TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Toffees keeping the league interesting! Didn't see the game, but sounds like a cracker. Tevez to score the winner next Monday?

waximilien said:
    damn - I've not been a regular on here for a while but last time football was definitely "soccer"

progress

Wasn't Beckham supposed to convert N.Americans?
    (probably had as much chance as ^Doc Brown^ at giving UK rap a good name though)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hell of a game - would have been one of the most enjoyable I'd watched all season if Howard hadn't tipped away that final chance in the last minutes. Pretty predictable that all the plaudits heaped on the shoulders of Evans in the last week would see him have his worst game in a long time - did underline how badly we still need Vidic to solidify the back four.

Duderonomy said:
    Tevez to score the winner next Monday?

Yeah a distinct possibility considering how pumped he gets every time he plays us.

Swings and roundabouts this season in full effect.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Yeh spot on. Fergie is usually excellent on the man management side of things but picked the wrong time to laud Evans.

skel said:
    DuttyBabylon said:
    pending confirmation of an evening pass.... meeting some blokes off the internet is a tough sell

Paging Junior (grooming-R)

LOL, I'd forgotten I'd mentioned that, really was not in the best state of mind that evening so apologies for the torrent of mindfarts.

If it makes you feel any better Dutty, I kept it as a secret for about a week after the initial meet up. I was just staying after work for drinks with some "friends". It all came flooding out next time I got drunk though which made the whole thing seem far more suspect than the pleasant evening deserved.

• yeh ok, count me in....

I'll wear a brown mac....

Junior said:

If it makes you feel any better Dutty, I kept it as a secret for about a week after the initial meet up. I was just staying after work for drinks with some "friends". It all came flooding out next time I got drunk though which made the whole thing seem far more suspect than the pleasant evening deserved.

Hahah.
    You just have to roll with it.

It's a tough one to explain to other people, and if anyone asks, I think I'll call the meet in May an invitational tequila tasting session.

Has anyone decided on the location yet? Jnr?

Also, I was going to bring chud.

Duderonomy said:

It's a tough one to explain to other people, and if anyone asks, I think I'll call the meet in May an invitational tequila tasting session.

Has anyone decided on the location yet? Jnr?

Also, I was going to bring chud.

Excellent, chud always welcome. I was considering bringing something but I suspect laziness will win out.

Um, haven't really thought of anywhere but it depends what people are looking for really; are we still planning on doing it round Bank? I haven't really gone out drinking round that bit for a couple of years but know there's a disappointing lack of old man pubs in that vicinity and zero with gardens. If worse comes to worst there's a giant wetherspoons........

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Gardens in this weather?
    Bank is well connected for Tubeites and City peds (no peedo) alike. Moorgate has pubs with outdoor too.
    That Weatherspoons is a bit grim iirc.
    At London Bridge there are good bars on the water either side.
    Pick a meeting spot and I'll get the spiky haired grad mob here to advise on best beer practice locally.

Selfish smoking plans exposed :(

Yeah I think the Wetherspoons is oversized and extremely dark so may not be the best bet.

Bank/Moorgate is as good as anywhere for me and think it should suit people coming from different directions as well so think we should stick with it. There's the Bishop Of Norwich and stuff round there isn't there which are all reasonable but be good to get advice from the hip young things.

Chud: among other things, I've got about 4 spare copies of this

Skip to the 7 minute mark for extended mellow break. Lazy country rock jam, after I discovered it I kept stumbling on copies in charity shops for pence. My '98 plans on becoming a master beat-juggler fell by the wayside a long time ago, so need to free up some shelf space. Holler if you/anyone want(s) a copy.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I'll just sample the version I found on Spotify if that's alright L*o. Cheers for the heads up!

magpaul said:
    I'll just sample the version I found on Spotify if that's alright L*o. Cheers for the heads up!

No you may not! :-P (trying to ditch some chud here)
    Yeah, it's quite a nice little break. Let us know of the end result as and when P*ul.

So, anyone got the gut feeling thing going for tonight?

I'm getting strong vibes for a stoic, heroic stonewall Jackson move by Chelsea.
    Could be wrong, but....

Would like it to happen, but Barca always seem to get lots of contentious decisions when they need them. They survived numerous clear penalty appeals against Chelsea, Van Percy was sent off for taking a shot 1 second after the whistle etc., I expect more of the same.

It's a disgrace. A f8cking disgrace.

