Breaking Bad

Comments

• flatblackplastic said:
    the scene where walt spins the gun 3 times, the first two times it points to him.
    my feeling at first was that he wanted to kill himself.
    the third time it points to some plants, i think this is where walt got his idea about poisoning the kid with the ricin. seeing as ricin is made from castor oil plant.

this is a great theory. walt doesn't even have a regard for his own kids at this point, i can totally see him taking out someone elses.

on the flip side, however, i could see the show bringing walt and jesse back together for the home stretch to the end, so who knows.

the bugged glasses seems a little out there for this show, but the theory fits with what weve been shown thus far.

i predict a gus death.

come on sunday!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    cookbook said:
    walt doesn't even have a regard for his own kids at this point
    where does this come from?

• mattB said:
    cookbook said:
    walt doesn't even have a regard for his own kids at this point
    where does this come from?

gus knows hank is on to him, walt has his kids staying at hanks house. FBI protection or not, they aren't gauranteed as safe there.

walter jr continues to want his dad to acknowledge him, and he continues to ignore him (sans the heart felt scene a few episodes back).

the goodbye to the baby seemed half hearted. the baby is crying the whole time.

when walt leaves the family to "handle things" it really feels hes doing it for himself, not his family.

obviously gus scared walt with the "even your infant child" line, but i don't think walt is acting as he should knowing that.

this is all just how i took those scenes, they could easily be interpreted the other way.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    All right, now I think that Walt *did* poison Brock, but that he knew exactly how much to give him so that he could be treated and not die. He knew Jesse would figure it out, and played the whole shit out to his being able to go at Gus. This takes care of the whole "Would Walt really kill a kid?" question too. I like to think he wouldn't, but he's fucking low enough to poison one and not kill him if it means he gets to survive. And I still love the glasses theory. That would really explain things: Gus doesn't have superpowers, he actually heard Walt, and that's why he stopped walking. And that's why no one gave a shit when Walt would call to say him and Hank would be nearby--they already knew.

• I would like to think that they want us to think Gus poisoned the kid after Jesse stood up for Walt and Gus replied that an appropriate response would be coming. I think Jesse's response in the hospital after Gus reminds him that he is on the Board of Directions and can recommend the best doctors and Jesse says that Brock is not sick but has been poisoned that makes Gus re-think the situation at the hospital. I really enjoy that Walt and Jesse stand up for one another to Gus, but can't speak a word to each other. I have to think that their forces are going to re-allign. Looking forward to the finale, but we are going to be left with some serious questions till the final season.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    People, the bug in the sunglasses makes no sense. Do you really think Gus would go around all day with a receiver in his ear? & even then, what Walt was saying at the time should not have been alarming to Gus.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm torn between hating this last episode and loving it for the way it has the internets going wild.

I was really put off by much of what happened with both the mystery Brock poisoning and the psychic Gus bomb evasion, mainly because they made no sense to me ... but the speculation this episode raised has made for one of the craziest weeks of TV anticipation ever.

• i feel like a lil kid waitin for christmas

3:22

This should give us an idea of where the show is headed. Based on this I don't think Walt will be going back to being a nice guy next season.
    Hopefully someone will upload the season finale soon...

• wow. that was ill.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Such a great series.

• gus' death scene was insane.

so walt did poison the kid to manipulate jesse into giving up gus.

where does the show go for the last season now?

• Pretty good. Pretty pretty good.

Lol at the episode being titled "face off."

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Awesome.

• I can't be the only one that's really sad that Gus is dead.

Where does this leave Mike? (favorite character)

• I love seeing Bryan Cranston in real life because he is so much more Tim watley than he is Walter white. He looks so much younger too.

Walt is a bad man. How can they possibly just go on with life, especially in the same town. Something or someone has to come after them. They cant just get away with that.
    I predict Skylar being Walt's downfall. He went too farad she's bugged out by it.

• Does mike end up working for them? Or going after them? Or maybe just leaving town on some fuck this I'm retired type of thing?

Controller_7 said:
    Does mike end up working for them? Or going after them? Or maybe just leaving town on some fuck this I'm retired type of thing?

Oh yeah. West coast people, I guess to be fair this is a spoiler alert.

Good question. I think Mike will be an important character in the last season. He seems to be one of the highest-up guys from Gus's camp who is still alive. I guess last we saw him he was still recovering in Mexico from the gunshot wound.

I think I probably agree with Skylar being a big part of Walt's eventual end. She almost did it this season with the whole Ted thing.

At least this finale wasn't a cliffhanger like last season. I think I'll be OK waiting until next summer for the next season.

So I guess the bugged glasses thing was reaching in terms of a theory, but whoever out there in internet land who called Walt being the poisoner was on point. The bomb was crazy though. And the last look on Salamanca's face was priceless.

• bluesnag said:
    whoever out there in internet land who called Walt being the poisoner was on point. The bomb was crazy though. And the last look on Salamanca's face was priceless.

That theory actually took some of the thrill out of the revelation for me.

CherChezLaPLAN said:
    bluesnag said:
    whoever out there in internet land who called Walt being the poisoner was on point. The bomb was crazy though. And the last look on Salamanca's face was priceless.

Yeah, me too, but that's what we get for reading things on the internet.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    :face_melt:

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    flatblackplastic said:
    the scene where walt spins the gun 3 times, the first two times it points to him.
    the third time it points to some plants, i think this is where walt got his idea about poisoning the kid with the ricin. seeing as ricin is made from castor oil plant.
    not bad!

• Even in a tense, dark episode like this, there were belly laugh moments for me:

1) Everything Saul said at the police station.

2) Gus's clip-on tie!

• mattB said:
    flatblackplastic said:
    not bad!

and this is the explanation for jesse's missing cig?

keithvanhorn said:
    mattB said:
    flatblackplastic said:
    not bad!

and this is the explanation for jesse's missing cig?

And here comes the Breaking Bad party pooper, right on time!

Jesse actually gets frisked for about 8 seconds, and then dude puts something in his pocket at the end. Check out the clip at the bottom of the post here:

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2011/10/07/who-took-jesses-cigarette/

• CherChezLaPLAN said:
    bluesnag said:

i can't take full credit for it. i have two friends that i discuss the show with and since last week i've been trying to convince them that walt did it. at first neither of them were hearing it, but later one of them remembered the gun scene and we put two and two together.

i wouldnt have come up with it myself but after watching that part again i was fully convinced.

i think the funniest part of the whole series was when hector got together with hank at the dea offices.
    i was laughing thru to the next scene!!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    where does the show go for the last season now?

Hank has to figure it all out at some point.

I miss Mike as well. Hope he comes back.

The Gus death scene was :hard_as_fuck: more of that Terminator shit.

• Great Article:

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-season-4-finale-walt-gus-jesse/

Still curious about how the fuk it was delivered to Brock and executed so quickly...

It was delivered by Saul or the character played by Bill Burr. The bodyguard switched the cigarrette packs when he frisked Jesse. Saul was in it because he knows everything about Brock & his mom, he is the one that helped set them up after all, & I guess Walt convinced him that if he didn't do this to get Jesse on their side & eliminate Gus from the picture, then Gus might come after Saul as well.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    AMAZING!