Cam Vs Jay (mp3)

123457»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Regardless of whether kids in [name your spot] are feeling Dipset or not what I want to know is this:

What does Cam'ron REALISTICALLY stand to win or lose through his decision to go after Jay?

Likewise, what does Jay stand to win or lose in this engagement?

Give me some analysis, clowns batches!

I think Cam does have a chance. The streets perception will definitely weigh in. Cam is trying to go next level w/ his career. But going at J is almost like Wade yappin' about a "retired" Jordan.

*whistle* Yellow flag on hip-hop/basketball analogies.

Hip-hop has yet to create anyone remotely comparable to Jordan's place within basketball.

No doubt.

I'll go to the penalty box..............................."oh shit my wife looks threatened,gotta go!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Guzzy: look up "Swagger Jacker." That's the second joint. hiphopgame.com has it.

thanks...carry on...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Regardless of whether kids in [name your spot] are feeling Dipset or not what I want to know is this:

What does Cam'ron REALISTICALLY stand to win or lose through his decision to go after Jay?

Likewise, what does Jay stand to win or lose in this engagement?

Give me some analysis, clowns batches!

I think Cam does have a chance. The streets perception will definitely weigh in. Cam is trying to go next level w/ his career. But going at J is almost like Wade yappin' about a "retired" Jordan.

*whistle* Yellow flag on hip-hop/basketball analogies.

Hip-hop has yet to create anyone remotely comparable to Jordan's place within basketball.

What? I'm really feeling that analogy...

• *whistle* Yellow flag on hip-hop/basketball analogies.

Camron= Dennis Rodman

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Guzzy: look up "Swagger Jacker." That's the second joint. hiphopgame.com has it.

thanks...carry on...

I heard this 6 months ago on KDAY. Far from a diss track. more like me adding my name to Farenheit 9/11 as claiming I made a scathing documentary against the Bush regime.

• Guzzy: look up "Swagger Jacker." That's the second joint. hiphopgame.com has it.

thanks...carry on...

I heard this 6 months ago on KDAY. Far from a diss track. more like me adding my name to Farenheit 9/11 as claiming I made a scathing documentary against the Bush regime.

hell, give it a try

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Does your location indicate with whom your allegiance lies?

No, I've had that for a few weeks since I saw cashless use it--at the time I thought that he had made it up, although it now appears that that may not be the case.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

No, I've had that for a few weeks since I saw cashless use it--at the time I thought that he had made it up, although it now appears that that may not be the case.

Ah good response.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Has dude ever been good?

cop purple haze... it's a lot better than good

I like that recent joint, It's Nothing feat. Juelz.

For those not in the know, it's the official track with the verse from Rapcity over Dreams... had the "8 whips i'm bout to trade for one spaceship" shit.

Sidebar to NYC heads: Dipset isn't really doin' it on the West Coast like that. Not sure why, but they just aren't (at least not in the Bay).

This is not a judgement, btw. Just an observation.

Dipset ain't really "doin' it" anywhere outside of NYC, I don't think anyone hsa illusions like that...

Dipset had a club out here called "Dipset". They spent months out here and seem to come here just to kick it. They don't even perform most of the time. They're kinda "doin' it" in Houston. Cam even mentions houston in the diss track.

That's why I put it in quotations.

"ya stealing my ways, ya swagger jacking"

• Despite having all this online hype/critical darling BS swirling around, Cam's really just getting to a level where people know his name and check for him nationally. If Jay really goes hard with a humiliating track a la "Takeover", dude could be really damaged (professionally). The industry is so touchy and political these days. I could see people not wanting to piss on Cam if he was on fire if Jay really gets ugly with it.

but cam's official albums don't sell. he's not much of a pop star, and that's the only place jay's industry connections can really do damage.

The only Cam album that didn't at least go gold was SDE, and Come Home With Me went platinum.

He's not a pop star, but he's had significant sales in the past and has the potential for a lot more in the future.

Noixe, Jay Z is one of the biggest forces in the recording industry. I think that ending up on Koch with Purp City and shit wouldn't exactly be a great look for Killa.

Did anyone catch Cam on MissJones this morning?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Please elaborate for non Ny folls!

Despite having all this online hype/critical darling BS swirling around, Cam's really just getting to a level where people know his name and check for him nationally. If Jay really goes hard with a humiliating track a la "Takeover", dude could be really damaged (professionally). The industry is so touchy and political these days. I could see people not wanting to piss on Cam if he was on fire if Jay really gets ugly with it.

but cam's official albums don't sell. he's not much of a pop star, and that's the only place jay's industry connections can really do damage.

The only Cam album that didn't at least go gold was SDE, and Come Home With Me went platinum.

He's not a pop star, but he's had significant sales in the past and has the potential for a lot more in the future.

Noixe, Jay Z is one of the biggest forces in the recording industry. I think that ending up on Koch with Purp City and shit wouldn't exactly be a great look for Killa.

Man, I was trying to hear that, but had to leave for work right before he came on--this job thing is really starting to interfere with my efforts to keep up with the latest in hip-hop beef.

• Did anyone catch Cam on MissJones this morning?

Please elaborate for non Ny folls!

Yeah. I'm not sure he said anything too facemelting. Jay and Un split because they were both in love with Charli Baltimore--"SUCKA FOR LOVE," in Cam's words. Jay was snooping around for Jimmy Jones' Catholic school picture for the I Declare War concert, but to no avail. MissJones was wondering about some rumor that Fame from M.O.P. knocked Jay out at some point recently (Cam had no clue) and another that Juelz punched someone at Def Jam (Cam just laughed and said it was all good). They played "Swagger Jacker" again and MissJones pretended to be shocked, etc. It was corny. The whole Kay Slay "BANG YOUR BARS SLAM YOUR BUNK SING SING HOLLA SAUCE MONEY WHERE YOU AT" air-raid siren bullshit last night was a lot more fun.

Apparently, Cam's next "Swagger Jacker" will pinpoint all the movie lines Jay's lifted. (Yawn)

Up next: Cam accuses Jay of "biting" Jeff Lorber Fusion for the "beat" "to" "Who U Wit."

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah, kay slay was alot more entertaining last night.

i think cam has alot to gain or lose from this. if jay dosen't respond, which i don't think he will, then cam better have ether on stereiods waiting for him.that, and the "hova's ova" mixtape better be fire.

nah I feel that but you really think jay is gonna respond to shots from the biggest rapper in new york by quietly dismantling his career from the inside?

• I mean, soulstrut cogniscenti be damned, the dude made a terrible terd of a diss record and now he has to live with it.

That seems to be the unanimous opinion here.....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

nah I feel that but you really think jay is gonna respond to shots from the biggest rapper in new york by quietly dismantling his career from the inside?

Bad boys move in silence.

Oops, did I just swagger jack?

• Uncunny.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Uncunny.

I'm scared that you knew both of these images well enough to make the connection.

• That shit is all over the internet. Wish I had made the connection though.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    USA Today

Jay-Z says he's not bothered by former Def Jam star Cam'ron, who recently released Gotta Love It, in which he disses Jay-Z.

"The artist in me tells me to respond to that immediately," Jay-Z says. "But I know what that's all about. He has an album coming (Killa Season), and how else is he going to get mentioned in USA TODAY or other publications?"

I, for one, am glad to hear he's not taking the bait. I'm getting too old for this Hip Hop soap opera bullshit.

Herm

• Cam on socks with sandals being a must, even at the beach.

"You gotta take your socks off at the water."

• Cam on socks with sandals being a must, even at the beach.

"You gotta take your socks off at the water."

Jay-Z not even commenting and the above statement is really turning this into a self- ing