TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• He is currently looking into Zoltan Gera's family tree..

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    I like MON for the job but it'll never happen. Dude has got a real curmudgeon streak in him which I suspect he learned under Brian Clough at Forest, and I don't believe he'd take shit. Which will rule him out. It seems like the England job has been a poisoned chalice since we won the cup in '66. I remember in the 70s my dad banging on about Revie and Saunders being clueless - and here we are again.

Don't speak of all the foreigners we have now ruining the game, etc. I don't recall us winning jack before the Sky money came. Mick Mills, Butch Wilkins, Keegan... :facepalms: I also don't believe Spain have world-beaters in every position. We just need someone with common sense and no time for the FA to go back to basics. We have got a handful of players who can get the job done. Cnuts to a man, natch, but it's an omlette/eggs scenario.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I wonder if the FA did this just to piss off the 10 or so journalist who think that they run the game by proxy. I hope they send 'Arry a letter apologizing for messing him about.

I don't think it'll make any real difference who we have in charge of the national team until there's sea changes at the FA and in British football in general. Look at what the Germans have done since performing so badly on the international stage. They kicked out the old guard, made sweeping changes from the youth level up and, surprise surprise, a decade later they're talking having a golden generation of highly skilled homegrown players. Whilst we have Stewart Pearce.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Okem said:
    Whilst we have Stewart Pearce.

Yeah, but passion.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Come on Newcastle!

Would you love it?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Meh. Didn't watch the entire game but from what I saw it wasn't anything to be a proud Utd supporter for. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Kompany hadn't scored right before half time but on the other hand at least the nerves that then set in meant Utd were allowed to breathe a little more and pretend that they were in the game.

No complaints here really, Citeh were the better team and Utd once again lacked that something special to damage a team. On a more neutral tip, something rather pleasing that in a team comprised of stupidly expensive players, the man whose absence was felt the hardest and who is now leading them home only cost about 6 million.

I think Un*ted had the right tactics, which was to play for a draw, but last night's back 4 selection fell just short of the task. I still think they are the stronger team thanks to their unparalleled belief and ability to bounce back in Fergie time.

City still have to take max points remember... and City never make anything easy for themselves.

Berbatov. What the deal? The Red Dzeko?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The match was a bit of a stalemate. Possession stats may have read 50-50, but in reality the ball was in no-man's-land for a good 60% of the time as both sides fought a scrappy battle to launch quick counter-attacks. City had a breif period of sustained possession in UTD's half, but there wasn't much football on display really, and every time the camera cut to a shot of Maradona in the stands I kept waiting to see a piece of skill on the pitch that he'd have supplied.
    City looked comfortable enough though. UTD fans should be worried at how little they troubled Hart.

Best part of the game was at halftime when the camera cut to the Sky pundits and Gary Neville looked like he was sucking a lemon.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Gonna have to cry off the drinks tomorrow lads. Currently on my deathbed, alternating between sweating like a nonce and shivering like nobodies business.

I seriously reckon the Chelsea - Barca match was the cause, as I was a broken but happy man after it.

Never fear though I have my supplies of Lucozade, giant buttons and Spartacus on Blu Ray so all will be well soon. I'll definately be up for the next one.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    ::weak sauce::

So let's have a round up, who's down, who's out for tomorrow

I'm emphatically DOWN

Maybe shears will turn up in lieu of Rich
    Boy Chizzle make that train, Cannon Street FTW
    Moke to take the private jet from his Duchy.
    Neil in town?

Sorry to hear you can't make it Rich. Make sure to wrap a hot towel round your head and eat some soup.

I'm currently running a temperature that would kill a lesser man but looking forward to spreading my lurgy with strutters tomorrow evening. Just got to try and not think about the 10 hour company away day the next morning.....

Babylon, you in?

Nick?

Nick.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

I don't know why dudes are so difficult to pin down.
    Shyness? Timidity? Druncle Internet grooming fears?
    None of these methinks. Just can't be arsed probably.
    Which is fair enough.

Fake.

Greggs, FFS.

skel said:
    Babylon, you in?

Nick?

Nick.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

I don't know why dudes are so difficult to pin down.
    Shyness? Timidity? Druncle Internet grooming fears?
    None of these methinks. Just can't be arsed probably.
    Which is fair enough.

Fear of Krays/urban predation/Unable to get taxi sarf of the rivvah/barred/13-y.o. keyboard warriors too young to gain egress into actual drinking establishment (even with dyed bumfluff).

I work in W1 when I'm not dying so I am down pretty much whenever.

I've just spent 2 minutes trying to work out why my fridge door won't shut, and still barely managed to shut it, so I am in no fit state to do much, than moan feel sorry for myself and curse EA for getting my hopes up about Euro 12 being a cheap'ish download rather than full price and then they don't go and licence half the teams. fuck sake. Fergal O'Sharkey, Shaved Gibbon related.

I work in W1 when I'm not dying so I am down pretty much whenever.

I've just spent 2 minutes trying to work out why my fridge door won't shut, and still barely managed to shut it, so I am in no fit state to do much, than moan feel sorry for myself and curse EA for getting my hopes up about Euro 12 being a cheap'ish download rather than full price and then they don't go and licence half the teams. fuck sake. Fergal O'Sharkey, Shaved Gibbon related.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I STIWL BEWEEEVE

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/apr/30/alan-partridge-movie?newsfeed=true

Alan Partridge: yay or nay?

I'm a fan of his shows, but I suspect it's the Ianucci writing that I like.

Okem said:
    I STIWL BEWEEEVE

Ha ha exactly - the Greggs part was the best bit of the entire call to me. Dithering over which majestic pasty Keane was munching on was a touch of genius.

Unsure about Partridge film and afraid it would end up falling foul of the traditional curse of British sitcom to feature film production where all carefully developed character nuances and subtlety is replaced with slapstick and a fish out of water plot (On The Buses excepted of course).

• I'm in....

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/apr/30/alan-partridge-movie?newsfeed=true

Alan Partridge: yay or nay?

I'm a fan of his shows, but I suspect it's the Ianucci writing that I like.

I'm expecting just a feature length episode of Alan. Hope I'm right.

DuttyBabylon said:
    I'm in....

Good man Dutty.

Any news on anyone else? I'm assuming Nick is delaying confirmation to minimise the expectant crowds?

I was going to bring a copy of Sun Goddess along for Skel to sign.

I bought it on mp3, I want it digitally signed. "Sir Nicolas Chudley-Warmer"

Dutty will be delayed, maybe to the point of not arriving.

At this rate we'll be down to the same three geezers talking bollocks again.

Open doors, people. Join in. Participate!

If Dutty isn't coming I'm not bringing my skateboard.

Neil_SomeTing?