Cam Vs Jay (mp3)

Comments

• Here's the next diss by Cam. Sort of. Check the top song.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

• i gotta agree with you Johnny..jay knows too much about Cam. I mean I would be carefully if I was Cam cause Jay could go at him about a numbetr of things. Personally, I never felt Cam..Big L was ALWAYS the nicest in the crew! I just think Cam put his foot in his mouth. The pink/purple age is over!!!! Shitset Shitset!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The pink/purple age is over!!!! Shitset Shitset!!

can we get a disconnected from the streets graemlin?

• i ain't mad i am just not feelin' those cats! I mean to each his own, but I think shitset is a disgrace to Harlem and Hip-Hop period!! I know young cats in the streets are feelin' shitset, but young cats are also feelin' alot of wack shit too! are you mad doggie??!!

• Here's the next diss by Cam. Sort of. Check the top song.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

This again? Man, that's been done to death. Yes, Jigga takes A LOT of verses from dudes, but for Cam to make this song (not even a "song by Cam," really, just a cut and paste with Cam "hosting" it) and to include Jay's line about "when I recite a Big verse, I'm only biggin' up my brother" is just silly.

It was also kinda dumb of him to include the line he allegedly "jacks" from Nas:

Nas: Suede Tims on my feet make my cipher complete

Jay: S-Dots on my feet make my cipher complete

Jay's line isn't a bite; it's a clever flip of Nas's lyric intended as a boast that he has his own damn shoes.

Cam is officially reaching.

• Cam is officially reaching.

For real.

"Biter Not A Writer" isn't so much a shot across the bow as it's something a SoulStrutter would put together to instigate a 5-pager between lil dudes??? and The NYC Hatter Mafia???

But thanks for the history lesson, Cam. You might get some love on okayplayer.com after all!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    it doesn't even rhyme.

• I've had a cut-up track with Jay lines and the original lines on my hard drive for a while! I can't get the link to work at hiphopsite, but this sounds like the same thing. "I'm not a writer, I'm a biter" edit right???

Anyways if it is, this shit is like 6 months old.

Whoa just got the link. I think Cam is just hosting over this track that's been out for months???

• yeah I just found the track on my hard drive. dated july 7th 2005. it's the same thing minus Cam.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Cam's been reaching for a good 10 years now. Has dude ever been good?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Hahahaha!

Cam still sucks in stereo, though.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Well, that's seven-and-a-half minutes of my life I'll never get back. I hope that isn't all Cam's got because, if it is, I don't see this one going into overtime.

I don't buy the suggestion that Jay will take it out on Juelz, though. His album's doing OK and he could even break internationally - if not with this, then with the next record. I see Jay being all about his business with this. I know other people have had their careers killed for calling out the label, but it isn't Juelz doing that. If Jay were to take it there, he might leave himself open to accusations of bringing street business into the boardroom. He's smarter than that.

Agree, if anything I could see Jay/Def Jam pushing Juelz a little more, which also could stem as a "fuck you" to Cam, like here, I helped your boy but you weren't good enough type reason (or whatever for that matter).

• Has dude ever been good?

cop purple haze... it's a lot better than good

• purple haze > the black album

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    While you Internet denizens might have had that "Jay-Z stole shit from this track" mp3 for months, the general public (who decide who wins the battle in the form of sales) has not heard it and for all they know, Jay-Z came up with all his lines. Cam is doing this to actually make something out of this that the general public will care about which depends on how you are looking at it is very important.

• so did Cam go on Hot97 today and go at him or what?

• While you Internet denizens might have had that "Jay-Z stole shit from this track" mp3 for months, the general public (who decide who wins the battle in the form of sales) has not heard it and for all they know, Jay-Z came up with all his lines. Cam is doing this to actually make something out of this that the general public will care about which depends on how you are looking at it is very important.

If that's the strategy, then Cam should probably get reconnected to the streets
    b/w
    Show me a general public that cares about the originality of its rap artists and I'll show you Puffy's entire discography (and bank account)

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    fianly an appropriate pelace to post my Cam'Ron pop-art!

I like Cam's rap style a lot, it's a damn site more original than any of Jay's flows... That being said this track is pretty weak. I think O-Dub is right though, it's bait. Cam's holding back for a full on assault after Jay strikes back. Even if Jay doesn't Cam can still put a harder diss track out there...And seriously if ya'll don't like the Purple Haze reocrd you don't like rap music!

• damn, you got that on your wall? that's a trip

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    bait is "ask nas he don't want it with hov." bait is not an 7+ minute diss track. this is guns blazing cam, it's all downhill from here.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    damn, you got that on your wall? that's a trip
    thats right

Jay should just play the horse and carriage song, and ta-da! Jay wins.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

touche!

• Jay should just play the horse and carriage song, and ta-da! Jay wins.

this was just that crap single, right? I mean Jay didn't actually make a whole album with these jokers did he?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

this was just that crap single, right? I mean Jay didn't actually make a whole album with these jokers did he?
    and appeared at multiple venues to promote this abomination. just shows how big jay-z is. didn't luda try the same bullschitt with another crappy band after the fact?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• 1. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You2. Big Pimpin'/Papercut3. Jigga What/Faint4. Numb/Encore5. Izzo/In The End6. Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer

What started off as an exercise at "mashing" a Linkin Park track with a Jay-Z track turned into a fantastic pickup game between two artists at the top of their worlds.

• Who is Cam'ron?

Exactly

• What started off as an exercise at "mashing" a Linkin Park track with a Jay-Z track turned into a fantastic pickup game between two artists at the top of their terds[/b] .