Young Jeezy: Thug Motivation 101 = Modern Classic?

Comments

• if you don't like jeezy, you don't like rap

i usually just read these threads, but my man PUUUH LEEEZ!!!!!!!

tell me what is so unique/ different about young jeezy ? last time i checked ive heard all this shit before
    but done much better.

its the same ol same ol...dudes yapping about macs and straps and $$ and bitches and cars....yawn.

the term classic should be held in high regard...do i even need to name "classics"
    its funny in 2006 cats still cant touch shit from 86

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    True, its basicly straightforward lyrically, its pretty much all drugs and jewelry, but at the same time its hardly a happy record. Its all about personal drive amidst pure desparation,

so what sets it apart from tons of other records that you can apply this same description to? (seriously, no smart ass question)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    btw, what's the consensus on the new jeezy tape?

more than eeeeeehhhh, imho

• what the fuck is new rap?

recent rap.

• I think "The Light" firmly placed common in the mind of many a young soccer mom. You need to be more connected to the cleats mang.;)

come on, no soccer moms even heard that shit. only the headwrap and incense king most set.

this is the cleats. i am the trap.

Dude, "the light" was an MTV hit(kind of) and all the liberal arts college girls who thought Common was so sensitive and hunky in his macram?? style gear are now popping out kids and leasing mini vans. It was like the one song I would play out at parties in college that would have all the preppy chicks coming up to me all drunk and telling me how much that song meant to them. Somewhere in their private mind garden they would think some dude at the party would take them home and want to discus their feelings and make them herbal tea when in reality they would get laid drunkenly by some frat dude who is now the father of their little soccer playing tike.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    what the fuck is new rap?

recent rap.

"Recent Rap" is a much better title for this stuff. Hah, almost as good as "Random Rap"

• yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry had 2 do it 2

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've never heard of thug motivation 101.

the only reason i heard of trap music is because anna was explaining it to me.

i think she played some of it in her car, but i'm not really sure. it was kinda boring though, whatever it was.

a side note: never trust a person named winston, and chubby computer nerd fags who can't get laid talking about what makes a rap album a classic. not directed at anybody in particular.

or....

WAS IT?!?!?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    True, its basicly straightforward lyrically, its pretty much all drugs and jewelry, but at the same time its hardly a happy record. Its all about personal drive amidst pure desparation,

so what sets it apart from tons of other records that you can apply this same description to? (seriously, no smart ass question)

Cause its an uncompromising album. The whole thing is songs for the streets. And just the way he talks about shit, no slick metaphors or complicated shit, just simple shit delivered in a fresh way.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I've never heard of thug motivation 101.

the only reason i heard of trap music is because anna was explaining it to me.

i think she played some of it in her car, but i'm not really sure. it was kinda boring though, whatever it was.

a side note: never trust a person named winston, and chubby computer nerd fags who can't get laid talking about what makes a rap album a classic. not directed at anybody in particular.

or....

WAS IT?!?!?

No offense dizzy, but i really dont care to hear what you have to say regarding anything related to rap music. We all know how you feel about it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Dude, "the light" was an MTV hit(kind of) and all the liberal arts college girls who thought Common was so sensitive and hunky in his macram?? style gear are now popping out kids and leasing mini vans. It was like the one song I would play out at parties in college that would have all the preppy chicks coming up to me all drunk and telling me how much that song meant to them. Somewhere in their private mind garden they would think some dude at the party would take them home and want to discus their feelings and make them herbal tea when in reality they would get laid drunkenly by some frat dude who is now the father of their little soccer playing tike.

all i know is i live in the uberburbs and if i were to ask any mom on my street who common was or if they liked "the light" they'd look at me like i was speaking chinese.

• tell me what is so unique/ different about young jeezy ? last time i checked ive heard all this shit before
    but done much better.
    CHARISMA, ATTITUDE & HOT BEATS...if you don't agree, who then is abetter thug rapper WITH as much personality AND hard (no ayo) beats?

its the same ol same ol...dudes yapping about macs and straps and $$ and bitches and cars....yawn.

same shit that's been rapped about on countless "classic" records unless all you listen too is college, emo and nerd rap...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

all i know is i live in the uberburbs and if i were to ask any mom on my street who common was or if they liked "the light" they'd look at me like i was speaking chinese.

