The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Risingson said:
    sad to hear Don Meredith passed away Sunday....

RIP

"Turn out the lights, the party's over"

• McDaniels done in Denver

Strange considering Pat Bowlen said only last week he would be there in 2011, then he said they'd evaluate him over the last 5 games of the season. I guess 1 of those 5 was enough. McD has been fucked in Denver since day one really, what with the whole Cutler saga. I thought his biggest mistake was getting rid of Mike Nolan last off season....

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

you're so getting fired

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:

you're so getting fired

Seriously... This guy made Lane Kiffin look like Lombardi. He single-handily destroyed a franchise by chasing away players like Cutler, Marshall, Peyton Hillis, etc. Not to mention one of the most bone head #1 picks of the century... Tim Tebow.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Tebow sells merch and brings people in to watch. As to his playing ability in the NFL, tbd.

• Options
    Hey, can someone call the Jets and ask them when their team will be showing up for tonight's game? They're 2 and 1/2 hours late and while I'm enjoying watching the Pats scrimmage with those kids from Hofstra I was really looking forward to seeing an NFL game tonight.

Thanks!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I hope HorseLeech watched tonight's game at that Woods Hole tavern :beerbang:

tell me teams want to come to Foxborough in the playoffs. yeah they do.

• SoulOnIce said:
    I hope HorseLeech watched tonight's game at that Woods Hole tavern :beerbang:

tell me teams want to come to Foxborough in the playoffs. yeah they do.

Actually i could have watched it at the local dive bar, as Mike Devito is from Wellfleet.

It would have sucked, though, seeing as the Jets got completely embarrassed.

I thought this game could have gone either way, but not this way.

edpowers said:

NE > NYJ - monday night game is usually a blowout.....i expect the same here

damn, good call!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    edpowers said:

NE > NYJ - monday night game is usually a blowout.....i expect the same here

damn, good call!

lol !

• Going for it on 4th and inches in the fourth quarter when you're up by 35 is a total dick move. Now before you Pats fans get on my case, know I'm not complaining, I don't really care. But I know a dick move when I see one, and Brady and Bellicheat are total dicks.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Brady and Bellicheat are total dicks.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Going for it on 4th and inches in the fourth quarter when you're up by 35 is a total dick move. Now before you Pats fans get on my case, know I'm not complaining, I don't really care. But I know a dick move when I see one, and Brady and Bellicheat are total dicks.

YO DAWG WHERE WAS MY CONGRATULATORY TEXT?

Sadly, Keller did not pick up the requisite 8 points for me to remain #1 in Soulstrut fantasy. I will have to sooth my distress with the cold comfort of a 45-3 division-snatching victory for my boys.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^

#1 in Soulstrut fantasy.

yeah, that just happened.

Garcia_Vega said:
    Now before you Pats fans get on my case, know I'm not complaining, I don't really care. But I'm going to cry like a little girl anyway

• SoulOnIce said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Now before you Pats fans get on my case, know I'm not complaining, I don't really care. But I'm going to cry like a little girl anyway

Lolz, I knew that was coming!

Cooper your text must have gotten lost with the one you sent me on Sunday!

• Week 13 Results:

Best in Show: Harvey and Cooper take top honors calling 13 out of 16 right

Purebred: Raj calling 12 out of 16

Shelter Rescue: Phill, Bob, and myself called 11 out of 16

Mangy Mutt: Ed Powers calling 10 out of 16

Thanks again for playing, get your Week 14 picks in before game time.

Edit: I had fucked it all up

• PFT is quoting Belichick as saying, "I don't give a fuck what the score is, we're playing 60 minutes." And, I have ZERO problem with that attitude.

I think he truly adopted that attitude after the '06 AFC Championship game, when they blew the 21-3 lead over the Colts. From that moment forward- and this was clearly the case in '07- his attitude every game was: My team is coming to play 60 minutes of football. If your team isn't, that is not me and my team's problem.

And, I think a lot of that has to do with conditioning the team and the players to never quit, never let up, and play until the final gun. This man was on the LOSING end of the two most ignominious losses of the last decade- that '06 game and SB 42- and I have no issue with the fact that they were going for it and playing hard to the end last night.

b-b-b-but what about the Jets' f-f-f-feelings??

• This isn't really about feelings as much as it is about being a dick. The Jets had been humiliated enough, at that point going for it was like laughing at a fat girl. That said, I respect Belicheat, he out-coached the entire Jets staff single handedly. The way he has been changing the Pats' game plan week after week is very impressive.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Garcia_Vega said:
    This isn't really about feelings as much as it is about being a dick. The Jets had been humiliated enough, at that point going for it was like laughing at a fat girl. That said, I respect Belicheat, he out-coached the entire Jets staff single handedly. The way he has been changing the Pats' game plan week after week is very impressive.

