NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    And Kevin Faulk is still LSU's all-time leading rusher. He's was my favorite player before you even heard of him.

b/w

Gawd, you suck at life!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What are those Red Sox up to?

b/w

Stoneballs Yawkey speaks from the grave.

• FrankieMeltzer said:

But you're right, he's basically Jim Brown now because he's a Saint.

Where did I even say that you dumb fucking douchebag?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I am already pumped for MNF -- my Bears heading to the D for the Lions first Monday night game in a decade? Bears have knocked Stafford out in each of the past two seasons, with Julius Peppers almost killing him last year. So Lions definiately have a little extra motivation, as if they needed it. Obviously the NFC North is all Packers and Lions this year but the Bears still have a few things going for them.

Gareth -- any thoughts on that Mark Bowden article in The Atlantic about orchestrating the game for TV? Very illuminating!

GenePontecorvo said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

But you're right, he's basically Jim Brown now because he's a Saint.

Where did I even say that you dumb fucking douchebag?

Oh yes, the ignore function now in effect since I guess banning ridiculous dickhead is apparently off the table.

• Here's my impression of ESPN and NFL Network:

"Tony Romo Mike Vick Tony Romo Tom Brady Tony Romo Mike Vick Tony Romo Tom Brady"

They not even talkin about A-Rod who just dropped 400 bills, 4tds and 2 TDs on the ground in an egregious day of stat-padding by the Fudge Pack.

I hope the Bears maul the pretending Lions. Stafford won't go 16.

All the best football is being played in the South, in the Midwest and out West. East Coast bias in full effect.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

All the best football is being played in the South, in the Midwest and out West. East Coast bias in full effect.

We beg to differ.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Went to the Vikings-Chiefs game on Sunday. Here are the Vikings highlights:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    How's your team doing?

Second week in a row the Steelers have looked like refried ass. Except this time, they aren't going to crap out a win.

Defense is old.

O-Line sucks.

8-8 season.

Defense now going to be missing James Harrison for several weeks after he has eye surgery. Goddammit.

• Jesus Moe.

There are like 4 bellcows even left.

Stoked that Sproles is working out to be an *amazing* ancillary weapon that we signed for cheap. We have 4 good backs when Ivory comes off PUP. No one compared him to Barry Sanders. he is a million times better than Reggie cos Reggie, well, he sucks.

Look, you just keep loving those Louisiana backs we send up there to the Pats. Faulk (whose relevancy is past) and now the young bol Ridley (who is looking great).

• DrWu said:

We beg to differ.

Nuff Respect to the Ravens, led in part by Ed Reed, from Destrehan, Louisiana.

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    What are those Red Sox up to?

b/w

Stoneballs Yawkey speaks from the grave.

Nothing.

b/w

And no RIP for Yawkey from me. He was a South Carolinian, BTW.

I thought he was from Detroit and his dad came real close to buying the Tigers before he died?

FrankieMeltzer said:

http://baseballhistoryblog.com/540/tom-yawkeys-whorehouse/

It was his grandfather who almost bought the Tigers, and his uncle/adoptive father who did own the Tigers for a while before dying in 1919. He left his money to TY.

This is a great piece on the Yawkey mess:

http://verbplow.blogspot.com/2009/11/tom-yawkey-race-and-smoking-gun.html

So how do you reconcile rooting for the Red Sox while throwing out Stonewall Jackson insults?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    DrWu said:

We beg to differ.

C'mon, the defense played great on Monday but that is far from a dominant team. Flacco is lucky that Sanchez took all the heat for awful QB-ing the other night, he was nearly as bad. The only great team right now is Green Bay, everyone else has major flaws to address.

I agree with the above, but even Green Bay's passing defense is kinda suspect.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    DrWu said:

We beg to differ.

And Oregon stalwart, Haloti Ngata. I ran into Haloti in the BWI airport this summer. We had a great talk about how much we love the Northwest. Super dude dude.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    DrWu said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    DrWu said:

We beg to differ.

And Oregon stalwart, Haloti Ngata. I ran into Haloti in the BWI airport this summer. We had a great talk about how much we love the Northwest. Super dude dude.

The other Oregon stalwart on the Ravens, TE Ed Dickson, had a few drops on Sunday night. Those two Ducks are the only thing I like about the [del]Browns[/del] Ravens.

• Eagles stink. :(

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Skins looking good!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    asstro said:
    DrWu said:

We beg to differ.

C'mon, the defense played great on Monday but that is far from a dominant team. Flacco is lucky that Sanchez took all the heat for awful QB-ing the other night, he was nearly as bad. The only great team right now is Green Bay, everyone else has major flaws to address.

I'm not saying we're perfect. But Flacco has shown to be a lot better than last year when we had trouble putting mediocre teams away even when the D was playing well. Not this year. Flacco has been dominant in 2 of the 4 games, played very well in the 1st quarter against a good Jets D, melted in the 2nd quarter after which we glided into the finish based on 3 D TDs. Remember this is still early, lots of time for the offense to gel even more. Barring injuries, I think we're the favorites in the AFC.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    JRoot said:
    DrWu said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    DrWu said:

We beg to differ.

The other Oregon stalwart on the Ravens, TE Ed Dickson, had a few drops on Sunday night. Those two Ducks are the only thing I like about the [del]Browns[/del] Ravens.

Really? Ed Reed is like Shakespeare out there. Rewriting the book as he goes. One incredible read, int and poor lateral choice after another. How you cannot love his game is beyond me.

• Yes! Tebow is IN. He's leading the comeback.

GenePontecorvo said:
    Yes! Tebow is IN. He's leading the comeback.

On my knees with my rosary beads as we speak. Jesus saves!

• This is so awesome. Tebow is killin it.

GenePontecorvo said:
    This is so awesome. Tebow is killin it.

Just keep praying, brother.

• Obvious PI missed by the refs.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    it's hard to defend a QB who throws 4 picks in a game, but I really don't pin that Eagles loss on Vick. The painful interceptions were tipped balls, and while Vick can get a little too, um, creative under pressure, he also came very close to bringing them all the way back in that game until another tipped pass interception on the goal line killed their chances. The 2 biggest problems I've seen with Philly are their defense's inability to stop anyone, and the weakness of the offensive line.

• Eagles won.

• TOM BRADY HAS THAT

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The real "Sexxxy" Rex Grossman showed up today. My Skins are playing for next season now.