Especially if they were chinese and you were speaking fake chinese!

thanks for the direct link!

Hey no problem! That beat is pure !

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    its an uncompromising album. The whole thing is songs for the streets. And just the way he talks about shit, no slick metaphors or complicated shit, just simple shit delivered in a fresh way.

so he lacks metaphors and therefore its a classic?

By the way can you clearly define "streets". Dude raps and brags about being a "snowman" does selling drugs in your community mean your doing something good/ admired?

THAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS RIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHT

• dayday 9,611 Posts

SO NICE IT HAD TO BE SAID TWICE

TRAP OR DIE

• By the way can you clearly define "streets". Dude raps and brags about being a "snowman" does selling drugs in your community mean your doing something good/ admired?

What's it like in your hood? I thought it was all civil and suburban but you schooled me and now I know that there are Neighborhood and Hoover crips and Mexicans. So I'd say you have as good an angle as anyone.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    save the hood, guz!

• what the fuck is new rap?

recent rap.

"Recent Rap" is a much better title for this stuff. Hah, almost as good as "Random Rap"

Ahead of the game

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    By the way can you clearly define "streets". Dude raps and brags about being a "snowman" does selling drugs in your community mean your doing something good/ admired?

What's it like in your hood? I thought it was all civil and suburban but you schooled me and now I know that there are Neighborhood and Hoover crips and Mexicans. So I'd say you have as good an angle as anyone.

well in my "hood" its more like people are trying to pay bills. and raise kids. I can ask around though to see if these parents hope thier kids grow up to sell coke to other kids though, I'll get back to you with the answer

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who's Young Jeezy?

what the fuck is new rap?

recent rap.

Ahead of the game

Duuuuude. I think that's a smart move, it's a lot better than having all rap and hip hop lumped into one big bin.

Get that yaper, JP!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Who's Young Jeezy?

you don't like rap

• By the way can you clearly define "streets". Dude raps and brags about being a "snowman" does selling drugs in your community mean your doing something good/ admired?

well in my "hood" its more like people are trying to pay bills. and raise kids. I can ask around though to see if these parents hope thier kids grow up to sell coke to other kids though, I'll get back to you with the answer

I'd also like to know if these parents who are trying to pay bills (SHOCK!) and raise kids (SHOCK NUMBER TWO! WHERE IS THIS WACKY PLACE YOU LIVE???) would like their kids to become sidebusting wannabe g's claiming hoods they never set foot in. Can you ask them that too?

• tell me what is so unique/ different about young jeezy ? last time i checked ive heard all this shit before
    but done much better.

CHARISMA, ATTITUDE & HOT BEATS...if you don't agree, who then is abetter thug rapper WITH as much personality AND hard (no ayo) beats?

You have got to be kidding right ? Thats what sets him apart from all the other cats in the game right now? CHARISMA =GHOSTFACE!
    ATTITUDE ? how about CLONE !! im soooo tired of drug dealers that rap.
    HOT BEATS ? WOW !

same shit that's been rapped about on countless "classic" records unless all you listen too is college, emo and nerd rap...

You have got to be kidding right ? Thats what sets him apart from all the other cats in the game right now? CHARISMA =GHOSTFACE!

ATTITUDE ? how about CLONE !! im soooo tired of drug dealers that rap.

HOT BEATS ? WOW !

like i said "last time i checked ive heard all this shit before but done much better"

nothing jeezy does is all that...seriously. Yall given this shit labels like classic ? Look at what else exists in this game right now....its alllllllll the same. Classic means groundbreaking,original, standing the test of time, new and different, forefront, maybe even thought provoking..( i know that is alot to handle)
    again...ive heard this shit before, i live around it...show me something i dont know.

ive got a good idea....let me rap about what everybody else is rapping about

shit is dead...rap needs to completely eat itself. Gone are the days of originality and artistry...
    as far as college emo nerd rap...no.

rap is the worst it has ever been right now