TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am stunned and in dissarray, my world is upside down!

i've always hated JT Da Skippa Figga..always loved ramires
    i loathed the 50 million dollar turd
    wowza! :woah:

at least i can cheer on in the CL final
    however with guardiola still not officially signed on... i don't know what ti make of things...
    i am lost..hold me!

• gary neville ftw...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well that turned out to be slightly more entertaining than I thought it was going to be. To be fair I don't think I was alone in expecting Barca to be a bit less wasteful in front of goal.

Pretty much everything worked out for maximum enjoyment for me:

Barca were knocked out despite once again having the one man advantage
    Messi was exposed as a choker
    Terry was shamed on the football pitch
    There is no chance of me having to watch Terry lift the CL Trophy

Also, SMH at Cesc claiming that they deserved to go through. If you can't make the most of a two goal lead against ten men for 45 minutes at home you deserve bugger all.

Anyway, believe I have been to the Rack & Tenter before and it was an acceptable venue so please give a patronising and fatherly shoulder pump to whoever suggested it. The PL should be settled by then and with both CL and Henry gone I suspect football will not be discussed much.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Nemesis: In Greek mythology, Nemesis (Greek, ??????????????), also called Rhamnousia/Rhamnusia ("the goddess of Rhamnous") at her sanctuary at Rhamnous, north of Marathon, was the spirit of divine retribution against those who succumb to hubris (arrogance before the gods).

...........................................................................................................................................................

What a game. Have to say that by the time Torres scored, I was cheering like a Headhunter. Pub went mental. The final can't live up to last night's match. Drogba was again immense, summed up perfectly when playing as a makeshift RB he tackled Iniesta, took on about three Barca players and launched a speculative shot from the halfway line that might've, on another day, really troubled the keeper. When he was subbed for Torres me and my friends were questioning the sense of that, but my god did it work out well at the end.

Missed penalty - hahahahahaaaaa.
    Goal ruled out for offside had the handful of Barca fans in the pub all excited, only to be silenced with a long loud "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!".
    The ice-cool chip from Ramirez. Goal of the game.

John Terry doing even more to rule himself out of England contention. I hope the FA were watching.

Come on Bayern!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Yes, has worked out great as I was conflicted - wanting an English club going through, when the price could ultimately be JT getting some shine. :shudder:

The prick.

Barca can't feel bad, fact is they just did not finish. City been guilty of this and lost games despite having all the play. Chelsea did us a favour, brought down the market value of Barca "Untouchables" for us in the Summer (partial LOL).

Well done 'Ski.

Duderonomy said:

Come on Bayern!

Surely no. Putting to the side my personal loathing of the team and the internal conflict it would create in a Chelsea/Bayern final, the idea of the Special One coming up against his special boys and the predictably entertaining build up press conferences is too mouthwatering to resist.

Having said that, I can see Bayern going through tonight with their run down the wing, check that there's no chance of throwing themselves to the floor through innocuous challenges, pass to George McFly approach.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Perfect storm scenario has Bayern getting beaten on their home turf in the final by a Lampard goal that clearly doesn't cross the line, with many tv shots of JT sporting that hangdog look only he can do, and honorary Chinaman Di Matteo punching Roman on the hooter because he found out at halftime that Guardiola has accepted the Chelski job.
    Then Lampard hugging that utter hatchet Bleakley at the final whistle only to find Elen Rives bearing down on her with a machete, having been invited along by Jamie Redknapp (playing away from the personality free zone known as Louise Redknapp).
    And then Blues fans and the Munchen-ultras have a mass tear-up that lays waste to the city and results in the permanent ban from European competition of any team with anyone I don't like in it.

Ok, it's a long shot for sure.

skel said:
    Perfect storm scenario has Bayern getting beaten on their home turf in the final by a Lampard goal that clearly doesn't cross the line, with many tv shots of JT sporting that hangdog look only he can do, and honorary Chinaman Di Matteo punching Roman on the hooter because he found out at halftime that Guardiola has accepted the Chelski job.
    Then Lampard hugging that utter hatchet Bleakley at the final whistle only to find Elen Rives bearing down on her with a machete, having been invited along by Jamie Redknapp (playing away from the personality free zone known as Louise Redknapp).
    And then Blues fans and the Munchen-ultras have a mass tear-up that lays waste to the city and results in the permanent ban from European competition of any team with anyone I don't like in it.

Ok, it's a long shot for sure.

I would have taken that bet, but Rives has moved on and I would suspect, couldn't give a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut. I'd do her over Bleakers, FWIW. I believe most would.

