TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• I don't see it. Why the hell would he go work for impatient owners like City's or Rom???

He is Barca through and through.
    Whoever takes over from him(my money's on Bielsa) is on a hiding to nothing.
    They will want Pep back. He's brought nothing but success and they'll want their boy back.
    If he loves the club like I think he does then it'll Barca or nothing at all. Looks like he doesn't want a Ferguson-like
    reign so he may never come back.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i had a feeling this would happen...
    hopefully it's just a ''break'' but i doubt it
    LEGACY

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Why not Arsenal in 2013? Wenger upstairs. Dennis as coach. It would be the sexiest managerial line up ever.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    djwaxon said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    Re: Cream Regime, have discovered a route that allows me to leave desk and arrive at this place within 15 mins (when the mud allows)...

Which hall's this Jim?

Newstead Abbey, dude.[/quote

Cheers mate i'll have to check it out next time the weather's not gash

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Hostage situation on the Tottenham Court Road?

badder_than_evil said:

Whoever takes over from him

Tito Vilanov, Pep's assistant apparently.

Historically, how often do assistants prosper?
    In English terms, it doesn't seem to work so well. I'm thinking McClaren from Sven (or even moving over to Boro after working with Ferg). Pearce from Sven at City? Or did Pearce come in on the back of his own rep?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Paisley, Fagan FTW

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Pearce did OK, it was the bottling lazy f*cks like Stevie Ireland and dem that let the side down.

MacLaren did well at Boro, Houghton did well at Newcastle

djwaxon said:

McClaren's biggest success was the UEFA cup. It has been reported a number of times that when the sh*t hit the fan, it was senior players like Hasselbank & Southgate who stood up in the dressing room and took charge of how the team was going to play. Going on England's performances under Schteve, I find this story very believable.
    Maybe Viduka, Hasselbanker or Southgate had been pulling the strings the whole time.
    But then Southgate after McClaren didn't really do that well either.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Barca. They're still the best side out there, but they need some fine-tuning. Particularly in defence.
    And what's Pep going to do?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Does Mourinho count? Bobby's translator to coach to Manager?

Carlos Queiroz has had his ups and downs but then he was kind of a manager before he joined Utd anyway.

• i'm predicting 2 -1 united win today.

peace, stein. . .

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    badder_than_evil said:

Whoever takes over from him

Tito Vilanov, Pep's assistant apparently.

Historically, how often do assistants prosper?
    In English terms, it doesn't seem to work so well. I'm thinking McClaren from Sven (or even moving over to Boro after working with Ferg). Pearce from Sven at City? Or did Pearce come in on the back of his own rep?

i think this is a very different situation. Tito was educated as a player and as a coach at La Masia. he's been working very closely with Pep since he took over Bar??a B nearly five years ago. he knows the players, the style, the philosophy of the club, etc. apparently, some of the most adventurous ideas (2 / 3 defense, 7 midfielders against santos, etc) where Tito's idea. him taking over is the best for the team, and managing Pep leaving.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN said:
    i'm predicting 2 -1 united win today.

peace, stein. . .

1-0 City on a Tevez penno.

Un*ted to play it like the recent Chelsea/Barca siege and defend like cray.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

And what's Pep going to do?

Go head to head with Woy for the England job?

Hodgson.

What is the point?

::walkawayson::

Perhaps a sacrificial lamb that gets Euros out of the way, and gives time for swarthy euromang to see out dey MediLatin contracts?

Harry's day is going methinks. Shame, I would have liked to see what a pragmatic motivator with some tactical nous (no Keegan) could do rather than another bland 'coach' type.

Woy will probably get to the euro final now.

I don't know, I'm actually OK with Woy taking charge. At least he has international experience and a history of managing major name teams, not always successfully but it's still a start.

As much as I like Arry, his appointment would seem to fall into a similar trap as Mcclaren, a manager with no international experience who has had a good season with a reasonably big club team.

The main question will be if Woy can actually implement the kind of managerial control over the team he failed miserably with at Anfield.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Junior said:
    I don't know, I'm actually OK with Woy taking charge. At least he has international experience and a history of managing major name teams, not always successfully but it's still a start.

As much as I like Arry, his appointment would seem to fall into a similar trap as Mcclaren, a manager with no international experience who has had a good season with a reasonably big club team.

The main question will be if Woy can actually implement the kind of managerial control over the team he failed miserably with at Anfield.

The BBC Breakfast story on Hodgson was (unintentionally) funny this morning. The lass who does the sport round-up now that Chris Hollins has gone was speaking to the MEN's chief sports writer, ostensibly about the Manchester derby, but of course she had to talk about Hodgson as well. She asked this guy if she thought it was going to be tough for him, being that he wasn't "the fans choice". He expressed complete bewilderment at the appointment, because it was so obvious that "everyone" wanted Redknapp, and Hodgson was always going to be perceived as a second choice. Then you had a quote from Lawrenson casting doubt on the FA's statement that Hodgson was the only candidate they'd spoken to, saying something to the effect that 'Arry just musn't have fancied it, because it was unthinkable that someone from the FA hadn't at some point spoken to him about the job. It was fucking hilarious. I thought, Hodgson hasn't even got the job yet and the media are already turning on him. As for all this guff about 'Arry being "the fans choice"...well, substitute "fan" for "media', and you're getting a more accurate picture.