Have to go the pub to watch it as well... speaking of, I may have rustled up another drinker.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Barca have looked, ordinary is probably a stretch, let's say 'human', of late. Conversely, since John Terry was appointed manager, Chelski have gone from a ragged joke of a team back to (at least at times) their imperious best. And last time they had a proxy manager they went all the way to the final.

I like to think of them like the footballing equivalent of an oldschool borstal. It all runs smoothly when they are controlled by either, a soft Governor who basically acknowledges that the inmates are really in charge, or a spiv type who's as bent as they are.

The Camp Nou pitch is probably about twice the size of Stamford Bridge, so keeping Barca shut out for another 90 mins is going to be a real test for those tired old legs, to say the least.

Duderonomy said:

speaking of, I may have rustled up another drinker.

Dolo?

Logic dictates that for the result I want for tonight (Chelsea going through so they can lose to Real in the final), the match must be almost entirely free of any excitement so a bit torn about it. I definitely think the old legs are going to struggle on the wider pitch and interested if he gives that rosy cheeked scamp Fernando another run out before bring Drogba on to hassle hair metal Puyol in the final stages.

I would be very surprised if Barca miss as many chances again anyway.

• Duderonomy said:
    Van Percy was sent off for taking a shot 1 second after the whistle etc.

This still sets me off on an epic rant every time I think about it. And every time I see a player kick the ball away after the whistle has blown in Europe a little part of me screams, "WHERE THE F*CK IS HIS YELLOW CARD!"

• Oh, and where and when exactly is this drink happening? I'm planning to be in town to see the Arsenal / Norwich match, so I may head down a couple of days early...

neil_something said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Van Percy was sent off for taking a shot 1 second after the whistle etc.

This still sets me off on an epic rant every time I think about it. And every time I see a player kick the ball away after the whistle has blown in Europe a little part of me screams, "WHERE THE F*CK IS HIS YELLOW CARD!"

Yes. Messi did it later on IN THE VERY SAME MATCH. Did he get a yellow? Did he fuck. I was actually standing on a pub table at this point, shouting "CARD HIM, FUCKING CARD HIM YOU CAAAANT!"

(don't let any of that put you off coming along btw - heat of the moment and all that)

Junior said:
    Duderonomy said:

speaking of, I may have rustled up another drinker.

Dolo?

I wish. Not that BennyBoy won't be welcome company should he make it.

Yes Bennyboy would be very welcome indeed.

Neil, would be most excellent if you can make it. Looks like the agreed date is the 2nd May, around Bank/Moorgate. Exact venue to be agreed on once feedback from Skel's survey of the young and happening has been collated. Banglash behaviour optional.

Dolo, if you're out there, the door is always open. As are our hearts.

Banglash behaviour optional..[/fquote]

Get your riot shields ready lads, the one dj sheep has agreed to stop by when next in town

MENTAL

skel said:

Get your riot shields ready lads, the one dj sheep has agreed to stop by when next in town

MENTAL

Noice. Will be good to meet him. Fully expect the truth on Mardi Gras w/out the bells.

Right, for Wednesday next week I am looking at the Rack And Tenter in Moorfields, a square about 100 yards from Moorgate tube, 800 from Bank tube.
    It has outdoors, is suitably oldmanly, has the Cuban Bar next door and a pop-up larger poncey outdoors bar area on the doorstep.
    What say you dudes?
    Meet up at 6 by Moorgate tube, give people 15 to turn up, swap mobiles by pm beforehand and I will offer to collect any strays from the station at any point.

Does it do food?

Yes and //Duder//none of that foreign muck//Duder//

I like foreign muck, I just don't like Chinese! Always feel like I've paid a lot of money for a plate of noodles with a few tablespoons of sauce thrown on top, and then about 20 mins after I've eaten, my stomach realises there wasn't really much protein involved and I'm hungry again. I understand that part of the problem is that Chinese restaurants in England are serving a kind of sh*t budget version of Chinese food. A lot of it's tasty, but if we're going east, I'll stop at Thailand via India, and skip China and head on to Japan.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Very nice of Duder to reach across the PM's and extend the invitation - if the conversation that starts "There's these blokes off the internet, they want to go for a drink..." goes ok, I'll do me best to be along.

Does not having the foggiest about football put me at a disadvantage? it does, dunnit.

If junior and Duder go off into football yawn-talk I'll show you some recent pm activity
    Shhhh

skel said:
    So, anyone got the gut feeling thing going for tonight?

I'm getting strong vibes for a stoic, heroic stonewall Jackson move by Chelsea.
    Could be wrong, but....

VINDICATED

• and with the 'manager' sent off as well.. good viewing