NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Hightower's laying an egg right now.

Game's a snooze. And it's not because these are great defenses.

So far, yeah. Hope it picks up, but at the end of the day a Skins W will suffice.

Even though we lost, that was a great game to watch. Our defense didn't allow the Cowboys into the endzone, and there were many opportunities for that. That blocked field goal was the difference, and that seems to be the way these games end up. But I'm not discouraged. We're 2-1 with a game against St. Louis before a bye, and we could finish the first quarter of the season 3-1. And considering most experts thought that we would only win 2 games for the entire season, 3-1 is not a bad place to be. Right now.

It was a nail biter. That is, right up until Haslett called the jailbreak blitz on 3rd and 21, and the Cowboys converted. :talib: Terrible call. No reason not to drop back in coverage there, IMO. That was the game in my view. Oh well. I agree they Skins look better than anticipated. Then again, their competition has been

The Rams are no paddycakers. We'll see how the Skins respond. Hoping for the best.

FrankieMeltzer said:

In general the Monday night schedule for this season looks awful. This one was hugely awful. On both sides.

You don't think next week's game between Indy and Tampa Bay is going to be :next_level:?

• FrankieMeltzer said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Our defense didn't allow the Cowboys into the endzone, and there were many opportunities for that.

Were we watching the same game? The Cowboys offense is what kept them out of the endzone, with all of those botched snaps and dumb moves by receivers and dumb penalties. Any real offense would have scored 30+ points against your defense.

In general the Monday night schedule for this season looks awful. This one was hugely awful. On both sides.

Yes, their offense did shoot themselves in the foot. But that same offense was able to make plays that got them into scoring position in the red zone 4 times, with each of them ending up as field goals. And the Cowboys did have a real offense. A real questionable one. As for scoring 30+ on us, we still have 13 games to find out.

• Bon Vivant said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Hightower's laying an egg right now.

Game's a snooze. And it's not because these are great defenses.

So far, yeah. Hope it picks up, but at the end of the day a Skins W will suffice.

Even though we lost, that was a great game to watch. Our defense didn't allow the Cowboys into the endzone, and there were many opportunities for that. That blocked field goal was the difference, and that seems to be the way these games end up. But I'm not discouraged. We're 2-1 with a game against St. Louis before a bye, and we could finish the first quarter of the season 3-1. And considering most experts thought that we would only win 2 games for the entire season, 3-1 is not a bad place to be. Right now.

It was a nail biter. That is, right up until Haslett called the jailbreak blitz on 3rd and 21, and the Cowboys converted. :talib: Terrible call. No reason not to drop back in coverage there, IMO. That was the game in my view. Oh well. I agree they Skins look better than anticipated. Then again, their competition has been

The Rams are no paddycakers. We'll see how the Skins respond. Hoping for the best.

On that 3rd and 21 I was thinking they would SHOW blitz to make Romo hurry it up and then FALL BACK into coverage to keep them from gaining a first down. Had that been a 3 and out we would've won. But I'm glad they experienced a loss NOW to realize that they are far from where they think they ought to be. St. Louis is a tough team to play, but I believe that they will respond well and enter the bye week on a good note. Then, Philadelphia.

[
    On that 3rd and 21 I was thinking they would SHOW blitz to make Romo hurry it up and then FALL BACK into coverage to keep them from gaining a first down.

That's what I was thinking, too. Damn.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fuck, these fools are tagteaming in the football thread too.

• RAJ said:
    Curtis Painter.... SO CLOSE!

curtis looked good for the most part, aside from the NYJ/fumble flashback, 2 solid completions to pierre. i was at the game (and about 5 bourbons deep), so we never heard the details of why kerry never returned. i am actually kind of excited to watch painter playout the rest of the season (and at 0-3 with a concussed collins, it seems likely), hopefully boost his confidence a little... you can tell that simply having peyton's brain near the field helps the team considerably.

• Jim Haslett will always let you down in the end. All balls, no brains.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• Darren Sproles = 1 million times better than Reggie Bush

Reggie Bush dilly-dallies (aka what my coaches used to call pussyfooting) way too much, whereas Darren Sproles simply runs as fast as he can right up the field. We'll take that, thank you very much.

• FrankieMeltzer said:

But Sproles is another fragile back and I wouldn't get too excited just yet. There's a reason the Chargers didn't keep him.

What are you basing your claims of fragility on?

I believe he has missed one maybe two games in his career.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Reggie Bush dilly-dallies (aka what my coaches used to call pussyfooting) way too much, whereas Darren Sproles simply runs as fast as he can right up the field. We'll take that, thank you very much.

Yup. It's amazing to think Reggie simply will never run. straight. ahead.

Sproles excels at it.

I'ma mark these posts and come back and shove it up Moe's ass when Sproles beasts for the whole year.

• Eagles looking good. How's your team doing? Haven't flipped to see anything else yet.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    How's your team doing?

Second week in a row the Steelers have looked like refried ass. Except this time, they aren't going to crap out a win.

FunkyFlatulent said:
    Eagles looking good. How's your team doing? Haven't flipped to see anything else yet.

Skins still up.

• EAGLES FUCKING STINK!

HTTR!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    How's your team doing?

Second week in a row the Steelers have looked like refried ass. Except this time, they aren't going to crap out a win.

Defense is old.

O-Line sucks.

8-8 season.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Pats???looking good, even thought their defense is hit or miss (mostly miss).

FF???looking good, although Danny Woodhead limping off didn't help.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    How's your team doing?

Defense is old.

O-Line sucks.

8-8 season.

You think the O-line is good enough to be called sucky? I think they have some improvement to do to rise to that level.

• Bon Vivant said:
    HTTR!

RETURN OF THE ALL-TORAIN VEHICHLE! 3-1 with a bye week to recover and regroup to face Vickadelphia.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Ravens are savage beasts... Sanchez cry.

:cry:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Ravens are savage beasts... Sanchez cry.

:cry:

Ed Reed for MVP right now.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Did I mention that I love our remaining schedule. Some soft ass teams coming up. Cant wait for SF on Thanksgiving night. I'll be there belly full of turkey.

DB_Cooper said:
    Pats???looking good, even thought their defense is hit or miss (mostly miss).

FF???looking good, although Danny Woodhead limping off didn't help.

Oh, are we talking FF, too? I had my ass handed to me.

incompletejigsaw said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HTTR!

RETURN OF THE ALL-TORAIN VEHICHLE! 3-1 with a bye week to recover and regroup to face Vickadelphia.

Another winnable game on the horizon.

FrankieMeltzer said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

But Sproles is another fragile back and I wouldn't get too excited just yet. There's a reason the Chargers didn't keep him.

What are you basing your claims of fragility on?

I believe he has missed one maybe two games in his career.

He missed the entire 2006 season. And before this season he'd started 5 games, total, with barely over a thousand yards rushing total.

But you're right, he's basically Jim Brown now because he's a Saint.

You can't even be serious. Even the most casual football fan knows that Sproles didn't start in San Diego because he played behind future Hall-of-Famer Ladainian Tomlinson.

Plus, from jump he'd been designated a 3rd down back, who catches more passes than anything. And he's routinely considered to be one of the best 3rd down backs in football...and he's doing it even better this season as a Saint.

Honestly, you just made the worst, misinformed post on football in the history of the internet.

Did you seriously just correct me for not capitalizing the d in Ladainian?

b/w

3rd down backs still don't start.

And while your baseless speculation doesn't deserve a response, I jumped on the Saints bandwagon by way of enjoying season tickets with my dad from 1978-83...you know, we were big worldbeaters back then.