Personally, I'm quite looking forward to the deafening silence from all his LFC-bashing cheerleaders in the press when he fails abjectly, as he is certain to do (and as would pretty much anyone else, in fairness), not to mention the sound of all those people baying for his blood after his first bad result, when just a year or so earlier they'd have been the ones talking about what a gentleman he was and how disgracefully he'd been treated by all those delusional Kopites. Et-fucking-cee.

Yeah it's never a good sign when the media have turned on you before you even start. I'd imagine that the Sun is already searching through it's picture database for the most appropriate vegetable to attach Woy's face to. I do still think he was shat on by Liverpool but my main fear is that he has never proven himself at a big club.

While it would have been interesting to see how Arry's man management style worked in an international environment it'll be a bonus that we haven't spent millions buying a manager out of their club contract. Best to save that for paying them off from the England job a year later.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Roy is a far better choice than that grade A cunt Arry Redknapp. We narrowly avoided some of the most painful team selections since Graham Taylor.

What a dysfunctional organisation the FA must be, what an immense void of common sense and basic understanding of human nature must exist there, what a paucity of imagination resides in that hierarchy, how utterly disconnected they are with reality.

These are people who think Pearce is a viable choice for anything, that Southgate is really going to school EPL management on any facet of the game whatsoever, that a failed manager of Switzerland who couldn't control a handful of characters in the Liverpool dressing room nor face down a gaggle of bitter pundits has a prayer of success at anything he touches....

Need to get all pcmr up in that Euro bith and find a few alternative teams to follow.

Poland because success might make the hatchet-faced miseries in Pret crack a smile.
    Germany because my support for them will automatically confer abject failure.
    France because there's a first time for everything.
    The Republic so Paul's happy.

magpaul said:
    Roy is a far better choice than that grade A cunt Arry Redknapp. We narrowly avoided some of the most painful team selections since Graham Taylor.

Thats utter bollocks, Paul.

::evil smiley::

Every choice bar an established manager looks like short-termism. On current form, Roberto Martinez should've been approached (aside from results, he's a likeable guy - very nice of Wigan to do Arsenal a favour this weekend). EDIT: or Roberto Di Matteo.

There just aren't any decent Engurrrlish managers about. Would've like MON just to annoy Doc.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    As much as the Sun et al have campaigned for Arry, I have been brainwashed by the legion of pseudo pundits on twitter who hate his guts.

Also, does Sunderland's scaling of the league table whilst Villa slide towards inevitable relegation VINDICATE MON?

Traditionally I always liked to give the Dutch my support at major tournaments as usually they truly excel at the craft of qualifying well, building national expectations to fever pitch, and then failing miserably at the crucial moment. Sadly they ruined this by doing far better than expected or warranted at the last world cup.

magpaul said:

Also, does Sunderland's scaling of the league tale whilst Villa slide towards inevitable relegation VINDICATE MON?

McLeish is surely a Birmingham double-agent. I'm still of the opinion that MON hasn't ever done much wrong, and walked out of Villa with his reputation intact. The Villa fans I know would love him back.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    In some respects Hodgson is the better choice. He has some international experience for a start, something no previous England manager has ever had, irrespective of his nationality. But I'm inclined to agree with Junior here, in that the FA's main motivation for selecting Hodgson would appear to be a simple matter of economics, and that bringing in any of the brighter, more appealing candidates out there would have involved the kind of eye-watering contract buyout they're unwilling to wear.

I'd have no serious objection to Martin O'Neill managing England, Duder. It'd certainly mean there'd be less likelihood of him getting the gig at LFC, and that's really all I'm concerned about. Ridiculous as it may seem to even contemplate such a move, I would hope that FSG have at least put out some tentative feelers in the direction of Catalonia, in the hope that there may be the odd person kicking his heels in that region who may have the stomach for a real challenge next season, because that's the only managerial appointment that's going to spark my interest this summer. As I may have mentioned previously, I haven't seen England so much as kick a ball since they were eliminated from the last World Cup. They're a complete waste of fucking time as far as I'm concerned, and I couldn't care less how they do in the Euros. The hoo-hah over Hodgson's appointment is by far the most interesting England-related story there's been since England's Brave John JT Terry's last public display of sky-scraping cuntitude.

I'm not mad at Woy as the manager, is it long term or just for teh Euros?

I feel bad for Arry and Spurs though, although the media and the players are as much to blame as the FA (if not more) for 'Arry fever and the subsequent Spurs boat rocking

• The difference with Woy is that the press won't build him up to knock him down. They will be after him right away.

He will only ever be ok in a small pond. I think the wheels were falling off at WBA too..
    Terrible appointment. He'll have a ready-made excuse being given 5 weeks to prep for Euro 2012. How the fuck is he going to pick his squad??