Googling Rives reveals her moaning at financial hardship ("I have to do lingerie modelling just to survive, dahlinks") yet living in a 3mil drum.
    And also having some me-time with tjhe one Peter Andre.
    Or denying it, your choice.
    I wouldn't do her or Teh Bleak.
    I'd do Frank just to say I'd done it. You've only got one life etc etc.

skel said:

FFS! You've just made me religious.

skel said:

At the very least I think Fwank would treat you to a nice meal at a top restaurant, maybe take you to an exclusive club afterwards, and hang around to say goodbye the morning after in an attempt at reducing the cheap and empty feelings gnawing at your heart.

Those signed Chelsea shirts don't appear from thin air, dudes

Who knows how to do a cc pm?
    I wanted to reach out to the britmeet massive and persist my mobile number across the whole piece.

But it won't let me.

::wmic::

Don't think I've ever had any issues with it when I spam my mobile number to randomly selected groups of Strutters in the hope that someone will reach out and touch somebody. Could be that your mailbox is full or one of the names is no longer recognised? What message are you getting?

skel said:
    Those signed Chelsea shirts don't appear from thin air, dudes

Who knows how to do a cc pm?
    I wanted to reach out to the britmeet massive and persist my mobile number across the whole piece.

But it won't let me.

::wmic::

I hear your number is writ large in the traps in the Stamford Bridge bogs. In Fwank's handwriting.

It's only g h e y if you push back-R

Just put the names in brackets like that with commas?

< >, < >, < >,

Thanks Duder, I will federate the data....tomorrow

Btw
    Sheep: August, it's on.

Was thinking a bit around the sheep monicker.
    Dudes name is Bevan.
    Sounds close to 'bovine' , meaning 'cow'

But sheep is 'ovine', not so close to Bevan.
    So now I think dj sheep should become dj cow, and I vote that L*o be the one to break the news to him in August.

I'll ensure that an ambulance is on hand to ferry the injured.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

^Haha!^

I think I have finally sobered up. Only took 3 coffees, pie & mash* for lunch, and a Fererro Roche w/ tea.

Anybody got a Pieminister in their town? Matador seemed appropriate today, but I also like the Heidi Pie and the Thai Chook Pie.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Anybody got a Pieminister in their town?
    They started out down the road from where I used to live in Bristol. Don't think they have too many other actual restaurants, Oxford, London and one other maybe. Although they sell to a fair few pubs. Sunday pieminister pie and mash at one of our locals used to be a bit of religion. Glad to see them doing so well. You can even buy their pies from the supermarket these days.

Okem said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Anybody got a Pieminister in their town?
    They started out down the road from where I used to live in Bristol. Don't think they have too many other actual restaurants, Oxford, London and one other maybe. Although they sell to a fair few pubs. Sunday pieminister pie and mash at one of our locals used to be a bit of religion. Glad to see them doing so well. You can even buy their pies from the supermarket these days.

It's always busy (well, 9 months of the year that it's cold & wet). The Oxford one seems to be staffed entirely by Polish girls with not much English, so that info clears up who & where these pastry parcels of heavenly nourishment come from.

In honour of Neville's goalgasm: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/25/gary-neville-over-excitable-commentaries

Some of them are great.

skel said:
    Btw
    Sheep: August, it's on.

Was thinking a bit around the sheep monicker.
    Dudes name is Bevan.
    Sounds close to 'bovine' , meaning 'cow'

But sheep is 'ovine', not so close to Bevan.
    So now I think dj sheep should become dj cow, and I vote that L*o be the one to break the news to him in August.

I'll ensure that an ambulance is on hand to ferry the injured.

I was thinking DJ Beef might be more appropriate ;-)

YES

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    He called me "DJ Fuckstick" when I made a comment about his name once...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

"Biscuits"

Lollers. I quite like it.

The penalties are just about to happen. Real to lose methinks.

Phil Mitchell polka is a rather pleasant way to start the day at work. Makes a nice change from a riddim/dubstep remix as well.

Bit gutted that Bayern got through last night though guess they deserved it on balance of play. Pain was slightly offset by having a quickly wager round the pub on who would miss penalties. Using the ancient laws of football I rightly predicted Ronaldo and Kaka which brought me a tidy sum. Pain was then increased again when I thought it a good idea to spend a large chunk of these winnings on shots at the bar,

PCMR - if I could be bothered to search this thread would I be able to find a quote from you predicting a classico Champions League final?

First half of that match was good, but the energy levels fell off in the second. What were Real thinking? Nobody beats dem Germans at penalties.

Shears said:
    He called me "DJ Fuckstick" when I made a comment about his name once...

It does have a certain ring to it...

Cough. What's this?

Dj Fuckstick is rad. Very kala-esque.

That new tombstone avatar is a great touch from sheep.

Jose did some great posturing last night. The solo touchline crouch whilst his staff did the arm linking thing...genius imagery, par excellente grandstanding, a supreme display of understanding how to portray your status and emotions to millions whilst being silent, poker faced and motionless.
    Dude is a god at that stuff.
    And Ronnie confirmed his tendency to choke when it really comes to the crunch moment.