Somehow I can see this escalating into something.... well, something that won't be released on dvd
    Yeah, it makes me think of Summer of Sam
    I was thinking more along the lines of cam'ron interrogative freestyle:

you came to get yourself a boy toy
    now you become my boy toy
    type on the computer, love
    trying to meet your computer love
    we meet in the dark park
    gonna make your eye dark
    i luh the kiddies

Sorry, my cam'ron impressions aren't up to par.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    didn't cam'ron confess to have an incestuous relationship with his aunt when he was young?

didn't cam'ron confess to have an incestuous relationship with his aunt when he was young?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Are there any other rappers who would do something like this?

kool keith

• Who is Cam'ron?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

with his aunt? are you serious? This is capital bizzarro!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm pretty sure even if it were true, it's more of his aun't bad than his.

This is just another Guzzo attempt to take something positive from someone he doesn't like and turn it around so that it fit his own preconcieved notion that there's a class of rappers (maybe even people) that are completely worthless to society.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Shit is crazy.....the TV show that did this managed to lure 40 men to come to a home to have sex with an underaged boy/girl in less than a week, in one location in Cali....they had three of them show up at the same time!!!! There are way too many sick fuckers out there.....these guys were school teachers, FBI agents, record nerds[/b], musicians, an overall wide variety of folks.......a wide variety of ages too.....something needs to be done and I give props to Cam'ron and I hope he doesn't get in any trouble for his actions.....unfortunately I don't think you can simply shame and embarrass these perverts into stopping.

there's a class of people that are completely worthless to society. [/b]

Pedophiles

For the record, I really like Cam'Ron as a rapper.

But seriously, this is not a very constructive way of approaching the problem of pedophilia. What he should be doing, if this was such a concern to him and his crew, would be to start donating some of the ridiculous money the Diplomats make into already established organizations that have proven themselves capable of helping to solve the problem.

Meeting dudes in some dark park and scaring them by the ones and twos isn't going to do shit. Sorry, I hate pedophilia as much as the next dude, but this is just absurd.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

But seriously, this is not a very constructive way of approaching the problem of pedophilia.

I strongly disagree. Society needs more superheroe rappers to straight things up

But seriously, this is not a very constructive way of approaching the problem of pedophilia.

I strongly disagree. Society needs more superheroe rappers to straight things up
    There is some truth in what you say, but making a DVD where you go and scurr some pedophiles? Please.

Make a public statement, start some NGO's. Put in some work. Jumping on the reality TV bandwagon is seriously . People are not going to watch the DVD for its analysis and inspiration. They're going to watch it for the absurdity.

No one has proven being capable of solving the problem....it's worse today than ever and has the lowest recidivism rate of any crime in our society...I'm not saying vigilantism is the answer, but whatever we're doing isn't working ....and the Internet is the pedophiles Yellow Brick Road.....maybe Elton John can get involved and donate all the $$$ from his single "Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me"???

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    No one has proven being capable of solving the problem....it's worse today than ever and has the lowest recidivism rate of any crime in our society...I'm not saying vigilantism is the answer, but whatever we're doing isn't working

• this is perhaps the most insane thing i've ever read. i think cam'ron the humorist-turned-vigilante-enforcer is even more interesting than cam'ron the rapper.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1522994/20060201/story.jhtml

Throughout his career, Cam'ron has put more than a few MCs on notice, but now he's turning his scorn toward sexual predators who try to hook up with kids on the Internet. In October Cam plans on putting out a DVD featuring several of his own sting.

"I saw a special that MSNBC had done one time on [adults] on the Internet thinking they're talking to 13- or 14-year-olds," Cam explained of the inspiration for his latest and most surprising endeavor. "These people drive 200, 300 miles just to meet a 13- or 14-year-old. It ranges from teachers to rabbis to construction workers. It's just disgusting.

"We set up a similar situation where we are videotaping people thinking they're gonna meet little kids," he continued. "When they get there, it's gonna be me and [my manger] Big Joe like, 'What the hell are you doing, you damn pervert? What the f--- is wrong with you, coming to meet a 13-year-old boy?' We're gonna talk to them and not let them leave until we find out what's wrong with them."

So far Cam has caught two people in compromising positions, he said, and he wants to catch at least eight more for the still-untitled DVD. According to his crew, the Diplomats, there will be no police involvement.

Man, if you ever met Big Joe, you would almost feel sorry for those kid-touching freaks. Big Joe is, um, really big.

No one has proven being capable of solving the problem....it's worse today than ever and has the lowest recidivism rate of any crime in our society...I'm not saying vigilantism is the answer, but whatever we're doing isn't working

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

What does this jpeg mean? Are sweet potatoes the answer?

Yes, I think we should all sit down with some grits and explain to pedophiles that they are morally wrong. Maybe we can make a DVD about it and call it "Conversations with fire".

Exactly

No one has proven being capable of solving the problem....it's worse today than ever and has the lowest recidivism rate of any crime in our society...I'm not saying vigilantism is the answer, but whatever we're doing isn't working[/b] ....and the Internet is the pedophiles Yellow Brick Road.....maybe Elton John can get involved and donate all the $$$ from his single "Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me"???
    That may be correct, but do you really think that with all the capital and monetary resources that high-profile rappers like Cam'Ron have, that this DVD is the BEST they can come up with? That this, out of all the other "shit that ain't working", is really going to make a difference?

Does that DVD even approach the problem of why pedophiles exist in the first place? Did Cam'Ron even do any research on his own behalf? Or was he sitting in his pink leather chair one day, thinking "Child touching is bad, yo Imma solve this, I luh the kiddies"?

Fuck, the more I think about this the more it pisses me off.

Yes, I think we should all sit down with some grits and explain to pedophiles that they are morally wrong. .

Having sex with a 10 year old is "morally wrong"??

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Yes, I think we should all sit down with some grits and explain to pedophiles that they are morally wrong. Maybe we can make a DVD about it and call it "Conversations with fire".

then drop the hot gritz in their lap

No one has proven being capable of solving the problem....it's worse today than ever and has the lowest recidivism rate of any crime in our society...I'm not saying vigilantism is the answer, but whatever we're doing isn't working[/b] ....and the Internet is the pedophiles Yellow Brick Road.....maybe Elton John can get involved and donate all the $$$ from his single "Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me"???
    That may be correct, but do you
    really think that with all the capital and monetary resources that high-profile rappers like Cam'Ron have, that this DVD is the BEST they can come up with? That this, out of all the other "shit that ain't working", is really going to make a difference?

Does that DVD even approach the problem of why pedophiles exist in the first place? Did Cam'Ron even do any research on his own behalf? Or was he sitting in his pink leather chair one day, thinking "Child touching is bad, yo Imma solve this, I luh the kiddies"?

Fuck, the more I think about this the more it pisses me off.

The TV Network that did this had Police on hand and all the offenders were arrested....the laws themselves and the punishment need to be stricter....in January a man convicted of having sex with a six year old girl over a period of 2 years was sentenced to 60 days in jail!!!