I honestly think the team he's most trying to send a message to is his own- with no regard whatsover for how he is perceived, and the Jets hurt feelings just being so much pleasant collateral damage. I think he's just trying to mentally condition his team to worry about themselves, their game, and their clock- and nothing else. Let me worry about the media, the other coach, the running it up talk. When you are on that field, the only thing you worry about is playing football until the clock reads ZERO.

• Options
    gareth said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    This isn't really about feelings as much as it is about being a dick. The Jets had been humiliated enough, at that point going for it was like laughing at a fat girl. That said, I respect Belicheat, he out-coached the entire Jets staff single handedly. The way he has been changing the Pats' game plan week after week is very impressive.

I honestly think the team he's most trying to send a message to is his own- with no regard whatsover for how he is perceived, and the Jets hurt feelings just being so much pleasant collateral damage. I think he's just trying to mentally condition his team to worry about themselves, their game, and their clock- and nothing else. Let me worry about the media, the other coach, the running it up talk. When you are on that field, the only thing you worry about is playing football until the clock reads ZERO.

And let's face it, Rex Ryan said he was coming to town to kick Belichick's ass. Bill merely wanted to give the guy a lesson in how to actually do that. It was an act of human kindness.

There was also 10:50 left in the game. What, were the Patriots supposed to do a Jets imitation and just lay down for 11 minutes?

• Options
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Week 13 Results:

Best in Show: Harvey and Cooper take top honors calling 13 out of 16 right

Purebred: Raj and myself called 11 out of 16

Shelter Rescue: Phill and Bob calling 10 out of 16

Mangy Mutt: Ed Powers calling 9 out of 16

Thanks again for playing, get your Week 14 picks in before game time.

Unless I'm missing something, I was 11-5.

• BobDesperado said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Eagles > Texans. Though there is a hint of an upset chance with Samuel and McCoy hurting. Who trusts Kubiak? WIN

Rest to follow later.

Here are the rest. This is mostly a shitty week with 3, maybe 4 promising games.

Dolphins > Browns. The Delhomme Farewell Tour continues. LOSS
    Packers > 49ers. And this isn't even the worst of the week. WIN
    Chiefs > Broncos. Matt Cassel shows his old coach a few things.WIN
    Bills > Vikings. LOSS
    Bears > Lions. But spare me the "Jay Cutler has matured" shit. He's still a punk. WIN
    Jags > Titans. WIN
    Giants > Racialslurs. WIN
    Saints > Bengals. This is the worst of the week. WIN
    Chargers > Raiders. The Pats have the Raider 1st round pick this year. Thanks, Al! LOSS
    Bucs > Falcons. Mild upset but the Bucs need it more.LOSS
    Seahawks > Panthers. Pats have the Panthers 2nd round pick this year. Should be #33. WIN
    Rams > Cards. Sam Bradford the runaway Offensive ROY. Cards a repulsive mess. WIN
    Colts > Cowboys. Tempted to pick the Cowboys but Barber is out and I can't see Kitna keeping his pace up. LOSS
    Steelers > Ravens. Just a feeling that Rapistberger is due for a big game. And I'm tired of the Ravens whining. WIN
    Pats > Jets. Record or near-record MNF ratings for this one. Jets won't be able to run much, and I don't think Sanchez can play a mistake free game here. Meanwhile Brady has been playing at a ridiculously high level and the Leonhard loss should hurt an already-overrated Jets D.WIN

10 out of 16 you're right 11 out of 16

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Steelers beat the Ravens, homie.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:

Steelers > Ravens. Just a feeling that Rapistberger is due for a big game. And I'm tired of the Ravens whining. LOSS

• BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

And let's face it, Rex Ryan said he was coming to town to kick Belichick's ass. Bill merely wanted to give the guy a lesson in how to actually do that. It was an act of human kindness.

There was also 10:50 left in the game. What, were the Patriots supposed to do a Jets imitation and just lay down for 11 minutes?

You kick the field goal, and go up by 38 points. The way they were playing you think the Jets could've scored 5 touchdowns and a field goal in 10:50? It was a dick move and pure Belichik, he's an asshole, no big deal, own it, embrace it like Kanye, let's have a toast for the douchebags.

• RAJ said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

Steelers > Ravens. Just a feeling that Rapistberger is due for a big game. And I'm tired of the Ravens whining. LOSS

Oh shit, haha, apologies Bob, you are 11-5

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

You kick the field goal, and go up by 38 points. The way they were playing you think the Jets could've scored 5 touchdowns and a field goal in 10:50? It was a dick move and pure Belichik, he's an asshole, no big deal, own it, embrace it like Kanye, let's have a toast for the douchebags.

It's football dude. Not cricket. Mercy is for the weak.